Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,582 members, 7,850,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Mother Or Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Or Wife? (933 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Who Comes First, Your Mother Or Your Wife? / Your Husband Or Wife's Best Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Or Wife? by colabiz: 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2009
Who, between mother and wife should one love and respect most and should a man call her wife mama, i mean mummy in response to his wife calling him daddy.?
Re: Mother Or Wife? by farotika(m): 11:13am On Apr 08, 2009
@post

I will say a man must have great respect for both his wife and mother.

Notwithstanding, your wife must be the most important person in your life after God. You must love her the way you'll love and respect yourself cos she's part of you and not just a part but a better part of you.

Also note, that your mother is just a mother to you while your wife is more than that. She's suppose to be your mother, best friend, sister, lover, helper, councellor and what not. Even the Bible commands that a man must love his wife just as Christ love the church and gave Himself for her Eph 5:25-33.

As for calling your wife mummy; I don't see anything wrong with that. Is she not suppose to be your mum in the first place? I call my wife different names, mummy inclusive cool

I love that woman die kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mother Or Wife? by iice(f): 11:17am On Apr 08, 2009
Respect and love who you respect and love.

Hell to da no, if my hubby call me that - he is just trying to get my gander up grin I fit manage baby grin
Re: Mother Or Wife? by sebila: 11:30am On Apr 08, 2009
Respect is due to both of them,,
but u shld b more respectful to ur mum than ur wife, cos if ur mum hv nt given birth to u hw will she marry u?,
she carried u for 9 month with pain and pleasure, u knew nothing then,
Now we re talking of respect, somebody is saying u shld respect ur wife more than ur mum,, ur mum need more than respect frm u,

peace
Re: Mother Or Wife? by farotika(m): 11:46am On Apr 09, 2009
sebila:

Respect is due to both of them,,
but u shld b more respectful to ur mum than ur wife, cos if ur mum hv nt given birth to u hw will she marry u?,
she carried u for 9 month with pain and pleasure, u knew nothing then,
Now we re talking of respect, somebody is saying u shld respect ur wife more than ur mum,, ur mum need more than respect frm u,

Bros, as much as I agree with you that your mum must be highly respected, i thing you should also know that your mum was not forced to carry your pregnancy for 9months. It her God given responsibility which she must perform with expecting any recompense from the child.

If you so much respect your mother giving birth to you and carrying you for good 9mths, what about your wife that'll carry your children in her tummy for several months and give birth to them Isn't she supposed to be respected by you too

I pray God to give you a good wife if you dont have one yet; then you'll understand what i'm saying. If you have a good wife, you have God's favour.

Chiao!!!

peace
Re: Mother Or Wife? by sebila: 11:57am On Apr 09, 2009
[b]our children in her tummy for several months and give birth to them Huh Isn't she supposed to be respected by you too[/b]

i did nt say u shld nt respect ur wife, cos she is d 1 who is going be wiv u 4 the rest of ur life,
d respect u will hv for ur mum will be totally diff frm ur mum, cos no matter wat she is still ur mum.
Re: Mother Or Wife? by ifyalways(f): 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2009
Respect both equally.Mum,daughter,wife,sister . . . .all deserves to be respected.
Re: Mother Or Wife? by temi4rea(f): 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
Both desreves respect and love!

And for wives being called mummy or mama, the husbands just wnt to be treated like a baby at that moment or generally thats the way he wants to feel.
Re: Mother Or Wife? by JJYOU: 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2009
the jury is out on this
Re: Mother Or Wife? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Topic.
Both of em' shld be respected.
Re: Mother Or Wife? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Topic.
Both of em' shld be respected.
Re: Mother Or Wife? by IFELEKE(m): 8:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Poster
Respect you Mother because she brought you to the world and Respect your Wife because if you don't, she might drive you out of the world!
Re: Mother Or Wife? by romsky: 12:15pm On Apr 20, 2009
Respect ur mother not only because God commanded it but if not for anything remema the poem ''MY MOTHER''
Respect ur wife cus she acted honorable s the incubator of ur babies and is ur pillar of support
Men will always be babies no matter the tough luk we present to the outer world
Re: Mother Or Wife? by izeek(m): 3:31pm On Apr 20, 2009
dude there is a different kinda respect for both ladies.
i will advise that u learn to apply the right kinda respect,
and when u start to see them both as mates ( iya-le, iyawo),
then u will certainly invite problems into your home.
Re: Mother Or Wife? by FBS: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2009
I think these 2 are very different people with different roles (similarities do occur). Aint nothing like mother or wife but Mother and Wife.
The love and respect you have for both of them should be completely different.

(1) (Reply)

Is She Pregnant. / Please Help Me. / Should I Stay Or Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.