Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa (790 Views)

I Got A Job Via Nairaland.. Thanks Seun Osewa / How To Land A Great Job As A Graduate (after NYSC) / Cds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by micronut(m): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good day Mr Seun, I do hope this my short piece meets you well. Let me first thank you for coming up with a great idea of setting up a forum like this. Indeed, this has been the NO 1 Social sites for most Nigerians (Particularly the youths).

Your forum has given birth to thousands of blogs that litters the social media today. In fact, i tell friends, if you don't know a forum called "Nairaland", then you are missing a lot, because this is where everything is happening. Nairaland is First in All, For latest information in Nigeria (Even before many Newspaper houses or Radio stations).

Why Nairaland is the king of all forum?, a guy asked me because that's what i call it.. I dream here, even when have got no battery, i miss it more than my girlfriend (lolz). Sometimes i sleep here (though not like INTROVERT and LadyF).

Yes, NO 1 Job site that brings all others together in one. I can mention countless number of unemployed graduates that have had cause to smile from visiting the job/vacancies sections. Testimonies and helping hands here and there, CV Writers have made so much money from here too (Lolz, business is moving here mehn), Many GNLD and fake jobs companies are being exposed only here, i mean you only get that on Nairaland, which have saved many Jobless graduates their meagre resources, which they could have used in travelling for useless interviews that is aimed at extorting them.

What about the career section? With no iota of doubt, the career section have been of immense benefits to alot of youths and those who are planning to change careers. The best of Nigeria Career Egg heads like Jarus of Jarushub.com and Xfire started from here.

Talk of anything you want as a budding and passionate young man and woman, the career section would help you hone your skills to make it a reality. Now tell me, who gives a real-time chatting and quick response platform like this? if not Nairaland, It is not a matter of contest, no one does it better than Nairaland which gives a career Site that gives you information free at no single cost.

Mr Osewa, having said all that, and without becoming too explicit or an overnight praise singer, it is undoubtedly that your platform has given Nigerian youth so much at no cost, in fact if it's a country that gives people awards for adding values, you deserve a National Award by Mr President.

For over four years that have been here, i have watched you closely from your hiding corner and can not but agree that you are a shinning star for every Nigerian youth with foresight. May God bless You to continue to do more.

But Nonetheless, i want to advice you that there is still more to do to strengthen and sustain this platform, than what it is now, unlike what it use to be. I have discovered 6 Formidable sections that has been helping humanities and more essentially the youths than others, which are the Job/Vacancies Section, Education, the Career, the Family Section, Agriculture and Healths.

But it seems Politics, Celebrities( Which has suddenly turned nairaland into a gossip site like lindaikeji) and Crimes sections have suddenly beclouded the aforementioned 6.

They are the ones we see on front pages every now and then. The Politics section has contributed largely to the tribal war among youths of different ethnic nationalities while the Celebrities section is giving a false impression about fame and what morality should be.

Today, you hardly sees Educational news and Career related on frontpage, even when we get it, they are always few, where as these are stuffs that an average Nigerian can benefit from not chindinma simbi hair style or linda's black gate. (lolz).

I Wish few amendment can be made to these loopholes to propel and foster Nairaland to the next pedestal, as an informative and Educative hub, which it has long been known for.

Thank you sir.
Micronut
cc: lasticlala, seun and isilove.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by estyvino(m): 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by estyvino(m): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Job/Vacancies Section, Education, the Career, the Family Section, Agriculture and Healths.

Take note seun

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Sweetyie(f): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Seconded
Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2015
Let's just stick to what sells smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by tayebest(m): 1:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice observation sir!

Mr. Seun & lalasticlala should take note

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Paschal001: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
Correct gist....

Not to come here and be seeing stuffs like Wailing wailers and Buhari goons, or reading stories of snakes and how people ate them....

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Ojestas(m): 2:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Micronut, God bless you. u said it all. To stand a chance of seeing your topics on the FP, you just have to create them on romance, politics or crime threads, other threads are dying off !

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Ask4bigneyo(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Thirded

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by gingger(m): 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
Well observed... Seun pls take it into consideration

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by micronut(m): 3:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Thank You all for the seeing sense in the above nonsense, Nairaland is too powerful and resourceful than to be seeing it degenerating. It's a collective responsibility and we owe it a duty by joining hands. It can always be better.
Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Excellergroup(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
Thumbs up to you my guy, You couldn't have said it in a better way. Just on point. Mr osewa and co-moderators pls and pls take note; less of the lady with the biggest booty in Nollywood, see the yoruba actress that hasn't had sex in the last 24 hrs. So nairaland doesnt get to a point where we start seeing things like "Photos of the nigerian male celebrity with the longest _ _ _ _ _ and let's see more of the educative and informative articles . Save nairaland's soul. God bls us all.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by prelinctus: 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
Op, how old are you? At your age, you should've known that above all, controversy sells. You called lindaikeji a gossip site yet it is the number one blog in africa. Corporate institutions are paying her millions for advert placements. Now tell me, do they love gossip that much?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by micronut(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
prelinctus:
Op, how old are you? At your age, you should've known that above all, controversy sells. You called lindaikeji a gossip site yet it is the number one blog in africa. Corporate institutions are paying her millions for advert placements. Now tell me, do they love gossip that much?
Smile, and you think by asking my age is the best way to address an issue? It doesn't add up my brother. All am saying is this, a forum is different from a blog, where everything goes.. Adverts is being displayed everywhere on a blog site to draw traffics but as the name implies, a forum is : a meeting at which a subject can be discussed: a place or opportunity for discussing a subject. I think you get my drift sir.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Horlawoomey(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2015
Nice one OP, God bless you.
Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by scarplanet(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
Very well said Micronut.
I agree wholly with you that we tend to see more of "how Obasanjo ate chicken with Tonto dikeh" and "how a pastor commanded his congregation to swallow a life cow!" on front page most a time.

I also support your notion of Job/Vacancies Section, Education, the Career, the Family Section, Agriculture and Healths being beneficial to the youth.

I tend to disagree with you though that the Politics section is "useless" to the youth. As a youth, there are countless benefits I have derived from the politics section. I first learnt of the last election dates in Nairaland, I first learnt of PMB banning the Aso Rock Chapel on Nairaland, I first learnt of GEJ reducing PMS rate to 87 naira on Nairaland, I first read the news of how the soldiers fighting Boko haram were maltreated on Nairaland; and all these were posted on FP. I am sure 4 out of every 5 Nairalanders must have one or two good tales about politics on FP.

In addition, I don't think you can rule out Sport, Business, Investment, Technology Market, Computer and Phone sections as having no significant impact on the Youth. Even the crime section; you never can tell if someday Nairaland will alert you on a robbery happening just close to you that you have no knowledge about.

In conclusion, instead of suggesting to Mr Seun and other Ogas at the top to completely eradicate from FP stories from crime, politics, Entertainment, jokes and other "irrelevant sections" (as u seem to mean), I would suggest that every story that should be on FP passes the litmus test first! This is the more reason why a Super moderator is needed to not only checkmate scammers and spammers, but also screen the type of news on front page.
Alternatively, there could be something like a sharing formula, where at any point in time, every section should have 3 or 4 news on the front page.

"My Comments are not necessarily endorsement"

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by yvesboss(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by micronut(m): 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Mr scarplanet, I appreciate your detailed analysis.. If you take a cursory look at what i wrote, wasn't saying the likes of Politics and celebrities news shouldn't be aired, what am driving at is that it's being paraded above others.. Of a fact, i love politics more than any thing and i do enjoy the umpteenth news update. that nairaland is known with but then some news sometimes are not frontpage materials especially in the celeb section. U would see like 3 news about a particular celebrity in a day on the front page, making people to just go to their instagram and twitter pages for updates and bring it here most often.

Beside this, every other sections has a role it plays and i believe your words, but then, too much of everything can be bad. Again, I reiterate that most often, stories coming from celebrities sections are not always news worthy. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by funmo(m): 9:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
h m m m m m m

aptly said, but 7 out of a randomly chosen 10 Nairaland visitors will prefer gist to those aforementioned sections you want given front page priority.

you know the whole "one man's food, poison, bla bla"

I agree with you 100%... but I'm afraid things might not change... just let the few that enjoy those sections with the real worth and benefits enjoy it all alone. it's not for the crowd, no come spoil market for us.

SHOCKER: NAIRALANDER GETS LIFE BAN FOR ADVISING FORUM OWNER AND MODERATORS

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by kachnov(m): 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Micronut you have made a valid point,but you have forgotten the adage ,"give the people what they want".Nairaland is fine the way it is,why?well for frequent users familiar with the forum,we just go directly to the sections that interest us the most,but the average "new/next" nairalander is the guest who summarily doesn't know much about the forum and probably views the frontage alone.It is such controversial ,more exciting topics that hooks and interest them ,which leads to further exploitation of the forum .
And oh,dont worry about tonto dikeh,shes marrried now and wont be doing anything stupid anytime soon.

God bless seun,nairaland ,kachnov and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by micronut(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2015
funmo:
h m m m m m m

aptly said, but 7 out of a randomly chosen 10 Nairaland visitors will prefer gist to those aforementioned sections you want given front page priority.

you know the whole "one man's food, poison, bla bla"

I agree with you 100%... but I'm afraid things might not change... just let the few that enjoy those sections with the real worth and benefits enjoy it all alone. it's not for the crowd, no come spoil market for us.

SHOCKER: NAIRALANDER GETS LIFE BAN FOR ADVISING FORUM OWNER AND MODERATORS
lol
Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by Nobody: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2015
this thing go reach FP even though I no read am...
Re: Nairaland, A Great Platform For The Youths: Letter To Seun Osewa by sholay2011(m): 1:59am On Sep 10, 2015
@OP...THUMBS UP! Well-written post.

Maybe Seun makes his money majorly from those sections you complained about which keeps the forum running, including the sections that are 'beneficial' to the youth.

It should be noted that apart from the family and job/vacancies section, all other sections you stated are not regularly updated to be the only ones gracing the front page, hence, the chance for cheap celebrity news to be slotted in.

Nonetheless, I get your point and more emphasis should be placed on what will benefit the society in the long run.

Human beings want to enjoy, but they don't want to think; they forget enjoyment is subjective and insatiable, and in the end, the nearest thing to its peak is thinking.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Available For A Logistics Supervisor/ Fleet Manager / Entry-level And Experince Vacancies At A Top Microfinance Bank (10 Positions) / Vacancy Of Qualified And Experienced Electrician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.