Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

“I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy (1069 Views)

Sikiru Adepoju: Throwback Pictures Of A Two-time Grammy Award Winning Nigerian / Wizkid Has Been Nominated For A Grammy Award / Bolaji Ogunmola: I Am Blessed With Big Boobs, I Can’t Date A Poor Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by asumo12: 11:25am On Sep 09, 2015
Some of the most iconic musicians of our time have sold quite a large number of their works nationwide, same for international acts who have sold millions. This set has changed the face of music to fit the standard of the moment. However, most of them have never won the almighty Grammy Award. And there is little hope they would during their lifetime.

Unlike the local awards, Grammy is world acclaimed and when an act is lucky enough to be named a winner of Grammy, he is rated a superstar immediately.

But, with the turn the Grammy is taking now, even when a rookie act struggles to win it, it’s doubtful it will be something to cheer.

At home in Nigeria, Mavin Records boss, ‘The godfather’, Don Jazzy, is not looking the way of Grammy; of course, he has worked enough to earn himself the coveted Grammy crown. Speaking on Grammy Awards and manner many local stars of international repute have come to believe it is being ‘dashed’ out, Don Jazzy, in a chat monitored on NET, said he was moving at God’s speed and looking beyond winning Grammy because, “I don’t think I can even win a Grammy award”.

“I don’t think I am moving at my speed, I’m moving at God’s speed, so most times, the decisions that I make, when I look back, I just smile and say that’s how God wants it.”

Speaking further, he said “I’m doing perfect, I’m doing great, I don’t have big eyes, I don’t think I’ll ever win a Grammy, I’m not abusing myself but it’s just realistic. I don’t think Grammy is set up that way. It’s not set up in a way where you’ll just wake up from Nigeria and pick up a Grammy. If it happens, fine, but I’m not basing my success on winning a Grammy or any award for that matter.”

With a long list of stars, particularly international star acts, dead and living, who were never in the radar of Grammy in spite of the much they’ve put into shaping the world music records, Grammy, to support Don Jazzy’s belief, could very well turn out a sentimental avenue of dishing out honours to even undeserving allies.

-Folorunsho Hamsat

source: http://globalexcellenceonline.com/2015/09/i-cant-win-grammy-award-don-jazzy/

cc lalasticlala
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by wise7(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2015
9ice wey talk say e go win am, where e dey now
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by dominique(f): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2015
It's good to be realistic ojare. I laugh at our artists that brags about winning Grammy, with their wack lyrics and crazy beats. Grammy should not be the yardstick to measure success.

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by Aminat508(f): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2015
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by asumo12: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2015
e don bow out!

grin

wise7:
9ice wey talk say e go win am, where e dey now
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by bastien: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2015
Even Akon self no see am win
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by myqel(m): 11:52am On Sep 09, 2015
I disagree with u sir....as long as 9ice talk say he go win am u sef go win am cheesy
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by Omotayor123(f): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2015
The guy no deceive himself grin.

1 Like

Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by asumo12: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
buhahahaaa em don win amu?

grin

myqel:
I disagree with u sir....as long as 9ice talk say he go win am u sef go win am cheesy
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by asumo12: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2015
na sharp guy nah
cheesy

Omotayor123:
The guy no deceive himself grin.
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by Shaadey: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
I know
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by RedCard1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2015
It's good to be realistic. Even the well internationally known Akon can't win.
I hope D'banj and 9ice can stop dreaming.
Re: “I Can’t Win Grammy Award” …don Jazzy by hatux: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2015
Everyone dreams!

(1) (Reply)

Introducing The Sexiest Woman Alive- According To Esquire / Men Who've Had Their Lives Ruined By The Kardashians / Rita Dominic Looking Flawless In New Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.