Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

NYSC: Fake Corps Member Sentenced To Prison - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Fake Corps Member Sentenced To Prison (946 Views)

Fake Corps Member Arrested At Akwa Ibom Orientation Camp / NYSC Fake Online Posting: Was Their Website Hacked? / NYSC Fake Online Posting: Was Their Website Hacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC: Fake Corps Member Sentenced To Prison by bvibesblogger: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
A Chief Magistrates’ court sitting in Jos, Plateau state, has sentenced to prison a certain Abubakar Mohammed, for impersonating a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

The fake NYSC member was sentenced to one month in prison by magistrate, Mr Tijanni Zololo after pleading guilty to the charges of impersonation and forgery.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Zololo said the sentence was meant to serve as a deterrent to others who might want to engage in the same act. He however gave the convict an option of N100,000 fine.

In his plea, 25-year-old, Mohammed blamed the devil for his action.

“I don’t know what came over me; it was the devil that made me do it.

“I wanted to belong, and to be at the same level with my peers. That was why I did it, have mercy on me,’’ he said.

Cpl. Samuel Chirkwap, the police prosecutor had earlier told the court that the suspect was found with fake NYSC documents. He was also found with a forged certificate from Usman Dan Fodio University which prompted the police to arrest him.

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/09/nysc-fake-corps-member-sentenced-to-prison/
Re: NYSC: Fake Corps Member Sentenced To Prison by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
I wonder why some kinds of crimes committed by 'NOT the Politicians' Nigerians gets faster Judgment while those POLITRICIAN's crimes takes Years before judgment. I aint getting it huh.
Re: NYSC: Fake Corps Member Sentenced To Prison by Emmafrancis: 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2015
E don burst

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Raid Corpers' Lodge In Ogun State / NYSC Explains Delay In Corps Members January Allowance / Nysc 2016 Batch A Posting Has Commenced This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.