Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing (2891 Views)

What Do You Want To Know About Network Marketing?ask Me Anything And Be Nice Pls / 5 Nigerians Make Forbes ‘30 Under 30’ List  / Your Plan B Source of Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
At some point in your life you’ve been pitched a multi-level marketing (MLM), direct selling, or network marketing business opportunity. While the pitch varies from company to company, it basically promises a chance to ditch your 9-5 work schedule, be your own boss, and make lots of money while making new friends in the process.

It all sounds good on paper, yet there is a seemingly endless debate over whether these companies and programs are legitimate business opportunities or not, so I dug in and got the real scoop. As a result, I believe that the entire industry is poised for explosive growth and can be one of the most significant solutions to America’s current retirement savings crisis.

Initially, that may sound like a bold statement, but it’s not if you understand retirement the way I do. The reality is, making a successful transition into retirement has more to do with psychology than with money… and the same may hold true for multi-level and network marketing.

Don’t get me wrong, money has a role in retirement, but it’s not the primary one every one gives it. Combine that concept with eye-opening statistics like AARP’s estimate that half of all baby boomers (76 million) are interested in starting a business and the makings of a massive trend are in place.

As far as the retirement saving crisis is concerned, more and more people are coming to terms with the fact that they probably aren’t going to be able to save enough money to just sit around and slowly deplete their nest egg from age 62 to 100. With the average 50 year-old estimated to have less than $50,000 in retirement savings, there is an obvious need to find alternative ways to either save more or generate supplemental income starting now, and continuing throughout retirement. Moving beyond just the dollars and cents, boomers are growing tired of feeling guilty or bad about their past savings habits and are interested in moving towards possible solutions.

Another growing reality that could benefit MLM and related businesses is the increasing number of baby boomers who are disenchanted with their current careers. They’re worn-out from years of the corporate grind and don’t feel the connection between their job and the people it impacts outside their office walls or company grounds. They’re shifting their focus from accumulating a giant nest egg to a desire to be part of something bigger and better… to have a positive effect on others… and working in retirement. Facets of life that can be fulfilled with specific types of products and service available through some MLM or Direct selling opportunities.

MLM and direct selling programs also offer very low barriers into entrepreneurship, often providing training, support, and ample encouragement along the way. As retirees begin to realize they need activities that keep them busy, relevant, in good health, and connected to others, the time, energy and cost to participate in these kinds of companies make them very appealing to large segments of the population caught up in these dynamics.

This is not a ringing endorsement for the entire industry. Like any investment of time, money, and energy, people need to be aware of what they are getting into and do their homework. That’s the primary reasons I began researching the topic by reaching out to regular everyday people involved in these types of businesses and who were willing to skip the hype and offer a transparent view of the programs and give their opinions as to whether this can be a realistic source of retirement income.

I initially spoke to a retired friend who said she joined a health and beauty direct selling company as a means of meeting new people. She had recently remarried and moved to a new location, so she combined the practice of meeting new people with making extra money. After almost a decade in the business, she’s built a small niche business with family and friends despite switching to from one company to another competitor after three years.

She admits she doesn’t attend all of the company’s local meetings and goal-setting sessions because she’s not interested in becoming a top producer. She just likes to use the business activity to keep busy (particularly in the winter) and use the extra money she earns to travel and spoil the grand kids.

Having studied the psychology and behavior of boomers, this example represents a major shift in my thinking about the industry. I no longer perceive these types of opportunities as money-making pyramid schemes. Instead, I now see it as a way to enhance many of the personal aspects of retirement that are rarely discussed let alone planned for, with the added benefit of supplementing other popular retirement income sources such as pension and social security.

Daria M. Brezinski Ph.D, a practicing psychologist and former marketing director for a multi-level marketing magazine, echoes these sentiments. “Many people don’t realize that multi-level marketing companies are successful because they help people satisfy a number of important human needs, including feeling significant, having connections, learning something new, and making a difference. I have heard people in network marketing say again and again, ‘I’m doing this because I’m meeting amazing people … making so many connections … and I feel so good about myself.’”

Dr. Brezinski’s point is well taken and easy to see practiced by popular network marketing companies. Many MLM and NM companies tout a three-to-five year plan to attain freedom and wealth, yet many of the people running company meetings have been in the business for five or ten years and still haven’t left their full-time job or landed on easy street. “As it turns out,” Dr. Brezinski notes, “when other human needs are being met, the members and consultants don’t focus solely on the financial aspects.”

Continuing my interviews, I challenged three others who are in the business to be straightforward, and prove to me that the process really works. What I found was good, consistent business advice applicable to any new business.

Lorene Hochstetler, from Ohio, recommends keeping your current job while slowly making the transition into MLM. She’s been able to replace her full-time income but explains, “It didn’t happen overnight, and I still work every day. I am very disciplined with my business and wake up every day knowing what I have to do in order to succeed at this. You have to treat it like a business and be willing to follow advice from others who have made it.”

SOURCE:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlaura/2014/08/29/would-you-join-a-multi-level-marketing-company-for-retirement-income/

1 Like

Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by absoluteSuccess: 12:00am On Sep 08, 2015
Mr. lalasticlala, I think this is possitive enough. Its sourced from foreign media o. Kindly put to homepage thanks.
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
Mr. lalasticlala, I think this is possitive enough. Its sourced from foreign media o. Kindly put to homepage thanks.

@ absolute Success, I noticed that stuff like this never makes front page. Thanks for trying anyway!
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by absoluteSuccess: 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
engrbrume:

@ absolute Success, I noticed that stuff like this never makes front page. Thanks for trying anyway!
Thats true, never build your hope on chances determined by another man if you dont want to be surprised.
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
You can email me at brume.odufa@flp.com if you would like to know what it really takes to succeed in Network Marketing. have a nice week people!
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by maestroz: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2015
you can as well take advantage of this tip to promote your sales online

visit http://incomeleak.com/c-m
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by donpy(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2015
Never before has Mankind ever witnessed an article like this on network marketing lets be frank with ourselves with this fact, please if you dont think any of this 2points are right, you can ignore dis article and stop reading it.
1. For every person who joins a network marketing company and doesnt earn the for told incentives and commissions during the seminar or business presentation the individual would become a Negative to the industry(note:not the company).

2. If you join a company, you brought in a few persons to your team(e.g. 20pple). If anything goes wrong with the company in the future and you moved to another company to start up again, you cannot go back to those 20pple and they would all listen to you and join you. WHY? Because they have lost trust in you.

Anyone coming to see your presentation or seminar is basically because you have built trust between each other.
With this two points cleared out you would agree with me that the network marketing company you join can either make you or break you. This inspired me to embark on this article because i found out that when you attend Organo gold's business presentation for instance, then go and attend that of Helping hands they would tell you that "organo golds member are all here now in helping hand", if you move on to Vemma you would hear "Helping hands memebers are now here in vemma". Same thing if you get to Foreva living, Trevo, Oriflame, Edmark etc... This means that Nigerians do not know the indepth part of each companies compensation plan before joining. All they know is bring this and this and they push you up and Gbam!!! You are made for life.
I tell people that greatness doesnt just come, its little right things worked on over time.

In this article you would see what you where not told in the seminar presentation of that company. In another article i would talk about the product of each of this network marketing companies.....

Continue reading
http://bestmlmnigeria..com.ng/2015/09/comparative-illustration-on-mlm-network.html?m=1
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
engrbrume could you please Summarize?
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 8:57am On Sep 15, 2015
engrkenny:
engrbrume could you please Summarize?

Read the article! Why do you want me to summarize for you?
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by donpy(m): 9:04am On Sep 16, 2015
Please guys almost all information about network marketing can be gottn online for free. Dont let anybody deceive you to pay for any article.
My blog alone contains all you need to know about
Forever living
Trevo
Organo Gold
Vemma
Aims Global
Helping hands
GNLD
http://bestmlmnigeria..com/2015/09/comparative-illustration-on-mlm-network.html

You can aslo visit comireokafor.com...he also has good articles on how to grow a good network team too
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by tforever(m): 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
donpy:
Never before has Mankind ever witnessed an article like this on network marketing lets be frank with ourselves with this fact, please if you dont think any of this 2points are right, you can ignore dis article and stop reading it.
1. For every person who joins a network marketing company and doesnt earn the for told incentives and commissions during the seminar or business presentation the individual would become a Negative to the industry(note:not the company).

2. If you join a company, you brought in a few persons to your team(e.g. 20pple). If anything goes wrong with the company in the future and you moved to another company to start up again, you cannot go back to those 20pple and they would all listen to you and join you. WHY? Because they have lost trust in you.

Anyone coming to see your presentation or seminar is basically because you have built trust between each other.
With this two points cleared out you would agree with me that the network marketing company you join can either make you or break you. This inspired me to embark on this article because i found out that when you attend Organo gold's business presentation for instance, then go and attend that of Helping hands they would tell you that "organo golds member are all here now in helping hand", if you move on to Vemma you would hear "Helping hands memebers are now here in vemma". Same thing if you get to Foreva living, Trevo, Oriflame, Edmark etc... This means that Nigerians do not know the indepth part of each companies compensation plan before joining. All they know is bring this and this and they push you up and Gbam!!! You are made for life.
I tell people that greatness doesnt just come, its little right things worked on over time.

In this article you would see what you where not told in the seminar presentation of that company. In another article i would talk about the product of each of this network marketing companies.....

Continue reading
http://bestmlmnigeria..com.ng/2015/09/comparative-illustration-on-mlm-network.html?m=1
well flp is number 2 in the world and number 1 in Africa...no rival..great products nice business plan quality self development programs..simply number one.
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by donpy(m): 6:13am On Sep 17, 2015
@tforeva...did i said flp is not no 2 in d world, did i give any wrong point about flp, i only gave an indepth of the compensation plan. Please read well before you comment.
Thanks
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by Vanije: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2015
donpy:
Please guys almost all information about network marketing can be gottn online for free. Dont let anybody deceive you to pay for any article.
My blog alone contains all you need to know about
Forever living
Trevo
Organo Gold
Vemma
Aims Global
Helping hands
GNLD
http://bestmlmnigeria..com/2015/09/comparative-illustration-on-mlm-network.html

You can aslo visit comireokafor.com...he also has good articles on how to grow a good network team too
Hi, have you heard about the latest one that came in new to Nigeria, they have curative products registered with NAFDAC and they don't do autoship or compulsory monthly purchase, weekly payment, binary system.
The company actually came into Nigeria from Russia & are
looking for ambassadors/representatives in different Nigerian
states. They belong to the World Economic Forum.

If you're interested in partnership, you can send a mail to
trrendyhealthworld@gmail.com
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by Bengol: 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
tforever:
well flp is number 2 in the world and number 1 in Africa...no rival..great products nice business plan quality self development programs..simply number one.
...yes and they use the best network marketing model out of the other models .it gives u unlimited earning potentials the others limit your earnings and crash over time because the company may not be able to sustain and pay those below their pyramid ..forever doesn't have anything like that ,it eliminates every potential of a pyramid occurring..it's the effort u put in you get,everybody has to do their own part in the business that's why I recommend it as the best mlm company u can get involved in and the products are superb and have done miracles in people's life and the marketing plan is distributor friendly and pays more money to the distributors than any other mlm companies in Nigeria and more ways to earn incomes and better incentives

1 Like

Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
donpy:
@tforeva...did i said flp is not no 2 in d world, did i give any wrong point about flp, i only gave an indepth of the compensation plan. Please read well before you comment.
Thanks

@ donpy I read your article. it's a great disservice to the network marketing industry to make other companies look bad, just to sell yours. A lot of people have built networks successfully without 'badmouthing' other companies.This was an old school technique, and it's the reason why many people hate network marketing today. The new generation of professional Network Marketers agree that if we educate people about network marketing as an industry, then we'd have a larger audience! Which means more business.

...and for your info, I'm in Forever. I've built a Network spanning 5 states in Nigeria and US/UK. I've compared my bonuses with my friends in other companies. Your information is grossly misleading.I can bet my right big toe that your article has not helped your business grow! Who really wants the cure for all diseases in one bottle anyway?
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by donpy(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
engrbrume:

@ donpy I read your article. it's a great disservice to the network marketing industry to make other companies look bad, just to sell yours. A lot of people have built networks successfully without 'badmouthing' other companies.This was an old school technique, and it's the reason why many people hate network marketing today. The new generation of professional Network Marketers agree that if we educate people about network marketing as an industry, then we'd have a larger audience! Which means more business.

...and for your info, I'm in Forever. I've built a Network spanning 5 states in Nigeria and US/UK. I've compared my bonuses with my friends in other companies. Your information is grossly misleading.I can bet my right big toe that your article has not helped your business grow! Who really wants the cure for all diseases in one bottle anyway?
Refer to d blog if u think any statement made there was wrong. For your information also i have a team dat generates over $3000 monthly so i ddnt write the article to Cus i want to meet ends need. If the mlm industry must progress in Nigeria we have to hurt some bad companies. Only if you know how prospect feels when they are promised incentives and commisions, and they dont get to know the indept of what it takes to earn all.
Tw of my friends started a company(name withheld) some years back in 2012/2013...each year they promise all dere registed members that the company would come from abroad to launch the biz...buh dey neva will...wen we meet all i do is pity dia registered members who are compelled to buy large qty monthly and little incentivs/bonus are paid to them while these guys takes home millions monthly.
I made everyone understand the indepth of every company compensation plan.
Thanks
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by absoluteSuccess: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
There should be no sacred cow, you can be convincing your own peers to sign up and toil for some set of foreigners in the name of mlm that leave your peers wretched while some scammers in white skins come only to disappear with capital flight in their wake, with their nigerian accomplices saying 'thank god i'm able to make my money back'. Share your payment plans here and let people be free to choose the fairest compensation plan.
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 12:29am On Sep 19, 2015
donpy:

Refer to d blog if u think any statement made there was wrong. For your information also i have a team dat generates over $3000 monthly so i ddnt write the article to Cus i want to meet ends need. If the mlm industry must progress in Nigeria we have to hurt some bad companies. Only if you know how prospect feels when they are promised incentives and commisions, and they dont get to know the indept of what it takes to earn all.
Tw of my friends started a company(name withheld) some years back in 2012/2013...each year they promise all dere registed members that the company would come from abroad to launch the biz...buh dey neva will...wen we meet all i do is pity dia registered members who are compelled to buy large qty monthly and little incentivs/bonus are paid to them while these guys takes home millions monthly.
I made everyone understand the indepth of every company compensation plan.
Thanks

I read every word of your blog.Your analysis of the FLP compensation plan was totally wrong! Why did you not list the disadvantages of Trevo like you did for the other companies? What makes a company bad in your opinion? Remember that most presentations are organized by independent distributors, who often make some bogus claims.

This is a review written by a blogger with a reputation http://casmireokafor.com/forever-living/

This is good for our industry. is he poorer? NO!
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by donpy(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2015
engrbrume:

I read every word of your blog.Your analysis of the FLP compensation plan was totally wrong! Why did you not list the disadvantages of Trevo like you did for the other companies? What makes a company bad in your opinion? Remember that most presentations are organized by independent distributors, who often make some bogus claims.

This is a review written by a blogger with a reputation http://casmireokafor.com/forever-living/

This is good for our industry. is he poorer? NO!
Of course i did listed the disadvantages. If you read it well u'ld see the disadvantages i listed.
Cosmire okafor released the article when everyone tot flp is dead in NIgeria. I neva said any company was dead or that you shloudnt join any. I only gave indepth explanation of what it takes.
Thanks
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by fetrillion(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
job vacancy for the post of a stock keeper at A.A aderibigbe frozen food iragbi,Ada road road,osogbo osun state..interested candidate that stays around the aboved location should call 08100578790,07039587271
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by engrbrume(m): 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
fetrillion:
job vacancy for the post of a stock keeper at A.A aderibigbe frozen food iragbi,Ada road road,osogbo osun state..interested candidate that stays around the aboved location should call 08100578790,07039587271

lol
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by mohajenny: 11:36am On Oct 20, 2015
Hello
i am miss Jenny i am looking for friendship
please contact me now so you can know more
about me with my pics
jernnifermohamed@gmail.com
Re: Unemployed? Looking for a Plan B? See what Forbes thinks about Network Marketing by Vanije: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
For Info about the Latest MLM company/Biz in Nigeria and Partnership Details, contact +23480680455223

(1) (Reply)

Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" / Enquiries And Lectures For May 2024 ICAN Diet / Surrogates Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.