Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,889 members, 7,851,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:20 AM

Please Read !!!!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Read !!!!!!! (1198 Views)

Please, I Am Suicidal Please Read And Advise Me . This Is A Serious Post / Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. / Warning: The Horrible Effects Of New Birth Control Pills (everyone, Please Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read !!!!!!! by lexicon(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Most times when we walk into big malls, boutiques, supermarkets, we never question their prices. We pay exactly what we see on the price tags and even hand out tips to the staff.
But the moment we are out of these shops and want to buy banana, our bargaining game gets off to the roof. Poor widow with 12 hungry children at home tells you banana is N100. She even takes out her time to explain how difficult it was for her to even buy it, how the economy is so tough.
But we insist that if it's not N50, we are not paying. Some of us even step back into our cars and make to drive away. But because 'half bread is better chin chin', this woman is forced to call you back and sell to you at little or no gain. In her heart, she cries, she's worried about how she'll survive with her children. She silently reassures herself that 'It's well.
God will definitely provide.'' While you happily chop the luscious banana. Take some seconds out and think about this, guys. Please don't bargain hard with small vendors like this. They do business not to buy designer bags, Gucci shoes but to LIVE and EAT!
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by dapsoneh: 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Seriously, av thought of it once buy thhen, the reality was dawned on me wen I realised everybody will want to form and wldnt want to be embarrassed. But on lighter note, we shld price it
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by lanrehamd: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
on point ops. !!!

1 Like

Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by 1miccza: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
This is one of the reasons why as a man i hate bargaining too much..I'll make my mind up and if it isn't what i want i'll zoom off...
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by lexicon(m): 3:40am On Sep 11, 2015
dapsoneh:
Seriously, av thought of it once buy thhen, the reality was dawned on me wen I realised everybody will want to form and wldnt want to be embarrassed. But on lighter note, we shld price it

Yes we should price it but be considerate
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by nzgal: 4:25am On Sep 11, 2015
Why should she have 12 children and then expect my hard earned cash to feed them? Just wondering undecided
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 4:39am On Sep 11, 2015
nzgal:
Why should she have 12 children and then expect my hard earned cash to feed them? Just wondering undecided

Did you comprehend the write up?

Your "hard earned cash" is not feeding her children!!

She is offering you a service for money.

Its called trading not begging!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by nzgal: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Did you comprehend the write up?

Your "hard earned cash" is not feeding her children!!

She is offering you a service for money.

Its called trading not begging!!!

That service she would immediately hike the price of the goods when she sees that I'm dressed flashily or that I drive big motor come.

Personally, I buy from the open markets and I have customers. If you've not been cheated by these women before, your eye never open. Even your customer can cheat you, so know the price.
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by nzgal: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2015
My fruit seller gave birth early this year, she had a baby early last year. She opened up to me because I jokingly told her that her stomach was getting bigger. Now she has six kids, the first girl is entering jss 2 this september. I spoke to her about family planning, I got mine almost free in general hospital. She's not concerned about price, she is concerned that the procedure would mess up her cycle and she would become barren. And when I discussed my concerns about how she would cope, she said "God will provide".

I buy from her because it is convenient, near my home, so I don't expect it to be cheap. And yes, I dash her change sometimes. Her shop is a "shack". She also sells wholesale so she travels once a week on open back trucks to get her wares. If she did not have so many kids in this era, maybe she would not have to cyr so much like the op said.

lexicon:
But because 'half bread is better chin chin', this woman is forced to call you back and sell to you at little or no gain. In her heart, she cries, she's worried about how she'll survive with her children. She silently reassures herself that 'It's well.
God will definitely provide.''

I just get annoyed when I see women like this. I talk to some of them, but still wondering why they don't change their mentality.
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by lexicon(m): 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
nzgal:

You are right but u need to overlook all that and assume its part of your social responsibilities or "duty of care"
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by gidjah(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
'God Go Privide'!
Re: Please Read !!!!!!! by lexicon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
gidjah:
'God Go Privide'!

Amen

(1) (Reply)

I Witnessed This Live And Direct / Today Is my Son Birthday, Please Celebrate Him / The Suicidal Schizophrenic Genius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.