Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Christian Clerk Jailed For Refusing To Issue Gay Marriage Certificates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Clerk Jailed For Refusing To Issue Gay Marriage Certificates (467 Views)

Lady Accuses RCCG Of Refusing To Return 24.4m Proceeds Of Fraud / Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby / Church Sends Man Letter For Refusing To Pay Dues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Clerk Jailed For Refusing To Issue Gay Marriage Certificates by intrepid: 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2015
ChurchLeaders.com

Kentucky county clerk, Kim Davis, violated the Supreme Court order and refused to give homosexual couples marriage licenses. She has been found in contempt of court and has been sent to jail until she agrees to comply.

Over 100 protesters and demonstrators lined the street with opposing views, shouts, signs, religious rants and calls for marriage equality. For conservatives, fear has struck a nerve. For supporters of marriage equality, this has hit close to home.

One man shouted with a microphone, “If we want to live like Sodom and Gomorrah, God will punish us like Sodom and Gomorrah,” he said, referencing Genesis 19:23-26.

USA Today writes, “Ashley Hogue, a secretary from Ashland held a sign outside the courthouse that read, ‘Kim Davis does not speak for my religious beliefs. This is so ugly,’ she said, wiping away tears. ‘I was unprepared for all the hate.'”

A courtroom of 300 seats was full for the hearing.
Re: Christian Clerk Jailed For Refusing To Issue Gay Marriage Certificates by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2015
Interesting! So many things to sit down and write for generations to laugh at in mockery. grin
Re: Christian Clerk Jailed For Refusing To Issue Gay Marriage Certificates by psucc(m): 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2015
When animals became higher beings.

In my Junior Sec Sch days, man was described as higher beings above animals but today, even the supposed 'civilized' country, animals are better than an average man. What a shame.

If this is the prize of civilization, we better till the ground with our bare hands.
Re: Christian Clerk Jailed For Refusing To Issue Gay Marriage Certificates by tracyfemmmm: 4:58am On Sep 05, 2015
I don't support this lady abeg. separation of church and state .you cant be a law unto your self.d government that you work for says it is a crime to discriminate against gay people while in office then y do that. If you dont like it resign instead of trying to make a martyr out of yourself for no reason.

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Leaders' Special Treatment, What's Your Say / Governor Fayose distributes Rams To Ekiti Muslims For Sallah / Gandhi Ji Jayanti 2015 Short Line Status – 2 Oct 2015 Status In English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.