Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,954 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes (1793 Views)

Peter Okoye ( P-square ) Vs Destiny Boy - Who Is The Best Dancer? / Funny Reactions on twitter trails Soundcity MVP Awards / P Square Vs Soundcitytv : @soundcitytv Responds To Jude. Re: Don’t Be A Judas, J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 11:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
So the P-square-S/City beef was exposed today. And we discovered SoundCity hasn't been playing P-square's songs because P-square asked to be paid to perform at their concert. Much to my chagrin, there were many misinformed comments stating that P-square ought to have performed for free cuz when they were upcoming artistes, Soundcity gave them a platform. What do these people know about upcoming artistes? Who told them these music and radio stations play songs for free? Those stations will only sample your song and give you airtime after parting with a sum(and no be small kudi), go and ask upcoming artistes, NO RADIO OR TV STATION gives free airtime to the new guys. So, after I've hustled and paid to have my song aired, I'm lucky enough that people like it, I get popular and then tomorrow, one secretary who doesn't know a quarter of what I went through, will call me an ingrate cuz I asked to be paid for a performance? If P-square starts doing free performance for everyone who helped them blow, they'll go broke faster than you can say 'E NO EASY'. NOBODY puts silly sentiments in business unless you want to be out. P-Square performs in at least 15 countries each year, those countries don't even have SoundCity. SoundCity did NOT introduce P-Square to the world, so it's foolish to attribute their success to them. P-square were popular in Nigeria before SoundCity even started, so who are they to seek freebies? Who dem give platform? So, what will P-square do for platforms like Youtube, what will they do for MTV? Where was SoundCity when Primetime Africa was hyping these artistes? Have Keke and D1 asked anyone for free performance? Is SCity international? Nobody should expect artistes to perform for free even for their family members. Na from there dem dey chop, SoundCity were just looking to capitalise. This is a channel that is barely surviving, their picture quality is trash, they don't have interesting shows, they don't do any promos for viewers and they certainly don't organise free concerts, yet they want artistes to perform for free? If that's not greed, I don't know what is. PS: Apologies for the join-join write-up, na symbian phone I dey use

5 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
tell them ooo...you have said it all!!!you are absolutely correct....I did not even know that soundcity stopped playing their songs,I don't watch soundcity....my favourite music channels are hip TV and MTV base...

2 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Airforce1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
hhmm
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by crazygod(m): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
I'm not a fan of p-square, dnt even see what the hullabaloo in their music. But in this case, sound city goofed big time. They will play all ready made stars music for free and charge upcoming artists thru their nose. Cos I think p-square had already blew up b4 sound city started sef.
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by crazygod(m): 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
I'm not a fan of p-square, dnt even see what the hullabaloo in their music. But in this case, sound city goofed big time. They will play all ready made stars music for free and charge upcoming artists thru their nose (if u see wetin dem charge me eh). Cos I think p-square had already blew up b4 sound city started sef. I'll even say p-square made sound city popular and not the other way around
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Relax big sis, there is still more to this than you think, the information passed to us are the ones they feel we ought to know but moreover i see no reason diving into an individual choice's of life style.. They both know what they want...So don't pick sides with the little info you have on the wrangle.. Don't waste your time on a beef long going that was made public today..
Its high time these celebrities know they need us more than we do need them.. Ignoring their rant's will make no room for more rant's.. That's y i keep respecting donjazzy's maturity...

1 Like

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 1:15am On Sep 11, 2015
tochilyn:
Relax big sis, there is still more to this than you think, the information passed to us are the ones they feel we ought to know but moreover i see no reason diving into an individual choice's of life style.. They both know what they want...So don't pick sides with the little info you have on the wrangle.. Don't waste your time on a beef long going that was made public today..
Its high time these celebrities know they need us more than we do need them.. Ignoring their rant's will make no room for more rant's.. That's y i keep respecting donjazzy's maturity...
I'm not going to ignore their rants. This is clear as day. Do you know that in America, artistes get paid royalties by tv and radio stations that play their songs? As in, even when you retire, dem go still dey pay you. P-square aren't paid a dime for airplay and dem no dey talk, now people expect them to perform for free? Nigerians like abusing privileges. You will never understand P-square's angle if you aren't into creative arts. This is how people's ideas are abused in this country. And you easily forget that Don Jazzy has had his own ranting session when he accused Wande Coal of stealing his song. Everybody must rant cuz the abuse is too much

2 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 1:28am On Sep 11, 2015
wakacome:
tell them ooo...you have said it all!!!you are absolutely correct....I did not even know that soundcity stopped playing their songs,I don't watch soundcity....my favourite music channels are hip TV and MTV base...
even the picture quality is an eye-sore. MTvBase, Trace and HipTv are preferable, SoundCity is even worse than ChannelO

3 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 11, 2015
safarigirl:
even the picture quality is an eye-sore. MTvBase, Trace and HipTv are preferable, SoundCity is even worse than ChannelO
Of course....their presenters sef go com still dey fake accent.....so pathetic...grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm not going to ignore their rants. This is clear as day. Do you know that in America, artistes get paid royalties by tv and radio stations that play their songs? As in, even when you retire, dem go still dey pay you. P-square aren't paid a dime for airplay and dem no dey talk, now people expect them to perform for free? Nigerians like abusing privileges. You will never understand P-square's angle if you aren't into creative arts. This is how people's ideas are abused in this country. And you easily forget that Don Jazzy has had his own ranting session when he accused Wande Coal of stealing his song. Everybody must rant cuz the abuse is too much
well just answer this question; is this worth your time?,if yes shalom to you as more rants are ahead of you.. American is america and till we get to their standard, sis enjoy our nigeria with your best of effort to make it better stop the comparison's..
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by lalaboi(m): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2015
Seems you already pitched your tent with P-Square lol. .

Try and space up your post when you can tho. it was a pain to read.

What i think?

Sound city expected too much. . . P-Square or should i say Jude was arrogant. There are several ways to reject an offer without sounding very unproffessional

1 Like

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 10:01am On Sep 11, 2015
lalaboi:
Seems you already pitched your tent with P-Square lol. .

Try and space up your post when you can tho. it was a pain to read.

What i think?

Sound city expected too much. . . P-Square or should i say Jude was arrogant. There are several ways to reject an offer without sounding very unproffessional
you no see where I apologise? I can't space it cuz the phone I'm using is not a smart phone, it does not have spacing ability.

1 Like

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2015
tochilyn:
well just answer this question; is this worth your time?,if yes shalom to you as more rants are ahead of you.. American is america and till we get to their standard, sis enjoy our nigeria with your best of effort to make it better stop the comparison's..
America got to where America is because people were concerned enough to rant. You will never know who is reading your rants or what impact they can make. You do this country a dis-service when you keep silent. You may think this isn't your problem, but I'm sure you have many problems to rant about, remain silent in the midst of injustice and lawlessness

3 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by GIYAZZ(m): 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
WOW!
Safarigirl, will you marry me? cheesy

1 Like

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
safarigirl:
America got to where America is because people were concerned enough to rant. You will never know who is reading your rants or what impact they can make. You do this country a dis-service when you keep silent. You may think this isn't your problem, but I'm sure you have many problems to rant about, remain silent in the midst of injustice and lawlessness
keep ranting my dear if its worth your time, I don't rant where i can't act..Ranting on another one's headache is not my thing..
Regards..
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
tochilyn:
keep ranting my dear if its worth your time, I don't rant where i can't act..Ranting on another one's headache is not my thing..
Regards..
ranting is an action under basic English, but you may not know. APC was ranting until they won the Presidency and this field is one in which I have interests, so it concerns me. Regards to you as well

3 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
safarigirl:
ranting is an action under basic English, but you may not know. APC was ranting until they won the Presidency and this field is one in which I have interests, so it concerns me. Regards to you as well
Rants =words, acting= doing..
Apc acted not empty rant's but isorite continue...
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by sameolg616(m): 4:49am On Sep 12, 2015
atimes u people talk like illiterates...get ur facts before u come here and write jargons..
if truly,p-square claimed soundcity requested them to play for free...u can use social media now to investigate then u conclude..
here is what soundcity wrote:
We suggest rather than you wanting to ‘create’ a union in ‘we artiste’…you should speak and deal with your group squarely. NOBODY ever asked for your group to perform for FREE, only that we asked for a reasonable performance fee. You wanted to charge 10 or 12 Million or so. We are glad that a lot of artistes came through and yes; they played to their fans at the free event, for free.
we shd support our own atimes...and in abroad,some artistes may provide "charitable" services in honor of what a particular station has done for them in the past....it doesnt mean like its free,the station may provide accommodation,transportation,security but not pay them for appearance fees..thats love!
do u think that magazine(thisday) that actually brought all those american stars(rihanna,kelly rowlnd,snoop,diddy,beyonce...) over 2days can actually afford to pay them if rightly billed?i think there is sometin sweet he tell them that makes them forfeit some charges(pls come help fight poverty by just appearing)...yet it cant be free..
Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by safarigirl(f): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
sameolg616:
atimes u people talk like illiterates...get ur facts before u come here and write jargons..
if truly,p-square claimed soundcity requested them to play for free...u can use social media now to investigate then u conclude..
here is what soundcity wrote:
We suggest rather than you wanting to ‘create’ a union in ‘we artiste’…you should speak and deal with your group squarely. NOBODY ever asked for your group to perform for FREE, only that we asked for a reasonable performance fee. You wanted to charge 10 or 12 Million or so. We are glad that a lot of artistes came through and yes; they played to their fans at the free event, for free.
we shd support our own atimes...and in abroad,some artistes may provide "charitable" services in honor of what a particular station has done for them in the past....it doesnt mean like its free,the station may provide accommodation,transportation,security but not pay them for appearance fees..thats love!
do u think that magazine(thisday) that actually brought all those american stars(rihanna,kelly rowlnd,snoop,diddy,beyonce...) over 2days can actually afford to pay them if rightly billed?i think there is sometin sweet he tell them that makes them forfeit some charges(pls come help fight poverty by just appearing)...yet it cant be free..
first off, this post was written before Soundcity's reply. Secondly, who told you P-square hasn't done 'charitable' performances? They did one for a radio station in Anambra 3 years ago. If artistes must do charitable performances, it's surely not for an established station like SoundCity, and it is terribly petty and unprofessional to stop playing an artiste's music cuz they refused to do 'charity' for you. Thank God for sensible stations like MTVBase and Trace that don't go about seeking charity performances

2 Likes

Re: P-square VS Soundcity & Upcoming Artistes by Lordabas: 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lalasticlala fp!

(1) (Reply)

Akpororo Airtel Ambassador Mocks MTN / Sobbing Profusely. OMG! This Isn't True / Dr.sid, Daughter And Wife In Lovely New Year Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.