Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Scam Alert For Online Sellers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert For Online Sellers (982 Views)

4 Ways In Which Local Retailers Can Beat Amazon And Other Online Sellers / Online Sellers, How Are You Able To Ship Your Orders Nationwide? / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert For Online Sellers by Zeiya(f): 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
If you are an online seller, olx, kaymu, Jiji and other free online platforms pls beware of the recent trend of scammers. They will call you to show interest in your goods and ask you to send it to them outside Lagos, when you tell them to pay before delivery they will accept but ask you what happens if they don't get it, Your reply will determine how to progress in their dirty scam. To cut it short they may pay in for you and claim not to get the parcel and begin a case with you.
Observe all the safety precautions before selling. Always use reliable delivery service for your dispatch.

Beware of this lady from akwa ibom
+234 813 537 5624

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert For Online Sellers by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
hmmm
Re: Scam Alert For Online Sellers by Gboliwe: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
Zeiya:
If you are an online seller, olx, kaymu, Jiji and other free online platforms pls beware of the recent trend of scammers. They will call you to show interest in your goods and ask you to send it to them outside Lagos, when you tell them to pay before delivery they will accept but ask you what happens if they don't get it, Your reply will determine how to progress in their dirty scam. To cut it short they may pay in for you and claim not to get the parcel and begin a case with you.
Observe all the safety precautions before selling. Always use reliable delivery service for your dispatch.
Beware of this lady from akwa ibom
+234 813 537 5624

Your story is incomplete. You have to give the details.

For starters, how can you send a parcel to someone and she'll claim she didn't receive it? If you sent by bus drivers, is the driver a kid that he didnt deliver/give it to the right person? If by courier, it must have been received by someone with an identity. So, your story isnt complete yet.
Re: Scam Alert For Online Sellers by Zeiya(f): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Gboliwe:

Your story is incomplete. You have to give the details.

For starters, how can you send a parcel to someone and she'll claim she didn't receive it? If you sent by bus drivers, is the driver a kid that he didnt deliver/give it to the right person? If by courier, it must have been received by someone with an identity. So, your story isnt complete yet.

This is peculiar to those that use transport system (waybill) not courier. they may claim the item got damaged or not working. one kept asking what if he didn't receive or it is not working or missing? I later ignored him, he called me after two weeks for another item with same questions. It may be very stressful to do verification. I have not fallen a victim but I keep calls from these guys. I saved this particular number, she tries to woo me once every three week to sell one stuff or the other. I gave her serious warning this night. Just want to alert my fellow inter-state sellers.

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert For Online Sellers by Gboliwe: 10:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
Zeiya:

This is peculiar to those that use transport system (waybill) not courier. they may claim the item got damaged or not working. one kept asking what if he didn't receive or it is not working or missing? I later ignored him, he called me after two weeks for another item with same questions. It may be very stressful to do verification. I have not fallen a victim but I keep calls from these guys. I saved this particular number, she tries to woo me once every three week to sell one stuff or the other. I gave her serious warning this night. Just want to alert my fellow inter-state sellers.

So, would they send back the "damaged" or bad item back? It's unfortunate how we have fallen as a people. There's no trust among us. Buyers scheming to dupe sellers, sellers doing same. Na wa.

(1) (Reply)

Timi Dakolo And Seyi Law Shines As Union Bank Unveils New Identity / How To Make Money With Football Betting..... / See The Warning TOTAL Filing Station Gave Any Staff That Sell Fuel In Jerrycans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.