Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? (1413 Views)

Why You Should Always Switch Off Your Phone Before Removing the battery / Why You Should Always Shut Down Your Phone Before Removing The Battery / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2015
Lately my brother received an impromptu message from mtn which am sure most mtn subscribers also received that; he should re-register his Sim as inability todo so might leads to deactivation of his Line.
Without beating around the bush, he did the registration and was told the sim will be okay after some specific time. After the time given, he checked his sim but the result was still the same as before he did the reg ("Insert SIM Card"wink on his phone. He went back two times and was told that nothing is wrong with the sim from their side since he had did the necessary registration.
After coming back home the 3rd time, he insert his sim card into my phone and the sim works! I dialed a number, check account balance and everything was okay. Now back to his phone, the sim went back to his "Not Working Mode". After testing with different device, it was deduce that the sim works on some phone but not working on some. "WHAT KINDA OF SIM IS THAT? I thought to myself

NOW my brother don buy another small phone so e fit dey use am but the sim still no gree work for the phone, wetin fit cause this. My brother and Sister wey sabi, abeg your suggestion and idea.
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by ladyF(f): 7:05am On Sep 12, 2015
Try putting another sim in that fone. Maybe the problem was with the fone
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Swaggzkid: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Wait Lemme consult amadiora
grin
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Melahou(m): 7:07am On Sep 12, 2015
The sim has been infected by a virus called modullla spiral Lee virus...

It's a real sim virus and it can be dealt with tho
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by gbenga4my(m): 7:11am On Sep 12, 2015
Tuham:
Lately my brother received an impromptu message from mtn which am sure most mtn subscribers also received that; he should re-register his Sim as inability todo so might leads to deactivation of his Line.
Without beating around the bush, he did the registration and was told the sim will be okay after some specific time. After the time given, he checked his sim but the result was still the same as before he did the reg ("Insert SIM Card"wink on his phone. He went back two times and was told that nothing is wrong with the sim from their side since he had did the necessary registration.
After coming back home the 3rd time, he insert his sim card into my phone and the sim works! I dialed a number, check account balance and everything was okay. Now back to his phone, the sim went back to his "Not Working Mode". After testing with different device, it was deduce that the sim works on some phone but not working on some. "WHAT KINDA OF SIM IS THAT? I thought to myself

NOW my brother don buy another small phone so e fit dey use am but the sim still no gree work for the phone, wetin fit cause this. My brother and Sister wey sabi, abeg your suggestion and idea.
Do a welcome back
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
ladyF:
Try putting another sim in that fone. Maybe the problem was with the fone
My brother did that and the Sim works in some phones and doesn't work on some.
Kinda of selecting phone
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
Swaggzkid:
Wait Lemme consult amadiora

grin

Waiting... don't just be long
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
Melahou:
The sim has been infected by a virus called modullla spiral Lee virus...

It's a real sim virus and it can be dealt with tho
What! For real?
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
gbenga4my:

Do a welcome back
He already went for that and they told him since the sim is working fine, he needn't not to do so.
Maybe he'll have to go back and insist.
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by gbenga4my(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tuham:

He already went for that and they told him since the sim is working fine, he needn't not to do so.
Maybe he'll have to go back and insist.
Don't mind those customer care representative dey knw ntn. Welcome bck is the best bet for such case
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by zenith4biz(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Use erasEr to clean the sim micro chip and insert again
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
gbenga4my:

Don't mind those customer care representative dey knw ntn. Welcome bck is the best bet for such case
Thanks bro. I think thats the best option
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by femi4: 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
Tuham:

Thanks bro. I think thats the best option
Don't tell them you have a working SIM.
Tell them your phone was stolen
Re: MTN SIM Selecting Phone Before It Works, Has This Happened To You? Any Solution? by Caleb5: 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
.....! @O.P, I also have same issue. The best bet is to do the welcome back /Sim swap!.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Stop Annoying SMS And Calls On MTN & Etisalat With Do-not-disturb / Code For Shearing Data / Compulsory Whatsapp privacy Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.