Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Ever Run An Online Business? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ever Run An Online Business? (1282 Views)

Need A Partner For An Online/offline Dating Service / How Do I Run An Email Service On A Website: What Is Needed / How To Start An Online Radio Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Run An Online Business? by proproman(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2009
Verybody's all about online businesses. Who has ever run a succesful online business and how did you go about it?
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by Magnam(m): 4:27am On Apr 05, 2009
I started by going to seminars. And I learnt the blueprint of the successful ones. I followed there styles and advises.Today, I am doing well. But you must read, read and read to be successful. The secret of online businesses are inside the e-books which an average African man would like to buy because of the Headlines but would not like to read because of laziness.

Any person that said that online business is not real is lazy to read.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by tobi24(m): 10:13am On Apr 07, 2009
I run several online businesses. It is sad that in Nigeria online business has come to mean selling e-books. If you want to run a true online business, you must first understand the terrain you are venturing into and the mindset of the customers you will be serving.

If you do not have first hand practical experience of the market you are entering, you must expect a steep learning curve. If you persevere and give your customers what they are looking for, you will eventually make a good income from it.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by cnnnigeria: 5:08pm On Apr 08, 2009
I have been running online business for like a year now, though i have not really make that much but i have made money.
You can contact me for enquiry: watershed08@gmail.com
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by luvchild(f): 4:29am On Apr 14, 2009
If you have 10 thousand usa dollars you can start your own Avon Franchise.

Or you can just start small, I started by signing up with 10 dollars, a week later I ordered 700 dollars of their products, I got them without any money down. They shiped to me 48 hours later, I started selling them in my shop. Good thing about them is you can send back any items you can't sell for about 20 bucks. Another thing good is I ordered 700 dollars worth of stuff but because I am new I got an encentive, they gave me 50% off so I got all I ordered at 415 dollars after taxes. Got jewelry, mens cologne, womens perfume to start my own storefront at the store I operate in my hometown. After my markup I have figured I will make 2,000 thousand or so.

After you have your merchandise you will have 2 weeks to sell your items and pay for it, if you haven't paid for it in 2 weeks you can skip the next campaign and continue marketing your merchandise. They give you a total of 6 weeks after the 6th week and you haven't paid or shipped the unpaid items back they close your account until you do pay or ship them back. But if you find yourself stuck with items, ship them back and just place a reorder, this starts your cycle over again. I suggest selling what you ordered 4 weeks than ship back, reorder.  Simple as that.

Example: I just placed an order for 700 dollars worth of merchandise, I am going to sell my but off for 4 weeks in my store, than collect the items unsold and ship back.

After your signed up you should go to all the seminars if your serious about your business, Avon has in every city meetings for their representives to learn about the business model and how to make yours successful.  I would help you find your local meetings.

Let me know if you want more info I can get you started for 10 bucks. they are international but I am not sure which countries are allowed, will have to research that one.  I have a company website,  if you go there and try signing up it will tell you if you are allowed or not. If you want link let me know. Ok well good luck.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by Kaestro(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ imperialco.Very good opinion.
@ Poster. I think the most important factor here is not just to see the internet business at face value rather you should consider your interest, resources and skills and it's dependency on the internet for the success of your business.Its never ideal to jump into a venture you see people getting into for the sake of earning money. NaijaEcash has some very informative material on his/her website.BTW nice one naijaEcash.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by goldplated(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
Running an Online Business is tasking and requires focus and dedication.

Ever been faced with the situation that you came online to Send Emails for Marketing Campaign but you spent the whole time surfing about one money making scheme that caught your fancy?

This has happened to me all the time and i think most people are also faced with this distraction. You really have to be very focused and treat your business as a man and not like a baby.

Define your Path: I didnt do this earlier on which made me waste so much time going from one business to another without success. Know what you want to do and go for it without wavering. It's simple as that.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by Apiyoyo: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2009
hello luvchild,i an interested in being an Avon Franchiser,pls how can u help me
i really appreciate ur effort please.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by franel79(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2009
goldplated:

Running an Online Business is tasking and requires focus and dedication.

Ever been faced with the situation that you came online to Send Emails for Marketing Campaign but you spent the whole time surfing about one money making scheme that caught your fancy?

This has happened to me all the time and i think most people are also faced with this distraction. You really have to be very focused and treat your business as a man and not like a baby.

Define your Path: I didnt do this earlier on which made me waste so much time going from one business to another without success. Know what you want to do and go for it without wavering. It's simple as that.

I agree
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by NaijaEcash(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2009
@kaestro
Thanks for your generous complement. I'm still learning how the online business world works, but then, I believe I can be of help to any Nigerian that is serious about starting a business online. The only issue I can't cope with is those that believe that[i] Rome was built in one day by the genie from Aladdin's lamp[/i]. Such can't make it online.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by OrderBay(f): 1:27am On Apr 24, 2009
I run a business on-line www.orderbay.com

There are other businesses in Nigeria offering similar services, however OrderBay's
focuses on excellent customer service and timely delivery and this has distinguished us from the competition.

The beauty of an on-line business is the ability to run the business from anywhere at any time, AFTER
some stuctures and processes have ben put in place of course.

Naijaecash, how can we advertise on your web site ? The articles are interesting.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by NaijaEcash(m): 11:07am On Jun 19, 2009
OrderBay:

I run a business on-line www.orderbay.com

There are other businesses in Nigeria offering similar services, however OrderBay's
focuses on excellent customer service and timely delivery and this has distinguished us from the competition.

The beauty of an on-line business is the ability to run the business from anywhere at any time, AFTER
some stuctures and processes have ben put in place of course.

Naijaecash, how can we advertise on your web site ? The articles are interesting.

@orderbay
I sincerely apologize for not responding on time. I've been visiting Nairaland all this while, but forgot to subscribe to this thread, so I didn't see your request on time.

You can send information on the kind of advert you want via the contact form on my site Nigerian Entrepreneur Contact Me
Cheers.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by anicam(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2009
Kudos to you Guys. So interesting that we have netpreneurs in this country. I'm Glad and very Happy for all of us.

Running an online business is real, just as real as doing a business in a local shop but all it calls for is understanding.
To my own understanding, online business is not a ONE DAY JOB unless you get into the train of GET RICH QUICK ( your success here is not guaranteed).
U run an adsense coated site, i am glad to my success, though not much but among Nigerians that exceed the withdrawal limit on Google, it happens to be my first money i will be receiving from my online business but am quite sure that success is one step forward.
Re: Ever Run An Online Business? by webcash(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2011
[center]How to Buy cheap Laptops in Nigeria[/center]

Hi,
Did you know that you could start a laptop sales business in Nigeria for less than N5000 and make nothing less than 100k monthly? Have you ever thought starting a business but find it hard because of capital?
Meji Tech., brings to you the secrets of laptop business in Nigeria; how to start up with as low as 5k. Also get supporting docs on marketing tips.

Details here: http://cheaplaptopsalesbiz..com

(1) (Reply)

Www.websmsalerts.com?please Review / UK, US Non Hosted Adsense For Sale / Whatsapp Group For Premium Wordpress Plugins And Themes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.