Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

5 Best Wordpress Custom Post Type You Should Know - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Best Wordpress Custom Post Type You Should Know (962 Views)

4 Best Wordpress Security Plugins For Wordpress Users In 2017 / 8 Best Wordpress Tools And SEO Plugins For Your Website / Wordpress Custom Login Url For Better Security (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Wordpress Custom Post Type You Should Know by dalexz4(m): 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ever wondered how they are made & why they look so difference than the typical blog posts?
Welcome to the world of WordPress custom post type. A fresh installation of WordPress comes with some default post types; they are –

Posts,
Pages,
Menu Items,
Attachments,
Links, etc.

Besides these regular post types, WordPress also allows you to add content in your own type. This custom content type is called ‘Custom Post Types.’ You can use custom post types to add different types of content like product review, recipe, testimonial, team member, etc.

Why Should You Use Custom Post Types?
I am sure some of you are thinking why the hell should I bother with this thing; I have got plenty on my plate already!
Well, if you are content with what you have, that’s okay. But what if you want more? What if you want to add more information in your posts in a structured way?
Let me give you an example before it gets too complicated. Let’s say, you are creating a recipe website. Unless you have chosen a premium theme that comes with a dedicated recipe post type, how will you add new recipes to your site?
Use the regular posts?
That’s one way to do it. But using a custom post type for the recipe will let you add ingredients, steps, time, user review, image gallery, etc. You can also create a dedicated area for the custom post types. Now that’s something useful, right?
#SPYLINKZ
READ MORE HERE:
http://spylinkz..com/2015/09/5-best-wordpress-custom-post-type-you.html
Re: 5 Best Wordpress Custom Post Type You Should Know by dalexz4(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
dalexz4:
Ever wondered how they are made & why they look so difference than the typical blog posts?
Welcome to the world of WordPress custom post type. A fresh installation of WordPress comes with some default post types; they are –

Posts,
Pages,
Menu Items,
Attachments,
Links, etc.

Besides these regular post types, WordPress also allows you to add content in your own type. This custom content type is called ‘Custom Post Types.’ You can use custom post types to add different types of content like product review, recipe, testimonial, team member, etc.

Why Should You Use Custom Post Types?
I am sure some of you are thinking why the hell should I bother with this thing; I have got plenty on my plate already!
Well, if you are content with what you have, that’s okay. But what if you want more? What if you want to add more information in your posts in a structured way?
Let me give you an example before it gets too complicated. Let’s say, you are creating a recipe website. Unless you have chosen a premium theme that comes with a dedicated recipe post type, how will you add new recipes to your site?
Use the regular posts?
That’s one way to do it. But using a custom post type for the recipe will let you add ingredients, steps, time, user review, image gallery, etc. You can also create a dedicated area for the custom post types. Now that’s something useful, right?
#SPYLINKZ
READ MORE HERE:
http://spylinkz..com/2015/09/5-best-wordpress-custom-post-type-you.html

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I integrate Online Payment Into My Website. / Website Guru Developer Needed Urgently / Design And Develop Your Website At Your Pocket Cost With Us Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.