Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,757 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! (2128 Views)

SEO For Begininers- How To Rank In Google / SEO 2017:top 5 Rock-solid Strategies To Help You Rank / 6 Wordpress SEO Plugins That Will Help You Rank Higher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2015
The 50 sites under review were sorted from the top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online based on Alexa ranking. This 50 comprises websites of traditional newspaper publishing companies i.e Punch Nigeria, online based news media i.e. Naij.com and authority blogs i.e Linda Ikeji blog. While I have used the Alexa ranking to sort out the websites, I did not use it as a metric for this ranking.
For full explanation on the metrics used, Visit: http://kampe.com.ng/blog/?p=70
Below is my Top 50 User Engaging Nigerian Newspapers Online

FULL LIST
#1 - Goal.com
#2 - Allafrica.com
#3 - Vanguardngr.com
#4 - Naij.com
#5 - Punchng.com
#6 - Nationalmirroronline.net
#7 - Ngrguardiannews.com
#8 - Saharareporters.com
#9 - Lindaikeji..com
#10 - Leadership.ng
#11 - Sunnewsonline.com
#12 - Bellanaija.com
#13 - Today.ng
#14 - Ynaija.com
#15 - Nigerianbulletin.com
#16 - Thenationonlineng.net
#17 - Thisdaylive.com
#18 - Premiumtimesng.com
#19 - 360nobs.com
#20 - Pmnewsnigeria.com
#21 - Thetrentonline.com
#22 - Misspetitenaijablog.com
#23 - Nigerianeye.com
#24 - Dailyindependentnig.com
#25 - Ladunliadinews.com
#26 - Pulse.ng
#27 - Informationnigeria.org
#28 - Nigeriamasterweb.com
#29 - Lailasblog.com
#30 - Channelstv.com
#31 - Dailypost.ng
#32 - Businessdayonline.com
#33 - Naijaparrot.com
#34 - Thecable.ng
#35 - Jaguda.com
#36 - Nigerianmonitor.com
#37 - Dailytrust.com
#38 - dailytimes.com.ng
#39 - .com
#40 - Thenet.ng
#41 - Nannewsnigeria.com
#42 - Proshareng.com
#43 - Citynews.ng
#44 - Stylevitae.com
#45 - Tribuneonlineng.com
#46 - Expressng.com
#47 - Thenewsnigeria.com.ng
#48 - Naija247news.com
#49 - Encomium.ng
#50 - Naijatechguide.com

This research has been based on both free and paid SEO analytic tools. So, the result is as good as it comes. However, nothing compare to user testimony. If you have been using any of the listed websites above, do you agree that the ranking reflect your experience? If so, can you share the article to your friends as well?

Think I’m wrong? Give it to me straight and we’ll sort it out in the comments! The winner gets free website SEO audit and recommendations.

Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by kingthreat(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
List here if you want to list. I wont visit your blog
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
kingthreat:
List here if you want to list. I wont visit your blog
Good I will list it here soon. But if you want to know about the metrics used in the ranking, you may have to visit the blog. Thanks
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
I have updated the post with the ranking.
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 8:37am On Sep 10, 2015
Research Metrics for the Top 50 User Engaging Nigeria Newspapers Online

#1 – Domain Authority (DA)
Domain authority is closely tied to PageRank, but the links analysis comes from a private index of the web not from Google’s index. A high domain authority shows that lots of quality websites link to yours which makes your website trustworthy also. So, for an online news media, it is an indication that a lot of authority websites trust your contents.
Read more: http://kampe.com.ng/blog/what-is-domain-authority-and-how-to-improve-it/
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 10:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Research Metrics for the Top 50 User Engaging Nigeria Newspapers Online

#2 – Page Authority (PA)
While domain authority measures the quality of links pointing to a domain (all the links pointing to all the pages on http://www.example.com, for example) Page Authority reflects the quality of links pointing to a specific page. If your website’s link structure is solid, the homepage page authority will be above or within 5 points below your domain authority.
Read more: http://kampe.com.ng/blog/what-is-page-authority-and-how-to-improve-it/
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
You will post all the metrics here.. No one really cares about metrics to visit your blog undecided

Find a better way to market your site. Post any sh!t you want to post here.. or leave it
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
coolsix:
You will post all the metrics here.. No one really cares about metrics to visit your blog undecided

Find a better way to market your site. Post any sh!t you want to post here.. or leave it
You are wrong pal. The last time I checked that post has been shared some 174 times within 48 hours. My analytics also indicate a reasonable number of that traffic come from nairaland. So get use to it or . . .
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 6:05am On Sep 12, 2015
Coming soon with the 10 lessons learned from the Top 50 User Engaging Nigeria Newspapers Online report
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 7:02am On Sep 14, 2015
Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online At A Glance - http://kampe.com.ng/blog/top-50-nigerian-newspapers-online-at-a-glance/
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by emillionaire: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2015
naijao
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 11:49am On Sep 14, 2015
emillionaire:
naijacnn.com should be on that list else it's not complete
I am sorry but if it's not on the list it means it didn't make it to the top 50 Nigeria Newspapers Online in Alexa Ranking.
The 50 sites under review represent the top 50 online news media in Nigeria based on Alexa ranking. Started in 1996, Alexa is the most popular traffic ranking service today. It tracks traffic statistics of websites and provides a numerical rank based on the data that they collect. This 50 comprises websites of traditional newspaper publishing companies i.e Punch Nigeria, online based news media i.e. Naij.com and authority blogs i.e Linda Ikeji blog. While I have used the Alexa ranking to sort out the websites, I did not use it as a metric for this ranking. If you are interested though in the top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online based on Alexa ranking then visit: http://kampe.com.ng/blog/top-50-nigerian-newspapers-online-at-a-glance/
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2015
emillionaire:
naijacnn.com should be on that list else it's not complete
If your site make it to the top 50 in Alexa, it will be considered in the next ranking
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by emillionaire: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
WebclickNG:

If your site make it to the top 50 in Alexa, it will be considered in the next ranking

no shaking. we shall see
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
emillionaire:

no shaking. we shall see
Good you accept. I may include your site in my next research for top 100 blogs in Nigeria
Re: Guess Where you Rank In the Top 50 Nigerian Newspapers Online! by WebclickNG: 6:36am On Sep 16, 2015
After 7 days of publishing the top 50 Nigeria Newspapers Online -http://kampe.com.ng/blog/?p=70

255 Shares
Facebook share - 92
Twitter share - 114
Facebook Like - 14
Google+ share - 3
Linkedin share - 2

So far, so good

(1) (Reply)

How To Unsubscribe From Any MAIL LIST! / Airtel Cheat Free Browsing / How Do I Sort This With Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.