Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? (4206 Views)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / Diamond Bank Interview / Zenith Bank Interview Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by chicbella(f): 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2009
Dear House,

I recently attended a first bank interview on the 16th of March 2009.
I have a Law degree from a Nigerian university and an MBA from Manchester.

Does anyone in the house know exactly how long it takes first bank to get back
to candidates, and please can anyone tell me where else I can apply for a job?

I have been out of Nigeria for Six years now, and need a lot of catching up to do.

I worked in a UK bank for nearly six years.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by floodlight(m): 10:15pm On Apr 06, 2009
u worked in a "uk bank" for 6 years and u were "promoted" to first bank, what exactly is ur problem sef, BETTER TELL THE TRUTH
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by chicbella(f): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2009
This isnt a forum for insulting people, i believe my message is clear enough. I lived and worked in UK for 6years and have just recently relocated back to my father land. Please do not comment if u have nothing valuable to say. Thank you.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by tayoast(m): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2009
Just stay in touch with d land's careers section and others of its nature.

Good luck
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by kharrison: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2009
Welcome back to Nigeria, i 'couldn't help but laugh when i saw FLOODLIGHTS really silly post on your thread. Anyway, since you've been in the banking industry, i suggest you submit your CV to almost every bank's head office since you already have experience. First bank is a strong bank financially but will probably not pay you that much. They also have a slow recruitment process, so you really need to be patient. Just try all banks okay. Best of luck!
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by isuomo: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2009
I waited 7 months before they came back to me with a start date but thankfully another bank offered me an AGM position with a far better pay than First Bank was offering. You need to be patient with them there recruitment process has to be one of the slowest in the world, but they are a good organisation to work for particularly if your grade is Senior Manager upwards. I am also a returnee like you having spent 18 years working in UK and Europe for banks as an Oracle DBA and later crossed into Strategic Management working in local government in UK.
For Nigerians in diaspora thinking of relocating, though it is not for everyone you must be convinced that you are prepared to face the challenges of motherland, the opportunities are here and yes there is a slowdown in the economy presently it wont be for ever and the boom years will return albeit on a more controlled level.
Age must not be a barrier i made my move in 2007, 4 months before my 40th birthday in January 2008 and did not get my present job until November last year but eh those 16 months for me was a learning period particularly because i was engaged in private business to keep body and soul together and also maintain my family and mortgages in UK, a friend of mine relocated from Houston after 25years in USA he started working for CHAMS a leading IT firm in January and he is very well paid and guess his age? 48 years young. What i am saying in effect is that if you have it in mind to come dont think you are too young or old one of my ED's in my bank is 37 years old. The more diasporans we have in the system the better for the country in my opinion we can bring our knowledge of several years abroad home to cobine with the excellent home grown skills and together we have a virile country.

1 Like

Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by sMilA(m): 2:17pm On Apr 07, 2009
Firstbank, firstbank, firstbank(i'm shaking mhead)pls call chic bella
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by Obonbo: 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
[b][/b][i][/i] smiley cheesy be strong girl, they'll come thru & welcome bak
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by Abasido: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2009
I chic bella, we have nearly the same profile, finished my MBA and worked in US too and did the First Bank Interview for experienced staff in March. Can we interact offline, and share links?
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by chicbella(f): 10:25pm On Apr 07, 2009
ISUOMO: Thank you so much , i was so encouraged by your comments. Thanks and God bless, i will not fail to let you know once i start working. Things are really different here, and some of the things we take for granted abroad are such a big deal here, i am still happy to be back, its been a great learning experience. In the meantime i try to keep my self busy doing business (i opened a small business center to keep busy) but the electricity situation is crazy. The cost of diesel eats deep into the profit. Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

SMILA: You didn't say why you're shaking your head at first bank. You also didn't also  leave a contact number but I'll you send an email right away. Thanks.

ABADISO: You didn't leave a contact number or email.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by Wisdomxy(m): 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2009
I was reliably been informed today that First Bank Nigeria Plc has concluded a merger agreement with Ecobank Transnational to become FIRSTECOBANK to become the most capitalised bank in Africa. This when achieved is a highly welcome development. Nigerians will be able to keep their funds somewhere and go to sleep.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by venturesC(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2009
THEY WILL AND NORMALLY CALLS IN TWO MONTHS TIME

CARLOS VENTURES
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by Abasido: 10:14am On Apr 09, 2009
Hi Chica Bella, what is ur email addy, need to ask you some questions
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by darqly(m): 3:29pm On Apr 09, 2009
Ah, de good ol elephant is scooping talented experienced hands; question is, "Can they keep you?"
It's a good place to work, gather experience and garner pedigree for your resume, but unless they streamline MOST of their processes, they're gonna keep trailing despite their size.

I left cos their HR thot I was just a number, therefore expendable. I see myself crossing back in the not-too distant future, but that's another tale!!

Wish you all the best, !!
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by HolyMikel(m): 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ da poster,
Is it the global wahala dat brought back to Nigeria? because, to me, coming back to apply to 'First Bank' is not a promotion.
Well, if ur story is true, I think First Bank will get back to u within 2 months since u are an experienced applicant.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by chicbella(f): 9:26am On Apr 10, 2009
Holymikel, i lost my husband and couldnt cope with 4 children aged between 9yrs and 2yrs all on my own. There is nothing to lie about my dear. I actually prefer to live in nigeria where i have alot of love and family support. And no i completely disagree with u, u probably havent been abroad before or else why would you say applying to work for 1st bank is not a promotion. I want to refer you back to Isuomo on my thread, read what he had to say. I really dont know why and how nigerians get the impression that living abroad is the answer. I am happy to be back here, and yes i want to work for 1st bank. Thaks for letting me know how long it takes them to applicants, that was all i really wanted and not you judging whether am lying or not.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by hotchic1(f): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2009
I think first bank is calling people now, I have a friend who got an email from them about two days ago saying the details of the venue will be sent to him on his mobile.
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
isuomo:
I waited 7 months before they came back to me with a start date but thankfully another bank offered me an AGM position with a far better pay than First Bank was offering. You need to be patient with them there recruitment process has to be one of the slowest in the world, but they are a good organisation to work for particularly if your grade is Senior Manager upwards. I am also a returnee like you having spent 18 years working in UK and Europe for banks as an Oracle DBA and later crossed into Strategic Management working in local government in UK.
For Nigerians in diaspora thinking of relocating, though it is not for everyone you must be convinced that you are prepared to face the challenges of motherland, the opportunities are here and yes there is a slowdown in the economy presently it wont be for ever and the boom years will return albeit on a more controlled level.
Age must not be a barrier i made my move in 2007, 4 months before my 40th birthday in January 2008 and did not get my present job until November last year but eh those 16 months for me was a learning period particularly because i was engaged in private business to keep body and soul together and also maintain my family and mortgages in UK, a friend of mine relocated from Houston after 25years in USA he started working for CHAMS a leading IT firm in January and he is very well paid and guess his age? 48 years young. What i am saying in effect is that if you have it in mind to come dont think you are too young or old one of my ED's in my bank is 37 years old. The more diasporans we have in the system the better for the country in my opinion we can bring our knowledge of several years abroad home to cobine with the excellent home grown skills and together we have a virile country.
Hmmm complaining of bad economy and slowest recruitment at FBN as far back as 2009...getting more bad
Re: After First Bank Interview: When Will They Call? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
chicbella:
Holymikel, i lost my husband and couldnt cope with 4 children aged between 9yrs and 2yrs all on my own. There is nothing to lie about my dear. I actually prefer to live in nigeria where i have alot of love and family support. And no i completely disagree with u, u probably havent been abroad before or else why would you say applying to work for 1st bank is not a promotion. I want to refer you back to Isuomo on my thread, read what he had to say. I really dont know why and how nigerians get the impression that living abroad is the answer. I am happy to be back here, and yes i want to work for 1st bank. Thaks for letting me know how long it takes them to applicants, that was all i really wanted and not you judging whether am lying or not.
I'm happy to read this thread Ooo far back 2009...hope you are doing well ma. Your homeboy here needs help too

(1) (Reply)

Big Salary Scale At Civil Defence ? Vacancies / Grooming Mfi Offer Letter Or Quit / Graduate Hotel Receptionist For #10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.