Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Start Learning Python For Total Begineers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Start Learning Python For Total Begineers (1293 Views)

Python Books To Start Learning Python Programming. / Learning Python, Using Python At Work/college: Must-try Best Python Quizzes / Start Learning Python For Total Begineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by lekky11: 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
A GOOD FIRST PYTHON PROGRAM THAT ANYONE THAT ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO USE A COMPUTER CAN CREATE.
WERE ARE TAKING THE BASICS BUT WILL ADVANCE AS TIME GOES
HERE ARE THE STEPS:
1] YOU NEED TO HAVE PYTHON INSTALLED YOU CAN DO THAT http://samworld.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1&sid=178d95893f6924879dd876f2c1510549
2][1] TYPE THE FOLLOWING INTO THE TEXT EDITOR

print "Hello World!"
print "Hello Again"
print "I like typing this."
print "This is fun."
print 'Yay! Printing.'
print "I'd much rather you 'not'."
print 'I "said" do not touch this.'

[2] SAVE THE FILE AS print.py

[3] IN COMMAND PROMPT NAVIGATE TOO WHERE YOU SAVED THE FILE AND TYPE THIS

python print.py
[4] IF YOU DID IT CORRECTLY YOU SHOULD SEE

Hello World!
Hello Again
I like typing this.
print "This is fun.
print 'Yay! Printing.
print "I'd much rather you 'not'.
print 'I "said" do not touch this.

[5] YOU HAVE MADE YOUR FIRST PYTHON PROGRAMME
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by gaetano: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
I don dey think say people don sabi speak snake language.

undecided
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by lekky11: 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
NO BROS Python is an interpreted, object-oriented programming language similar to PERL, that has gained popularity because of its clear syntax and readability AND IS VERY EASY TO LEARN.
JOIN OUR SITE SAMWORLD.NET, OUR AIM IS TO ENCOURAE AND DEVELOP PROGRAMMING SKILLS IN AFRICA
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 10, 2015
gaetano:
I don dey think say people don sabi speak snake language.

undecided

You no serious walai grin

@op, did you forget to add the preference for the compiler to understand what you coding. I used to think there used to be #!usr/bin/python
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by lekky11: 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
nope you are wrong bro, this is a simple program you dont need all those u are talking abt,
how good are you with python
#usr/bin/python is the environment where python is installed,
you only need to specify meta charset="utf-8" which is the encoding if you are using a non ascii format
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by Greatfes17: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
I do think you this is complicated for beginner.
Why don't you post every step on the thread?
Following though.
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2015
lekky11:
nope you are wrong bro, this is a simple program you dont need all those u are talking abt,
how good are you with python
#usr/bin/python is the environment where python is installed,
you only need to specify meta charset="utf-8" which is the encoding if you are using a non ascii format

Why then is it written like this

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/09/python-hello-world-example-how-to-write-and-execute-python-program-on-unix-os/
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by lekky11: 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
okay sorry guys, didn't realise i was not detailed enough...
i will upload a detailed tutorial thanks guys
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by lekky11: 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
and the tutorial written there is for unix system, my tutorial is for windows..
unix os is a bit advance
Re: Start Learning Python For Total Begineers by lekky11: 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
OKAY GUYS THIS IS A WELL DETAILED VERSION

1] Go to http://notepad-plus-plus.org/ with your browser, get the Notepad++ text editor, and install it. You do not need to be the administrator to do this.

Make sure you can get to Notepad++ easily by putting it on your desktop and/or in Quick Launch. Both options are available during setup.

2] Download And IInstall python from http://python.org/download.

3] MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL PYTHON 2, NOT PYTHON 3.[/b]

4] Run your PowerShell program (which I will call Terminal later). It won't look like much.[/b]

5] If you don't have PowerShell Run your command prompt

6] If after you install it python still isn't recognized then in PowerShell enter this:

[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable("Path", "$env:Path;C:\Python27", "User"wink

Close PowerShell

7] Run your Powershell, type python
Type quit() and press Enter to exit python.

CONTINUE READING http://samworld.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6

(1) (Reply)

Photos And Video Of A Flying Car Exclusive Released / How To Make A Database On Server? / Unbelievable! This App Is Free On Play Store, Every Nigerian must have It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.