Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

The Accursed - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Accursed (473 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Accursed by ehisjizzy: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
THE ACCURSED
The women stood from afar and looked. The drivers wore a grin on their sweaty faces, some passengers hissed from time to time, others simply looked on in utter hopelessness. The women could hear the pedestrians cursing;
Ogun wa gboe! Said one to a car owner who had splashed some mud water on him.
But such sights were no longer unusual, no not in Benin City, especially not along the Asoro-Ugbighoko road; the pot holes were numerous and daring, flood waters had come out to play on the roads, not caring a bit about those for whom the road was made and the traffic....
"These people think we have so much power" one of the women said to the other.
"They tell themselves that the goddess Ogba is angry and so the roads will never be good. She needs sacrifice" the other said, now laughing hysterically.
"But is it really me?" The other woman said with a serious look. "Am I their Governor, who says many things but does little or their Local Government Chairman who doesn't care if they exist? Or am I...."
The deafening blaring of horns interrupted her speech.
"It was their Lord that said he has given the earth to the sons of men" now looking at the sign post of a magnificient Church along the road she continued, "But I guess they'll never know that".

A fiction written by moi, inspired by the state of my road.lol

(1) (Reply)

#poem: Beauty / I Stand / 62 Ajose Street..the Place Of My Birth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.