Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,057 members, 7,838,683 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Desperate For Your Ideas/answers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Desperate For Your Ideas/answers (1078 Views)

Fashion Crafts... Best Gift Ideas To Make An Impression, Add Your Ideas Here!!! / I need your ideas on colour block / Are You In Lagos Right Now Please Read I'm Desperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Yets(f): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2009
Being in the Fashion industry has always been a dream i've always wanted to accomplish, I've always wanted to go into franchising but i knw im a little bit too young and have don't much experience for that so i have decided to start my own business, Thereby giving people what they want when they want it and at very affordable prices,

Now the problem is I'm not sure if this is a good idea as im 23 and i graduate this summer and i could get a 9-5 job dat wil pay well, but i have a passion for fashion and giving other young people like me who cannot travel abroad or just dont have the time to travel the opportunity to buy nice quality stuff, I left nigeria at 15 and i dont really have a lot of friends in nigeria, Do you think i wil make it in the industry

Pls i need ideas on what ladies and men desperately need in fashion, I have been told there is not a lot of choice in workwear for the "YOUNG AND SASSY" who work 9-5 in nigeria, The ones available are either over priced or not nice enuff,

FOR ME ITS ALL ABOUT GIVING PEOPLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A WIDE RANGE OF CHOICE AND BUY QUALITY STUFF AT AFFORDABLE PRICES

Thanks smiley
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Yets(f): 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
sad sad sadPLS DONT JUST READ N SIGN OUT, UR OPINION WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED, U CAN EVEN SAY WHATEVER COMES TO UR HEAD FIRST, I NEED ADVICE/ANSWERS,
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by spikedcylinder: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2009
Do you have access to a huge capital?
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Yets(f): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2009
thanks for ur reply, yes i could get access, depends on how much tho
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by spikedcylinder: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2009
You need a lot of money to start something decent over here. Every Tom, Dick and harry is already into "fashion" but to differentiate yourself, you have to stand out and thats going to cost you. Do you intend to make the clothes or you just want to be a retailer like everyone else?
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Yets(f): 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2009
i intend to go into retailing, i have my style and ideas which i cant put on here for obvious reasons, i have realised d only ways to suceeding in dis industry is if uniquess and making a difference, there is obviously a lot of competiton goin on, high street shops like warehouse topshop zara etc r all competin against each other, its all about ur marketing strategies, uniqueness, creativity, active listening, pr, patience, sincerity, having a positive attitude and motivation etc dat makes u stand out from d others,
I'll keep prayin about dis,
Thanks
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by spikedcylinder: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2009
I'd suggest you take your 9-5 job and test drive the fashion retailing thing to see if it works. Unless of course you have other sources of income.
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Pataki: 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2009
Yes you can make it big and big time in Nigeria. As for ideas, I have quite a few, but it would be foolish of me to spit them out here. undecided
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Yets(f): 12:13am On Apr 14, 2009
Pataki:

Yes you can make it big and big time in Nigeria. As for ideas, I have quite a few, but it would be foolish of me to spit them out here. undecided

thanks, would u be kind enuff to inbox me ur ideas grin grin grin kiss
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Pataki: 1:23am On Apr 14, 2009
Kindly send me an email to:
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Yets(f): 1:32am On Apr 14, 2009
thanks, just sent u a msg, hope u got it
Re: Desperate For Your Ideas/answers by Pataki: 1:37am On Apr 14, 2009
Yes I got it. Replied you now. Sorry I was busy with some other task at the moment.

(1) (Reply)

Are There Ways To Prevent Pimples Naturally? Pls Help / Why Hermes H Belt For Christmas Gift / MA WORK..... Check Out Dis Styles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.