Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada (2857 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by willyblue: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
Pls someone help me as i just joined nairaland today and i need some information...
I'm currently living in UK.I have a girlfriend and she's canadian.We have been dating for 1yr and we both live together.We are planning of getting married in January.We have all our letters coming to thesame addres.She is going back to Canada in june next year and i am returning back to Nigeria.I want to apply for a spousal visa to Canada once i arrived Nigeria.Can someone please tell me how long the whole process will take and if i need an IELTS exam?
Thanks
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by pansophist(m): 10:04am On Sep 11, 2015
I pressume the both of you would have been cohabiting at the same address for a period of one year at least, you might choose to immigrate as her common-law partner if you can documentarily proof it. Getting married to a Canadian is no longer the sine qua non in documenting an existential relationship.

Partners of Canadian citizens dont need to pass a proficiency test, you are exempted from this requirement. If possible, its advisable you apply for your spousal visa in UK, the processing time is faster there compare to Ghana.
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by willyblue: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks a lot for the information...We have been living together in the same address for a year now,The problem is, i was married to a british woman and i actually came to Uk on a spouse visa but the relationship didn't work out and my visa has expired here..I'm currently on an appeal process but I don't care anymore about UK.I'm currently doing my divorce and once it goes through i will go to Nigeria in January to marry my Canadian wife.
I'm 37 and she's 21..Will the age difference affect my application and if i have all neccessary proof,would the application be approved and what's the time limit?
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by pansophist(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
The age difference should not be an impediment, although it might calls for suspicion if the age gap is ''gender reversed''. In as much as your relationship is genuine with verifiable proof, all should be fine.

Denying you of the privileges confered to spouses of Canadian citizens should not be determined by an assumption that the relationship is sham. The necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges, and your age difference should not constitute a reason for that.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by willyblue: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thank you for the information and many thanks to nairaland
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by willyblue: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
I'm really sorry to bother you.One last thing,How long do you think the process will take,I'm i looking at 1yr or more before i get the visa?
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by pansophist(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:19am On Sep 12, 2015
Once u provide all the documents I clung police report including for UK since u lived there nd medical.medical . report from a a hospital they Cic uses, in less than 8 months u should be in Canada
Re: Advice On Spouse Visa To Canada by willyblue: 10:25am On Sep 12, 2015
Thanks so much for the information..Bless

(1) (Reply)

1930 Commercial Sea Planes, What The Business Class Looks Like(Photos) / Salvation Army Bus Travelling From Lagos To Akwa-ibom Involved In A Fatal Accide / Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.