Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Will The Nigerian Eagles Ever Be Super Again? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Will The Nigerian Eagles Ever Be Super Again? (434 Views)

The Nigerian Eagles Has Regained Its Power To Defeat The Two-legged Ice Cream / Onazi Ceased To Be Super Eagles Vice Captain / Who Should Be Super Eagles Top Striker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will The Nigerian Eagles Ever Be Super Again? by Osisie(m): 9:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
After that record breaking triumph at the AFCON 2013, we all had our hopes high. We felt a change had finally come. Especially when we beat Ivory Coast in the quarter final match. But it was not to be. We all know what happened afterwards.

I've been a fan of the Super Eagles since for as long as I can remember. Gone are the days when Okocha made you never want to miss a match. Papilo was our stand-out hero. Agahowa gave us those backflips after every goal....and there was always a goal. I remember Agahowa promised he was gonna score at the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup.....He ended up scoring Nigeria's only goal in that tournament.

Even in 2006 when Okocha played his last match, the Eagles were still Super. Okocha scored a free kick against Cameroun that had the goalie looking clueless.

I just wonder how we got to this point. We literally STRUGGLED to win AFCON 2013. To be honest, I am confused. Who do we blame?

Do we really need another foreign coach? Will the Eagles ever be Super again?
How do we get back to the glory days?
What's the way forward?
Abi, shey na like this we go dey dey?

I don't want to believe that with all the young talents playing football on our streets, this team is the best we can bring forth.

Just like Julius Agwu's song, when I remember Atlanta '96, water runaway my eye o, aiye aiye, water runaway my eye.
Re: Will The Nigerian Eagles Ever Be Super Again? by igwedaboss(m): 9:33pm On Sep 05, 2015
Some day son... Some day
Re: Will The Nigerian Eagles Ever Be Super Again? by farfar: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
They will be super again. They have some youngsters that are rewally good

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Your Team? / Slaven Bilic Is Full Of Praise For Victor Moses /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.