Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,104 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Streaming Vs Download - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Streaming Vs Download (943 Views)

9-12-17 Free Streaming & Downloading On Glo / Help Me...live Streaming HDMI Camcorder To Computer / Enjoy Unlimited , Un-interupted Streaming &download Using MTN Maxi Bundle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Streaming Vs Download by Dafone(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
streaming videos on youtube and downloading them..... which consumes more data ??
Re: Streaming Vs Download by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Is this even a question? Believe me, try streaming a movie and you would know what I am talking about
Re: Streaming Vs Download by guydangerous(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2015
Stream if you have unlimited broadband bandwidth or download if you have the not so unlimited data
Re: Streaming Vs Download by Greatzeus(m): 4:27am On Sep 08, 2015
Streaming is for developed world where what they pay for data is nothing to their income,besides it being unlimited.As a Nigeria after streaming and you need the video the next day,you will go and stream again right? with what data plan? after downloads you will have it for ever,give it to people.Example when i was serving 3yrs ago,i collected a lot of stuff from others that i still have on a drive today,also gave others stuff,that woudnt have been possible if all i do is stream.Except for certain occassions where its necessary,streaming to me is a waste of MB as a Naijarian cool
Re: Streaming Vs Download by Fulaman198(m): 10:38pm On Sep 08, 2015
It's roughly the same amount of data consumed

When you are streaming a video, your computer is requesting packet files from the server that hosts those videos. Each packet transferred over the wire to your computer is eventually what makes up your video.

So e.g. let's assume the video you are streaming is 100mb, A plethora (and I mean a huge amount of data will be processed). Packets known as MTUs will be sent at around 1500 bytes of data until the entire movie is streamed out. So to answer your question, downloading a file and streaming it makes no difference. The amount of data used is exactly the same. In many cases it's actually better to download it because what if you want to watch that exact same file more than once? If it is not stored in your cache, you will have to re-stream it.

The question you should be asking is the difference in streaming something at Low-Quality vs. streaming it in Mid, High or Very High Quality (i.e. 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p, 4K, etc.) The higher quality of the video, the more data you will consume when attempting to stream or download it.
Re: Streaming Vs Download by mrZENographer: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2015
There is more risk in Downloading a file than streaming them.
Re: Streaming Vs Download by Fulaman198(m): 4:23am On Sep 11, 2015
mrZENographer:
There is more risk in Downloading a file than streaming them.

Not from YouTube

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Get Original 32gb Flash Drive In Lagos / Very Clean American Used Dell Inspiron 3000 Laptop 4gig 500hdd / Discount Deal From Bestbuy At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.