Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,226 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:50 PM

The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market (25442 Views)

Money Medicine Scammers Who Defrauded Man Of N31million / Defrauded At An ATM Stand / Female Banker Defrauded One Of Her Customers N90 Million, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by airsaylongcon: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
deybholar:
OP, something very similar happened to me like 3years ago. It was in the evening and I was actually heading to the bureau the change at MM2...Then I had doubts in my mind if they would have closed or not so I drove to Airport Hotel to change the money.
The Yoruba guys gave me a higher rate so I gladly changed from them 400 dollars.
He gave me 60,000 which I counted over and over before handing him the dollars.
I got home and voila the money was short by 28,000.
I was the only one at home, I drove alone and didn't stop to pick anyone or buy something. How the money disappeared is what I don't know till today. I have however heard several stories after that the yoruba guys on Allen mix their money with juju and no matter how careful you are, the money will still disappear.

This is the only trick I still haven't gotten my head around. I'm a student of the art of the grift but I want to agree with you that this one could really be diabolical
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Bajelo1: 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2015
I had similar bitter experience opposite Airport Hotel in 2009 when I wanted to change some pounds I came back with. It was a terrible experience. Though I was a bit fortunate to recover part of the money with the help of policemen that later collected 10k from me. Those fraudsters knew themselves, belong to one association and operate with police alliance.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
whichever way, once you agreed to go with them and exchanged money. You would surely be scam and it would be too late to make a u-turn. Even if the give you the current amount, they would change their mind and tell you dollar has dropped in the market as you were transacting, they would request for their naira and swap your dollar with a fake before returning it too you. be grateful that you at least got something back. trust me, those are the nice ones.

And it doesn't matter what tribe, the northerners are involved in the scam too. My friend fell for northerners.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by InvertedHammer: 11:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
Demmocrats:
Op I have some questions for you

How long have you stayed in lasgidi because you yan like a jjc

Lastly it seems this is the first time you ever changed a foreign currency in your life.

Only a jjc will respond the way you did

Even the Hausa men that denied the identity of those guys are lying involve the police and arrest then and see the truth come out asap
/
You are funny!

A man went with $100 and came back with N11,000.

If he involves NPF, what is the net amount he will go home with?

I am thinking N0 + wasted ( time & effort)

Prevention is better than cure.
/

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Demmocrats(m): 1:02am On Sep 10, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
You are funny!

A man went with $100 and came back with N11,000.

If he involves NPF, what is the net amount he will go home with?

I am thinking N0 + wasted ( time & effort)

Prevention is better than cure.
/

Him it seems I just quoted a c++ programmer

Am I wrong
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by dcitizen: 1:52am On Sep 10, 2015
Sorry for what happened to you. You are making a sweeping conclusion. Some of the mallam at the alade market do the same thing along the road side. Next time, make sure you count the money and if it is short, donot return the money back to the person but demand to get the balance from the person. If you return the wrong amount and recollect it, make sure you recount that money again. There is nothing diabolical about it. The guy just play a fast money tricks on you. In his pretense to add the 1000 naira to complete the money, he has removed some money from the original 23,000 naira amount. You failed to notice the manipulation because psychologically, you are in a haste
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by tanidabi: 3:36am On Sep 10, 2015
I work in one of the banks on Allen and our ears are so full of all this fraudulent dealings, when I nd to buy or sell usd I call one of them into my office we have been using him for years.Unfortunately there's so much defrauding going on around there.you are even lucky,a woman had bought $10000 from them and before she got to the banking hall the money was missing.If you nd to do business in Alade look for someone trustworthy if not it's a no no,most of the yoruba guys der have faked the hausa accent so you will think u are dealing with an hausa man.I do not think the hausa pple are guilty.I have even had to confront one of them before and pls don't do business with them at night abeg
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by MyMentor: 5:19am On Sep 10, 2015
Teacher: wot did u learn frm dis story?
Student: greedness and stingness is nt gud.
Sai, boy!

1 Like

Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by sweetgala(m): 5:35am On Sep 10, 2015
Sijo01:
Abokiis scamming people like their daural hero

Lol. Someone either can't or did not read the content.
This one was a Yoruba Igbo collabo
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by sweetgala(m): 5:40am On Sep 10, 2015
favourlove1:
special envoy? Obj has gotten what He has always wanted. So can buhari probe such a man? With all d corruption he is sitting on? Nigeria is simply a game of chess with Obj as the master player all these one buhari dey do... He dosnt really knw what he is doing cuz PDP is still in govt. Let's see how long this Obj Buhari will last.

Wrong thread , take it someplace else
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by ElFenomeno1: 6:38am On Sep 10, 2015
Poster
Did you just arrive from a village to live in Lagos? grin
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by prettyeyo: 7:06am On Sep 10, 2015
It's not greed,its business. Besides, they still would have done that anyway! In my friend's case, my friend went to change his dollars, they had given him naira equivalent and he had given them his 100 dollar, as he was counting his naira, they came back and gave him one dollar back, that he gave them a fake note. Meanwhile they had changed his real dollar for a fake one!!! These guys are criminals
jamaicabakare:
Though i don't surport what they did to u...(coz an agreement is agreement)...but u also nah thief......just bcoz of ur greed for 500naira u lost 12k.....
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 10, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Novice1(m): 7:55am On Sep 10, 2015
hertz9te:
you weren't defrauded. .....you were out smarted......

Bullshyte. fraud is fraud........ there is no smartness in stealing from a fellow human being of his hard-earned money. They are lower forms of life that cant diffrentiate between right and wrong.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by nwigwemark: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2015
I have fallen victim of this before opposite Airport hotel Awolowo road, exactly the same way they did yours but i think that last N500 the added must be juju money which they normally use to commit their atrocity. it is well
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 10, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
How pathetic!

I learnt from this thank You.

Kai! Lagos Lagos grin

WHEN CHANGING DOLLARS GO TO THE MALLAMS THEY HAVE A REPUTATION FOR TRANSPARENCY,
YOURUBAS AND IBOS ARE FRAUDSTERS. wink
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by hakinze00(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2015
hehe well experience is best teacher with experiences i have gotten 4m diffrnt markets and locations ve made me fully at alert wen gettin tins 4m doz guys dat sells on d strit.Hq of all fraud will be alaba market and computer village and at borders
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Geesanni: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2015
U B MUMU NA PPLE LIKE U DEY ALLOW BUHARI PUT ONLY NORTHENERS FOR NIGERIA KEY POSITION CLAIMING DAT NO SOUTHERNER ARE QUALIFIED.AND IF U B HAUSA I THINK U ARE VERY MYOPIC ABEG CHANGE UR ORIENTATION.(ATIKU,BABAGINDA,ABACHA,ABDUSALLAM,KWAKWANSO, ALL THE NORTHERN POLITICIANS ARE ALL CORRUPT. U WAN TELL ME NO BODY TAKE A DINE FROM PUBLIC FUND,NORTHERNERS DONT ACCUSE DEMSELVES UNLIKE OUR SOUTHERN PPLE.NORTH NA CHOP I CHOP .MY GUYS WEY BUREAN D CHANGE KILL 4 HIM HAUSA NO B HAUSA KILL AM.PLS SPARE ME DAT HOLY BULLSHIT
Jeromejnr:
Northerners are actually more honest in this type of dealings. You should have transacted with them.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Lovechyld101(m): 10:48am On Sep 10, 2015
Lol greedy ppl will alway get scammed why didn't u go for the aboki that wanted to chang for 230 but u opted for 235 see what 500naira has made u lose.
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Rowgee(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
I was once a victim Iost about 8,0000 naira these happen
2005 those fraudster uses
Juju to defraud their victims
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by d33jy85: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ofe mmanu and fraud go together like bread and butter. Dirty smelling primitive fOols
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by grandstar(m): 12:41am On Sep 11, 2015
I know a guy who does this. One of his legs now looks out of shape. Suspect he was tortured heavily
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by grandstar(m): 12:46am On Sep 11, 2015
hertz9te:
you weren't defrauded. .....you were out smarted......

if it's me I will
talk to them___dont give them the money
negotiate___dont give them the money
count my money___dont give them the money
check for fakes___dont give them the money
mix it with other notes to make sure it dosent disappear__dont give them the money
enter the taxi___dont give them the money
give the driver the money to count___dont give them the money

if even possible spend the money they gave you___dont give them the money
they can't cheat me

Lady f is below me!!!Jesus
my level has changed

you will most likely be duped. Avoid greed and play safe. With that, no one can cheat you
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by Boyooosa(m): 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
lolrotfomsr dropping tears from my face... ifa n fani lapoya! (in 9ce voice)
Re: The Day I Was Defrauded At Alade Market by surveycash(m): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
Ymodulus:
Moral of the Story: Deal with only Hausas for we are Honest.

Ya lapai, kai bahaushe ne?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Experience With A LASTMA Officer Today / Policemen Struggling For Gun With Another Security Man (Photos, Video) / Fulani Herdsman Cuts Off Woman’s Four Fingers In Abia - Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.