Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Some Laptop Keyboard Problems - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Some Laptop Keyboard Problems (807 Views)

Common PC Keyboard Problems & Solutions / Some Laptop Technology To Look Forward To In 2017 / Help!!! My Hp620 Laptop Keyboard Not Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Laptop Keyboard Problems by Markachi666(m): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
1. As you press the 'ON' button, the computer produces a continuous beeping sound........

Consider replacing that keyboard

2. While butting, the computer prompts you to put in your password. As you bend to type the password, 'unseen forces' start typing letters/figures on the screen Or on the search bar......

Likely one or two buttons pressing down

3. You're working on your laptop, and all of a sudden, a key stops responding, or a whole section of your keyboard stops responding to keystrokes....

Turn your laptop upside down or tilt at an angle and clear (food) crumbs from the keyboard. You may give it a brief shake. Restarting the computer might also help.

In case of failing circuit due to hairs, dust, debris stuck inside/beneath the buttons, mild clean up with a brush may help.

REMEMBER: DUST AND WATER ARE ENEMIES OF THE KEYBOARD!
Re: Some Laptop Keyboard Problems by minifuworld: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
exactly wot am experiencing wit my system. I wil try wot u sugest tx
Re: Some Laptop Keyboard Problems by Markachi666(m): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
minifuworld:
exactly wot am experiencing wit my system. I wil try wot u sugest tx

Goodluck!
Re: Some Laptop Keyboard Problems by kobenol(m): 11:33am On Sep 12, 2015
In case no. 1 though I've encountered at least two laptops with that symptom. In both cases it happened that the users routinely swept their rug while the pc was left on same rug. I inquired since the beeping was as a result of tiny sand grains lodged in the keyboard underneath some keys. I only popped the key and dust off the particles... No replacement.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Which Laptop To Buy / I Need A Fairly Used Hp 15 Core I3 To Buy / How Much Does Laptop Screen And Motherboard Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.