Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School (40649 Views)

7 Emerging Tech Jobs That Are Going To Pay Well In 2019 / Pls Help, Am Begining To Regret Ever Giving Out 6yrs Of My Life To Education / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by mikolo80: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:

Hahaha...honestly even d yahoo boy wu left some remote village to come hustle in lagos is building a huz in d island and riding on an expensive car why d 1st class graduate is roaming d strt of lagos looking for a 90k job to survive. What an insult to education.
wetin education do you. na im fault say una no gree apply unasef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
And I keep saying it,

After O'Level, my children will learn a vocation of passion alongside a first degree.

That is, the vocation must be topmost priority... The degree will be 'to go school' and if anything pops from it.

I'd rather have them be full time farmers with mega bucks.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by mikolo80: 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2015
gommex:
Getting a job in naija is jus so tough n stressful
says Who. not if you only want to work in she'll and chevron
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by jaybee3(m): 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Thanks for the above comment bro. But I have to disagree with some points there. Actually, education isn't overrated; it's our perception about it that is overrated and wrong. Education goes well beyond academics, the Fourier Series and the almost useless Calculus. LOL!

Fourier series and calculus aren't useless thank you very much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ayo25:
The fact that there are millions of graduate roaming the streets in search for a job is hardly a consolation for anyone who have not gone to school, no matter the amount of wealth he posseses, if you know what education means. That your so called rich illiterate friend will always carry with him anywhere he goes some sort of 'emptiness' in him, which no amount of wealth can fill. Education is an end in itself.
I beg to differ sir. Education is not an end. You might want to explain the bolded statement.

If you have real money you won't feel no emptiness. undecided
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
jaybee3:

Fourier series and calculus aren't useless thank you very much

Just get the message, bro. Meanwhile, thanks.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by jaybee3(m): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
tobimillar:

I don't subscribe to giving excuses for failure...but then I ask do you need a degree to change your outlook about life?

The truth is nobody can ever and I mean EVER become TRUELY rich by working for someone or a company. The best one can be is a managing director in that company and then retirement comes.

To be truly rich, one need to own a company, like everybody is preaching these days, start small...but do you need a degree or master degree to start small? that is the pertinent question...our brothers who are importing and exporting, who own several business at idumota, onitsha, aba, Alaba etc don't even have any certificate...and at the end of the day they employ that graduate who spent almost 5years in school.

Come to think of it, the money some people spend for one year in school (school fees, handouts, lecture materials etc) is enough to start that business not to talk of the money people spend for a five year program?

What you smoking bro?

So the CEO's on wall street aren't rich?

The former CEO of Google Eric Shmidt with a net worth of approximately $10B has always been an employee

I have friends (young guys) that earn over 30M naira per annum as an employee in that same Nigeria of yours

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2015
any G.boy/yahoo yahoo + here pm me abeg
lemme start early b4 i grad oooo

4 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
jaybee3:

What you smoking bro?

So the CEO's on wall street aren't rich?

The former CEO of Google Eric Shmidt with a net worth of approximately $10B has always been an employee

I have friends (young guys) that earn over 30M naira per annum as an employee in that same Nigeria of yours
30m per annum compared 2 by finger warriors 30m per week/month
which pays more

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by haryomikun(m): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
DJ haywire is about to burst your speakers again with the mixx master, DJ haywire. This is a mix of the latest 9ja music and is considerably smaller in megabytes size compared to the last edition mix....
Below is the tracklist

1.Krept and Konan ft. Jeremih x Wizkid x Davido x Ice Prince x Fuse ODG - Freak Of The Week
2.Wande_Coal_-_My_Favorite
3.Patoranking Ft. Wande Coal - My Woman, My Everything
4.Wizkid - Expensive Shi.t
5.Sheyman - Kokan Aye
6.Hennessy Ft 2face & Wizkid - DanceGo (Eau de vie)
7.DJ Xclusive Ft. Davido - Wo Le |
8.DJ Xclusive Ft. CDQ & Lil Kesh - Dami Si
9.Tekno - Anything
10.DAVIDO ft UHURU + DJ BUCKZ - THE SOUND
11.Uhuru ft Wizkid - Duze
12.MC Galaxy - Komolop Cholop
13.Runtown Ft Uhuru - The Banger
14.Jefak x Nedo ft. Stringz - Koko Below
15.Wande Coal Ashimapeyin
16.Vector - Shiga ft Tools
17.Daboy - Bolenbe_prod_by_Antras
18.Orezi - Shuperu Remix ft Davido
19.Reminisce - SKiLASHii
20.Omo Akin - Ijo Oloti Remix ft. Skales
21.Olamide - BOBO
22.Phyno X Olamide Ft Lil'Kesh - Ladi
23.Sexy Steel - SISI
24.Mo'Blow - Wiggle Ft. May D
25.LIL KESH FT Viktoh - Efejoku
26.Kiss Daniel - Laye
27.Timaya Some More
28.DJ Spinall ft. Timaya - Excuse Me
29.Terry G ft. Wizkid, Phyno & Runtown - Knack Am
30.Masterkraft ft. CDQ, Olamide & Davido - Indomie (Remix)
31.Lil Kesh - Gbese

This mix will get you dancing when you least expect it to and even give hustlers more inspiration when hustling *winks*
Click the download button and get ready to groove guys!

The download link is http://Datafilehost.com/d/dfd4bf61
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by JoelXclusive: 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

A fraudster has a brighter future? what is a bright future? A fraudster can never have a bright future because sooner or later he will be behind bars but a Graduate with prayer , determination and perseverance those times of trekking in the baking weather from one interview to another will be in the past when he finally secures that job and will be driving a fully air conditioned car. So tell me who has a brighter future now?
Oga! To me na yahoo boy get bright future pass !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by jaybee3(m): 1:13pm On Sep 09, 2015
dearpreye:

Just get the message, bro. Meanwhile, thanks.

Message received but rejected and thrown out simply because the Fourier series you called useless is probably one of the important theorem used in wave/acoustic technology (Digital filtering).

I remember using codecs back in the day to design something that had to do with time division multiplexers

Don't even get me started with calculus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by feeloscar(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
JefLonDon:
OP no lie U no get First Class or 2:1

I sure say na 3rd class u get

Na people like u dey make skul tire person to go
Shut the Bleep up. Do you know how many 2nd class upper graduates that are roaming the streets? If you do not have anything meaningful to contribute you had better keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

Sorry for quoting this whole post
@ Op, right here in ph I have heard of guys picked up from the street and a particular electrical rewire guy who earns above 150k @ saipem (construction section) me wey be graduate self survive on only stipend from my uncle every month. #life
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by jaybee3(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
Emzyme:

30m per annum compared 2 by finger warriors 30m per week/month
which pays more

30M per annum is upper class
Probably the top 5% earners in the country so there you go
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
jaybee3:

Message received but rejected and thrown out simply because the Fourier series you called useless is probably one of the important theorem used in wave/acoustic technology (Digital filtering).

I remember using codecs back in the day to design something that had to do with time division multiplexers

Don't even get me started with calculus

I'll edit.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Ayo25: 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
I beg to differ sir. Education is not an end. You might want to explain the bolded statement.

If you have real money you won't feel no emptiness. undecided
You do not have to agree with me.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
embarassed
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by ronald4lif(m): 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
Ayo25:
The fact that there are millions of graduate roaming the streets in search for a job is hardly a consolation for anyone who have not gone to school, no matter the amount of wealth he posseses, if you know what education means. That your so called rich illiterate friend will always carry with him anywhere he goes some sort of 'emptiness' in him, which no amount of wealth can fill. Education is an end in itself.

May I also remind you that conventional degrees and citadel of learning is not the only medium to acquire education? Whilst degree and school is important and a must have, it's not the only ladder to obtain intelligence and education. Someone might not have a university degree but better sound minded than one with degrees. Therefore for such people who are successful and rich in their businesses, they won't bulge about never having a degree. You'd be surprised to the level of intelligence they display when you engage them.

Like someone has said, go to school, acquire as many degree as you can but never think that your degree can take you to extraordinary places. It takes more than a piece of credentials to attain top heights. Just go to school to develop and equip yourself to face difficult challenges of life. Not to hammer. But if it ends up well, then good for you.

Also, salary earners hardly make speedy progression like their self employed counter-part and anyone can be self employed, degree or not.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Lawsimon(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
vilight:
the hardest thing in life is learning to stop comparing ourselves to others. if u can do this congratz because u have just closed the door to sorrow, regret and many other negative emotion
our path in life are different, our destiny, hope and dream can be linked to us only.
Respect #doff my hat# for this your contribution. Above all, the op only went to school to acquire certificate.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by johnsonjosbles(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Alvanify:
I know how you feel brother, what you just lamented is reality.
This is a country where even yahoo boy has a brighter future than a graduate.
Check it.
many people crtificate has even expired.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Obiwiz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Message to all students na to dey learn a trade simultaneously. But many university undergraduates in Nigeria are too narrow-minded that they can't look at life beyond their certificates. End result? They leave school with little or zero preparation for the real world and thus most become misfits.
Truth is, in Nigeria, anything other than mbbs, pharmacy, nursing or law, then I'd say u should make sure it's a first class(so you can put food on ur table, not necessarily to earn megabucks). Anything less than that, learn a trade simultaneously. Life no be joke. Be double prepared.

3 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by livinbygrace: 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

A fraudster has a brighter future? what is a bright future? A fraudster can never have a bright future because sooner or later he will be behind bars but a Graduate with prayer , determination and perseverance those times of trekking in the baking weather from one interview to another will be in the past when he finally secures that job and will be driving a fully air conditioned car. So tell me who has a brighter future now?

What of the Nigerian Politicians,are they not fraudsters?Go ask of Fayoshe Londoner in the early 90s,Tinubu of chicago in the 80s,Kashamu Buruji and co,then you will know whatsup.You talk of perseverance in Nigeria ,where u have nobody or any connection.Unitil you get to 40yrs and all the available jobs re requesting for a 25yr old applicant with 10yrs working experience.I knew of a popular yahoo boy in early 2000s,today is a chairman of a local government.No worry stay there,dey carry file up and down ,ur eye go soon clear.

1 Like

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by dancoolD(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
My brother only advice i can offer is that you go and buy these motivational books that wil put money in you porket. RICH DAD POOR DAD & THINK AND GROW RICH, just go and get those book and you wil feel releaved.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by stanvesco(m): 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
menix:

What if d light frm the other end of the tunnel is that of a train?

D last time I checked my dear,tunnels have side walk....._ get d fvck off d. Rail, and keep walking ahead...bkos dirs always a light at d end of eevry tunnel
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2015
dearpreye:

A billion dollar mindset! These are the words we must drum into the consciousness of the younger folks.
Exactly sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by phonesNgadgets: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
vfactor:
University education is over rated, especially when u don't study any practical or professional course like engineering, law and medicine (not all engineering courses apply sef). With a good/sound basic education (primary and secondary) and profitable trade, one can survive and live well.
Yeah bro, yeah. True talk.
Keep calm, I'm a barber, interior designer, plumber and businessman cheesy
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by DoTheNeedful: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
JefLonDon:
OP no lie U no get First Class or 2:1

I sure say na 3rd class u get

Na people like u dey make skul tire person to go
You sound like a kid. What is special in making the bolded.I believe you are either a student or corper that think the big companies of this world will come begging you to work for the because you finish with a first or 2:1 undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Exactly sir.

I'll like to drink from that awesome well of yours. You've got something that resonates with me.
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by charlesbailey(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2015
That's the reason its always advisable to learn a trade even while schooling... spent a year during my i.t working in a bank, those with the largest deposits are mostly self-employed business moguls with very little level of education. Learn a trade plus school.. thank me later
Re: Sometimes I Want To Regret Going To School by stanvesco(m): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
forix4u:
Sometimes I want to regret going to school because arguably I still fail to see the reasons or benefits of going to school. Yesterday a friend of mine whose parents took him to learn electrical on cars after primary school, went to withdraw 1.5m to purchase a jeep. His story building is near completion, married and blessed with 2 wonderful kids. We all know what it takes to have a story building in Lagos. This my friend barely reads a simple sentence.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not envious of him rather I'm happy but today, I'd to take a seat and remembered how he convinced me to join him in learning this same handiwork that has made him the prospective landlord and car owner that he's today while I chose to go to school to acquire a certificate only to have graduated and served fathers land without a job to even make boast of. I also have some friends who dropped after secondary school, today they are all married and living good...

It's kinda annoying and I don't know if to say regrettable for going to school because it has not even paid off. The annoying aspect self is most jobs today can't even foot one's expenses and bills due to the hash economy and almost every job you get today is contract base, so one begins to think what is the purpose of spending several years reading without any tangible benefit awaiting stresslessly.

A friend once told me dat; sly before u finish medical skool ,I would have finish edlearning my work and made millions y u r still a student........

I laughed and told him, my dear I don't have to finish skool before I start making money.....

Haahahahha and I made tonnes of cash as a student....

Op ma advice, get dis book, WHY A STUDENT WORK FOR C STUDENT AND B STUDENT WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT

Its an eye opener.......

U will understand why wat happened to u is happening....

But I tell u.....NOTHING BETTERS A MAN LIKE THE FOUR WALLS OF A SCHOOL.... Ceo stanvesco group of companies

Remenber not everyone attending four walls of a school come out EDUCATED.....

I have seen a mass comm students who suck at writting letters,press release, articles etc

I have seen an electrical engineer who can't fix a bad light bulb

I have seen a vet doctor who don't no athing about raising poultry birds

I have seen a doctor who's dumb at work

I have seen an educationist who's shaky infront of d board....

NEED I GO ON?

I will suggest u start working on ur mindset, and skill......
And drop d concept of becoming an employee and imbibe dat of an EMPLOYER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

N-Power: FG To ‘Disengage’ Over 200,000 Beneficiaries / How To Write EFCC Application Letter / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.