Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Why Are There More Men Than Women? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Are There More Men Than Women? (3202 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There More Men Than Women? by khalhokage(m): 9:30am On Sep 06, 2015

And the full answer isn’t because of societal preferences – i.e. male babies being preferred over female babies for religious or economic reasons. Although that is a factor of course.

The main factor causing the imbalanced ratio of females to males is actually just evolution being clever (again). Due to the fact that men are more likely to suffer serious illnesses, take risks and be subjected to violence during their lifetime than women – coupled with the fact mothers are more likely to miscarry a male fetus during pregnancy – means that mothers will carry 150 male fetuses for every 100 female.

Take a look at this video by MinuteEarth explaining why there are more bouncing baby boys born every day than girls – even if the scales do end up balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IaYhG11ckA

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 06, 2015
sad
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 06, 2015
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by WiseElectrical: 9:33am On Sep 06, 2015
sad
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by khalhokage(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2015
Why the sad faces? grin it's funny and it makes sense.
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by ladyF(f): 10:04am On Sep 06, 2015
I think there are more women than men....
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by obiak4(m): 10:47am On Sep 06, 2015
ladyF:
I think there are more women than men....
i think say na only me pinky are u pondering what am pondering
op is high, it should be more women than male or is NL now on pluto?
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:43pm On Sep 06, 2015
Where did you get this false info from?

There are by far more women in the world today than men. and till today, more girls are born.
There is always a higher probability that an unborn child will be a girl.

This is because, during intercourse the X(female) chromosomes from the man tend to swim faster than the Y(male) Chromosomes from him.

While a man has X and Y, a woman has two X chromosomes in her reproductive cells.
Each ovum(reproductive cell) carries an X chromosome.

If an X fertilizes an X, the baby would be a girl.
But when a Y fertilizes an X, the baby will be a boy.

most times the X Chromosomes from men swim faster than their Y chromosomes. Hence the X tends to enter and fertilize the chromosomes in women before the Y.

This is why we have more women today. It's been proven scientifically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by MightySparrow: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2015
Cos men are polygamous by nature. More women foe fewer men grin
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by emancipation1(m): 1:36am On Oct 08, 2015
OP, please get a better research and post.....in about 5years time there would be about 65%-70% female of the worlds population so and according to the post of the chromosonal donors in male&female it just get to prove it more.....inshort in my church every thanks giving service for child dedication na 7 girls 1boy, this month again 6girls no boy.....I tire oo
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 12:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
emancipation1:
OP, please get a better research and post.....in about 5years time there would be about 65%-70% female of the worlds population so and according to the post of the chromosonal donors in male&female it just get to prove it more.....inshort in my church every thanks giving service for child dedication na 7 girls 1boy, this month again 6girls no boy.....I tire oo
proof of all you are saying?even in nigeria theirs more men,check the gender statistics!

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
Where did you get this false info from?

There are by far more women in the world today than men. and till today, more girls are born.
There is always a higher probability that an unborn child will be a girl.

This is because, during intercourse the X(female) chromosomes from the man tend to swim faster than the Y(male) Chromosomes from him.

While a man has X and Y, a woman has two X chromosomes in her reproductive cells.
Each ovum(reproductive cell) carries an X chromosome.

If an X fertilizes an X, the baby would be a girl.
But when a Y fertilizes an X, the baby will be a boy.

most times the X Chromosomes from men swim faster than their Y chromosomes. Hence the X tends to enter and fertilize the chromosomes in women before the Y.

This is why we have more women today. It's been proven scientifically.
you are wrong,theirs more males,check the facts and gender ratio!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by emancipation1(m): 12:47am On Oct 15, 2015
u need to be very practical in this kinda stat, the statistics u read is what they want you to believe, why dont you do a practical insight of your own and you will see reverse is the case from your stats
doublex:
proof of all you are saying?even in nigeria theirs more men,check the gender statistics!
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:17am On Oct 15, 2015
doublex:
you are wrong,theirs more males,check the facts and gender ratio!
i gave you raw facts - a re-ocurring phenomena in the human species - a well laid out explanation, and you're still argueing?

This is why Nigeria is struggling to compete with the world in science and technology - too many lay men.
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

i gave you raw facts - a re-ocurring phenomena in the human species - a well laid out explanation, and you're still argueing?

This is why Nigeria is struggling to compete with the world in science and technology - too many lay men.
you gave me your raw facts,not the raw facts.post the links that show the gender ratio of nigeria,are more females

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
you are also wrong about the x chromosome being faster,its heavier and slower.either way post links and lets settle this,mister

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2015
emancipation1:
u need to be very practical in this kinda stat, the statistics u read is what they want you to believe, why dont you do a practical insight of your own and you will see reverse is the case from your stats
post/paste the proof,even in nigeria theirs more men.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 6:29am On Oct 19, 2015
emancipation1:
didnt see this mention.but this is too funny mister! I disprove your 'facts' and tell you to provide evidence,so you say i should do a practical insight?hehehe,am a human not a machine who can count with my eyes how many people are there etc,thats why census was created.whats even funnier is your small conspiracy theory that this is what they want me to believe...the fact that you even got the science of the chromosomes wrong shows how your facts are wrong more-over in nigeria even with men going to outside countries,theirs still more men.CONCLUSION:THEIRS MORE MEN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by emancipation1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2015
U are a joke.....imagine u saying the chromosonal analysis is wrong as well as the men to women numbers, im just gonna be still maintain my stand with you and ask that u be practical for once even if u have never been and come back to give your observation and not always read what u find online.......
doublex:
didnt see this mention.but this is too funny mister! I disprove your 'facts' and tell you to provide evidence,so you say i should do a practical insight?hehehe,am a human not a machine who can count with my eyes how many people are there etc,thats why census was created.whats even funnier is your small conspiracy theory that this is what they want me to believe...the fact that you even got the science of the chromosomes wrong shows how your facts are wrong more-over in nigeria even with men going to outside countries,theirs still more men.CONCLUSION:THEIRS MORE MEN
Re: Why Are There More Men Than Women? by doublex: 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2015
emancipation1:
U are a joke.....imagine u saying the chromosonal analysis is wrong as well as the men to women numbers, im just gonna be still maintain my stand with you and ask that u be practical for once even if u have never been and come back to give your observation and not always read what u find online.......
yeah,how about you be practical and tell us how many people they are in the world just by using your own eyes? undecided after that,come back and tell 8-) or let me guess,this is one of those things you need census for?but not for gender count.ahahahahahahaa,men issue and consolation!THEIRS MORE OF YOU MEN,especially under 55 8-) more men for the women,right?cheesy

6 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Www.okcupid.com, Okcupid Login / Okcupid Registration & Download / How To Retrieve Deleted Files From Android After Factory Reset / EDB To PST Conversion Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.