Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,448 members, 7,846,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. (612 Views)

Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds / FALLACIOUS REASONING AND IRRATIONAL ACTION. / 501 Logical Reasoning And Answers for Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. by chrishenzo: 5:09am On Apr 05, 2009
Hello everyone, I would like us to challenge/taste our thinking ability/IQ by asking ourselves questions. Here is the rule,
1. Before you post a question, please be sure to log in every day to see if someone has gotten the answer, and don't forget to confirm(YES or No) to any answer posted.
2. After seven days( to allow us think properly/research well), and no one seems to get the correct answer, the poster will say the correct answer.
3. Please do not post another question until the previous question has been answered.

I believe we shall adhere to the rules. Don't forget that you are matured. Please don't act immature.
Anyway here comes my questions:-

A monk was walking in the monastery garden during a period of meditation. He encountered another monk, who was smoking as he walked slowly along the path.
"Did you get permission to smoke during mediation?" asked the first monk.
"Yes, I was given permission."
"But I asked if I could smoke during meditation and was turned down."

Question:- Why did the first monk turned down and the second monk permitted to smoke during meditation?
Re: Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. by donjon: 11:48pm On Apr 05, 2009
Post d answer, na?
Re: Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. by Phony200(m): 3:53pm On Apr 06, 2009
Smoking during Mediation is permitted, smoking during MEDITATION is not .
Re: Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. by chrishenzo: 5:27am On Apr 07, 2009
Phony200:

Smoking during Mediation is permitted, smoking during MEDITATION is not .

No, that is not the correct answer. Try again.
Re: Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. by Blossom8: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2009
Simple! The first asked and was not given. The second took the permission to.
Re: Test Your Reasoning And Beat It If You Can. by biina: 6:11am On Apr 14, 2009
chrishenzo:

A monk was walking in the monastery garden during a period of meditation. He encountered another monk, who was smoking as he walked slowly along the path.
"Did you get permission to smoke during mediation?" asked the first monk.
"Yes, I was given permission."
"But I asked if I could smoke during meditation and was turned down."

Question:- Why did the first monk turned down and the second monk permitted to smoke during meditation?
The first monk asked if he could smoke during meditation, while the second asked if he could meditate during smoking.
Both monks wanted to smoke and meditate simultaneously, but the phrasing differed in what was emphasized.
The example is often used to illustrate that the presentation affects the results, even when the facts are same.

It is a silly question and doesn't challenge one's thinking IMO.

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Post_ume Question Info. / Futarians Identify Yourself Here. / I Need Too Connect With Someone In Esut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.