Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards (1132 Views)

Latest Cheapest Call Tarrif Plan & Migration For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / MTN Bans Illegally Pre-registered SIMS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by gidimasters(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2015
Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) is the body that regulates the activities of telecommunication and network providers in Nigeria
In August 7, 2015 NCC gave all GSM operators in Nigeria a seven day ultimatum to deactivate all pre-registered SIM Cards and those that weren't registered completely.This instruction was given just after a day that Nigeria recorded the highest number of internet users in the country which is about 88 million users.
The new Chief Executive of the Nigerian Communication Commission Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta is not smiling at all and he has sworn to bring transparency dignity in the Nigerian telecom industry.
Etisalatand Glo, having failed to deactivate unregistered SIM Cards (Subscribers Identity Module), or sort out unverified biometrics, has been fined N14.4 million and they were given timeframe for the payment which is September 7. This N14.4 million is going to be paid between the two telecom operators. Etisalat will pay N7 million while Glowill pay N7.4 million and failure to pay this fine before the stipulated deadline day which is September 7th will attract a daily fine of N100,000.
At the moment, many Etisalat and Glo sim cards are being deactivated and more are going to be deactivated.
Is your sim cards completely registered? Are you receiving messages from your network provider to go and register your SIM? Kindly check well before yours is blocked like others.

http://www.gidimasters.com/2015/09/ncc-has-fined-glo-and-etisalat-n144.html

dragnet
honsule
puskin
Gidimasters
Lalasticlala
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Sike(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ncc is mardddd
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by hola106(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
Rubbish
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Starships4u(m): 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
I'll soon institute a legal case if my Etisalat line gets bared.... Seems because no one charged MTN nd AIRTEL to court the wanna try nonsense.??
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2015
Ncc another Fraudulent agency
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Nuezha(m): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2015
Great. All these kidnappers and fraudsters can now be handpicked like SNAILS!

Nigeria shall be great again.
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2015
The record keeping system of this country is not too good.

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
If you una make una deactivate my mtn, glo and airtel but make una no play enter my Etisalat line. Warning
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by udemzyudex(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2015
I wonder what Buhari is waiting for, he should scrap this NCC or replace them and probe them, since that's what he knows how to do best.
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Haywhymido(m): 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2015
Which sept 7 Dis 2moro own or na dat one of 2016. Keep kidding urself. When u mean business let us knw
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by daamazing(m): 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2015
mtch eww ...mumu ncc,na sis kin tin na I'm dey dey show dier power.when Mtn they theif person money dem no show face,when airtel dey double bill untop data,dey no even show face for window..now bcus of small registering ish, em start to
dey
ask
for
fine...
(ncc-no common (c)sense)..
off ma own Mtn sim if u too no go pay 7milla.
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by Haben1: 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
this is our money NCC, leave the demn ETISALAT alone oooooOh, nah xo unah go dey chop our money INDIRECTLY from network, thief
Re: NCC Has Fined Glo And Etisalat For Not Deactivating Pre-registered Sim Cards by callydon(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
hmmmmm... jst watching shaaaaa.

(1) (Reply)

4 Nokia World Records That Will Shock You / Z30 Vs Infinix Hero! / Glo Subscribers Come To My Aid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.