Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? (1245 Views)

The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Agege (PHOTO) / Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. / The Bus Terminal That Ambode Is Building At Berger Bus Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Never knew some ppl can talk so much even when you are not giving them attention.

I remember when last I travelled, a man seating next to me can't stop telling me different stories both false and true. I tried all possible best to make him stop talking but all in vein until I started pretending as if I was sleeping. Though the case might be different if he was a lady but even if the lady too is a talkative you still have to find a way to 'shut her up'.

The funny part eh!, some will still wake u up when they noticed you are sleeping just to continue their gist/story shocked grin grin grin

Any experience?
How do u deal with them ?

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Pronmix(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
I would like to know also.

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by honeygirl17: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
I'll tell the person politely to shut up

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by dulux07(m): 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2015
Dont respond, or jst tell them to shut up
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by HerexG(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2015
Just set ur phone on silent, put it into ur pocket, wait for some seconds and form a call, walk away and signal "see you later" while making the fake call or if you are in a seating position with the person after the fake call just tell the person "I'm in a bad mood now and won't like to talk"

pls don't try this if you are a bad actor grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by tpiah01: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
you watched leap year, huh.
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2015
honeygirl17:
he/she will think you are kinda rude. How will you tell them politely?
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
HerexG:
Just set ur phone on silent, put it into ur pocket, wait for some seconds and form a call, walk away and signal "see you later" while making the fake call or if you are in a seating position with the person after the fake call just tell the person "I'm in a bad mood now and won't like to talk"

pls don't try this if you are a bad actor grin
lol , what if he insist you share your bad mood issue with him? You don't know how frustrating these set of ppl are grin
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by HerexG(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2015
agarawu23:
lol , what if he insist you share your bad mood issue with him? You don't know how frustrating these set of ppl are grin

Na that time you go para for am, then he will know you really mean business

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Teeboy22(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
honeygirl17:
Just like that
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by destino24(m): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
You don't, you simply plug your earphone or headset

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
HerexG:

Na that time you go para for am, then he will know you really mean business
para!!! grin grin grin
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by ennon92(m): 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2015
Y should I listen/talk if I dnt want to Unless u re forced with gun pointed @ur cranium.
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by GOATandYAMtheory: 1:39am On Sep 06, 2015
agarawu23:
Never knew some ppl can talk so much even when you are not giving them attention.

I remember when last I travelled, a man seating next to me can't stop telling me different stories both false and true. I tried all possible best to make him stop talking but all in vein until I started pretending as if I was sleeping. Though the case might be different if he was a lady but even if the lady too is a talkative you still have to find a way to 'shut her up'.

The funny part eh!, some will still wake u up when they noticed you are sleeping just to continue their gist/story shocked grin grin grin

Any experience?
How do u deal with them ?
hahahahaha LWKMD cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 8:19am On Sep 06, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
hahahahaha LWKMD cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 8:20am On Sep 06, 2015
ennon92:
Y should I listen/talk if I dnt want to Unless u re forced with gun pointed @ur cranium.
this set of ppl will keep talking even when you are not showing interest grin
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Lexusgs430: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2015
Just completely ignore them, if you have an earpiece, turn on your audio device and listen to some good or bad music.
That would soon shut them up.
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 07, 2015
just fart loudly nd dangerously

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Originalsly: 2:37am On Sep 07, 2015
Simple...the person must pause....seize that opportunity to say that was interesting and immediately plug in your earpiece. .. count to 3...then start bopping your head and tapping your fingers...even if you're listening to nothing . After a few minutes play sleep.

2 Likes

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2015
Originalsly:
Simple...the person must pause....seize that opportunity to say that was interesting and immediately plug in your earpiece. .. count to 3...then start bopping your head and tapping your fingers...even if you're listening to nothing . After a few minutes play sleep.
good idea grin
Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2015
I am doing my best these days to live by the Golden Rule
...what if the man or woman who would not shut up shocked feels a connection with you?
Like, they think you are friendly and want to share whatever with you? Were very depressed or anxious about something and talking to you made them better?

No major disaster would happen if I listened to someone like that....they would get off the vehicle in a lighter mood...etc
That is what good people would do....and I want to be doing good
Either that or that I am too wimpy to plug an earpiece in my ear when someone is trying to make a conversation with me

Actually I would hate it if the person smelled bad, was a spit spewer or was coughing without covering his orifices while talking....or had many children bawling out their lungs and climbing all over their parent and me angry

However for any other type of garrulousness...I want to think I should handle it
It costs us nothing to be friendly and make someone happy

You know what? With the ones I mentioned I cannot deal with, I am going to start making an effort
I sound sanctimonious, I know...however I am also schooling myself to be nicer to people
Posts like this are simply not good
I just had to stand outside of myself to see how little snubbing people is..I feel like throwing something at the poster! But mostly for daring to say how I feel at times about people...I usually pay extra so I can have a lot of space to myself...like take all or most of the seats in a row
....(very bad)
I recognise a part of me in the post and I cringe at it....and resolve to love people more
Even more important, that someone was talking out our ears does not mean they are too stupid to recognise when they have been snubbed
I just preached.
SMH. Forgive me

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by agarawu23(m): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Milychocs, you don try grin

1 Like

Re: How Can You 'shut Up' A Talkative In The Bus/plane/ship Etc? by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2015
Gunbiz:
just fart loudly nd dangerously

grin great idea

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Amazing Reasons Why You Should Visit Kenya / Direction Needed Urgently. / How Soon Can I Reapply For VISA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.