Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: (1600 Views)

Passenger Ties Goat Along With Luggage On Top Of A Bus While Travelling (Photos) / Your Worst Travelling Experience / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 12:52am On Sep 10, 2015
This happened a while back but Its still my worst travelling experience till date.

I boarded a "small" bus (i will not name the company) heading to lagos. I was coming from delta state and was really hoping I would make it back to lagos before 11am (max 12 noon).

About an hour into the journey, I succumbed to sleep but I made sure I was strapped into my sit..... I don't know how long I slept before I was jolted back to reality by screams of "blood of jesus" by fellow passengers...... of course there was tire screeching!!

At that moment, it felt like everything slowed down.... instead of screaming, I started laughing.... I had a hearty laugh for what seemed like an eternity before the bus somersaulted a couple of times...

Eventually, it all came to a stop and I was still alive. Still strapped into my seat. The lady beside me also survived but she was hysterical and when I tried to talk to her, she totally ignored me.... she would talk to other people but she wouldn't talk to me....

Help from the locals was almost instantaneous.
I was helped out of the bus and I had nothing but a small bruise on my right arm.
Can't say much about the state of other passengers... I just picked my small bag, boarded another bus and continued my journey.....

Cause of accident: I heard it was a trailer that ran us off the road. I was sleeping then

The really appalling part was that (1) the trailer driver did not even stop.

2) passengers from other buses were busy taking pictures and I heard atleast 2 people say "thank God ooh.. I was supposed to board this bus".....

So, what was your worst travelling experience like??

Follow me on nairaland and I follow back

2 Likes

Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by SexyStrawberry(f): 12:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Gosh! but the funny part was the lady who didn't reply u! hehehehehehehehehehehehe..... if Na u, u go reply? when person almost don go meet baba God, one winch dey beside u dey Laff, hahahahahahahah kikikikikikikikiki ....... she might even think u spiritually manipulated it.
Anyway my own horror was with Aero, truly when death comes, u go just confuse, 20mins far up in the air, all of a sudden the plane jerked and dropped with full force twice mid air, everyone around me started saying their last prayers, as for me, I was just totally blank, finally baba God put hand raise d plane up again we come reach Abj safely. Going back I just jejely enter bus, I can't fit shout abeg.

1 Like

Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 10, 2015
Gosh!

1 Like

Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by mekonglobal(m): 1:00am On Sep 10, 2015
What a bad experience... But thank God u survived it!
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 1:04am On Sep 10, 2015
mekonglobal:
What a bad experience... But thank God u survived it!

Yes.. it was a bad experience....
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by steppin: 1:05am On Sep 10, 2015
magicminister:
This happened a while back but Its still my worst travelling experience till date.

I boarded a "small" bus (i will not name the company) heading to lagos. I was coming from delta state and was really hoping I would make it back to lagos before 11am (max 12 noon).

About an hour into the journey, I succumbed to sleep but I made sure I was strapped into my sit..... I don't know how long I slept before I was jolted back to reality by screams of "blood of jesus" by fellow passengers...... of course there was tire screeching!!

At that moment, it felt like everything slowed down.... instead of screaming, I started laughing.... I had a hearty laugh for what seemed like an eternity before the bus somersaulted a couple of times...

Eventually, it all came to a stop and I was still alive. Still strapped into my seat. The lady beside me also survived but she was hysterical and when I tried to talk to her, she totally ignored me.... she would talk to other people but she wouldn't talk to me....

Help from the locals was almost instantaneous.
I was helped out of the bus and I had nothing but a small bruise on my right arm.
Can't say much about the state of other passengers... I just picked my small bag, boarded another bus and continued my journey.....

Cause of accident: I heard it was a trailer that ran us off the road. I was sleeping then

The really appalling part was that (1) the trailer driver did not even stop.

2) passengers from other buses were busy taking pictures and I heard atleast 2 people say "thank God ooh.. I was supposed to board this bus".....

So, what was your worst travelling experience like??

Follow me on nairaland and I follow back
Bros, you sure say no be you cause the accident?
Cos you sounded pretty much like a 'winch' with the crazy laugh...
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 1:10am On Sep 10, 2015
steppin:

Bros, you sure say no be you cause the accident?
Cos you sounded pretty much like a 'winch' with the crazy laugh...

Different people have different ways of expressing fear or nervousness.
I wasn't scared of dying or nervous... I was actually at peace with myself...don't know why I laughed..... the collective screams of jeeeeeesssssus and all that kinda felt funny....

The beginning and end of everyone has been written.
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by youngsahito(m): 1:56am On Sep 10, 2015
Na to thank God 4 ur lyf bros...God shud be our protector during d day n night

1 Like

Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 10, 2015
Lord, I know I have not been a gud son. But save me from whatever accidents await me on the road. Amen
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 3:06am On Sep 10, 2015
God protect us! Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by DaGC(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2015
SexyStrawberry:
Gosh! but the funny part was the lady who didn't reply u! hehehehehehehehehehehehe..... if Na u, u go reply? when person almost don go meet baba God, one winch dey beside u dey Laff, hahahahahahahah kikikikikikikikiki ....... she might even think u spiritually manipulated it.
Anyway my own horror was with Aero, truly when death comes, u go just confuse, 20mins far up in the air, all of a sudden the plane jerked and dropped with full force twice mid air, everyone around me started saying their last prayers, as for me, I was just totally blank, finally baba God put hand raise d plane up again we come reach Abj safely. Going back I just jejely enter bus, I can't fit shout abeg.

I suffered same fate some years back on a flight to Accra. Gravity can really f*ck with one's brain. It was a scary situation. The prayers on the flight that day would have consumed the entire population of demons in hell. Some people didn't stop praying till we got off the stairs.
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by magicminister: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2015
SexyStrawberry:

Loool... about your flight experience, I experienced almost same thing on my way to ethiopia but mine was way scarier I guess.

The landing gears of the airline refused to deploy and after hovering around the airport for almost 2 hours, we descended from 35000ft to 10, 000ft...

Eventually sha, the landing gear dropped and we had a pretty smoothe landing.... come check out applause naaah.....na so one woman wear dress like a muslim (covered in hijab) stood up and shouted "praisee the loooorrrrrd".....
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by SexyStrawberry(f): 10:22am On Sep 10, 2015
magicminister:

Loool... about your flight experience, I experienced almost same thing on my way to ethiopia but mine was way scarier I guess.

The landing gears of the airline refused to deploy and after hovering around the airport for almost 2 hours, we descended from 35000ft to 10, 000ft...

Eventually sha, the landing gear dropped and we had a pretty smoothe landing.... come check out applause naaah.....na so one woman wear dress like a muslim (covered in hijab) stood up and shouted "praisee the loooorrrrrd".....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
HEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
Na the Hijab woman I dey Laff! Chai Dis is so super funny, I am just rolling on the floor here laughing
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by SexyStrawberry(f): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2015
DaGC:

I suffered same fate some years back on a flight to Accra. Gravity can really f*ck with one's brain. It was a scary situation. The prayers on the flight that day would have consumed the entire population of demons in hell. Some people didn't stop praying till we got off the stairs.

Hehehehehehehehehe
My dear, I didn't pray o, I don't even know how to pray sef
besides where I wan run go for safety ?
I was just totally blank, like a living dead, when we touched ground again, I didn't use flight again for almost a year, bus somehow still better, if accident occurs, so many can still survive, but if plane crash, who wan survive ?
Re: My Worst Travelling Experience So Far::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: by DaGC(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2015
SexyStrawberry:

Hehehehehehehehehe
My dear, I didn't pray o, I don't even know how to pray sef
besides where I wan run go for safety ?
I was just totally blank, like a living dead, when we touched ground again, I didn't use flight again for almost a year, bus somehow still better, if accident occurs, so many can still survive, but if plane crash, who wan survive ?

I'm neither religious too. I meant prayers from the remaining people on board. They kept praying till we were outta the stairs.

I still travel a lot though. Air crashes and road accidents hasn't really stopped me. I've had a few road mishaps though.

(1) (Reply)

Direction From Yaba To Lekki Phase 1. / Less $ N Fun Places To Visit In Lagos Minus Club, Eatery: / Study Visa For Spain For Masters Degree Program(i Need Assistance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.