Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Martial Is A Future Manchester United Captain-says Brother - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Martial Is A Future Manchester United Captain-says Brother (466 Views)

Martial Is September's Player Of The Month / Why I Hate Ex Chelsea Captain, John Terry So Much - Cesc Fabregas / My Only Problem With Anthony Martial Is Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Martial Is A Future Manchester United Captain-says Brother by Buyeradvertcom: 9:05am On Sep 06, 2015
The 19-year-old joined the Old Trafford club for £58 million, but his older brother insists that fee will not unsettle him as he is destined to be a star for club and country
Anthony Martial is destined to become captain of Manchester United, his brother Dorian says.

The 19-year-old joined Louis van Gaal's team for a massive £58 million fee from Monaco on transfer deadline day.

However, his brother insists he is worth the heavy investment from the Red Devils and believes he will go on to wear the captain's armband for club and country in the near future.

“Anthony has all the qualities needed to be Manchester United and France captain," Dorian told The Sun. "He has always been a natural leader in a team — he’s been like that since he was six.

“My little brother isn’t someone who will shout at all the players around him. He doesn’t need to because he speaks with his incredible skills.

“Anthony is a talisman and has the ego and personality on the pitch to be a captain of Manchester United and even France.

"Of course, not right now — because he is just 19 — but definitely in the future. He comes from a club that has produced two France captains.

“Patrice Evra went on to be United skipper while Thierry Henry had the armband at Arsenal. It’s in the DNA here because players are well educated. They’re taught to be responsible but also respectful.

“The fee is a lot of money but Anthony will not worry. He doesn’t know the meaning of the word ‘Pressure.’"

Dorian also recalled how his brother had always shown a desire to play for United, having been a big admirer of Evra and Ryan Giggs.

“Anthony grew up watching players like Ryan Giggs, Rooney and Patrice on TV. And I remember him once saying, ‘Wow, why not me one day?’ He loved United’s attacking style of football.

“Being in a team of superstars will not faze him. He will be no different playing for United as he was playing with his friends as a child.”

Martial used to play for part-time team CO Les Ulis, who produced the likes of Evra, Henry and Yaya Sanogo and the club's former technical director, Mamadou Niakate, says Martial's talent was obvious from a young age.

“You could see he had already surpassed the other kids in terms of skill and speed," he said. "He was a serious talent and knew what he wanted even then.

“Anthony was determined and hard-working. He had this real hate of losing, almost a fear. It would eat him up, he’d be angry and become isolated.

“Thierry was the same. He had that same trait, the same behaviour, the same speed, quality and will to win. That is what separates them from the rest.” http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4067/england/2015/09/06/15086552/martial-is-a-future-manchester-united-captain
Re: Martial Is A Future Manchester United Captain-says Brother by ulysses: 9:20am On Sep 06, 2015
CAPTAIN...... I LAUGH IN TIV!!!!@@@@@@
Re: Martial Is A Future Manchester United Captain-says Brother by RoyalRoy(m): 9:35am On Sep 06, 2015
ulysses:
CAPTAIN...... I LAUGH IN TIV!!!!@@@@@@

Why not?
Did you read the article?

He was speaking of the future not now!!

All Captains started from somewhere

(1) (Reply)

#soccer: Handicapped African Juggles A Ball Better Than Ronaldinho / Sunderland Boss Dick Advocaat On Chelsea's Form. / Sports Bet/predictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.