Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down (542 Views)

A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) / Australian Police Python Photo Breaks The Internet / Pakistan, India Clash Over Detained Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down by information1: 2:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
llegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Very Sick, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down
Popular Nigerian blogger, Chris Kehinde Nwandu popularly known as CKN, who is being illegally detained in Ikoyi maximum prisons for republishing a purportedly libellous story is very sick after being denied bail three times, his wife said in a heartbreaking message on Friday.
The blogger, who did not murder anyone, is accused of being an accomplice to defamation under the Cybercrime Act for posting a story on his wall written by a blogger accusing the Managing Director of Fidelity Bank of infidelity.He has been in detention since last week and has reportedly been denied bail three times.
“Why is he being denied bail? In whose interest is it that he remains in detention ad infinitum? Something is seriously wrong here. We should not keep quiet on this,” asked Nigerian journalist Nnamdi Okosieme.
Here’s his wife account of his ordeal below as posted by Mr. Okosieme on Facebook.
“My husband’s right to bail and due process of the law is being abused by the Police at FSU. He has a right to face his accusers in the court and defend himself from the allegations. He appeared three times before the honorable Judge Muhammad Yunusa; each time he was denied bail without reasons. He is being charged with “accomplice to defamation” because he reposted a story of alleged affairs and infidelity involving the MD of Fidelity Bank of Nigeria. Yesterday was the third time my husband’s bail application was postponed.
My husband is now very sick at the Ikoyi prison due to the unhealthy and inhuman condition of the prison. His life is continuously under threat and harassment in prison. I am pleading to Nigeria’s Human Rights organizations, the Nigerian Bar Association, Nigerian Union of Journalists, the National Human Rights Commission and Nigerians and world leaders and media organizations to help me seek bail for my husband. If he has been charged with any crime, he should not be in Jail, he should be given his due process and let justice prevail.
Please Justice Muhammad Yunusa, let my husband be bailed out so that he would face the charges in court of law, not in Prison. He is innocent until proven guilty.

PLEASE SET MY HUSBAND FREE. ALLOW DUE PROCESS OF THE LAW.
GRANT MY HUSBAND and Colleague BAIL NOW

Spread this message to all..
https://informationengine./2015/09/12/llegally-detained-nigerian-blogger-ckn-very-sick-denied-bail-3-times-wife-breaks-down/

Re: Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down by Zzyco: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2015
Re: Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down by jWondax(m): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
If dem like make dem prison all bloggers #NotGonnaStopBlogging
Re: Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down by osile2012: 11:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
I want to feel sorry for him, but at the other time, why joke with another mans marriage and even the banks image as well? Carry your blog cross bro. Atleast u will have alot to blog about if u eventually get out of this grin grin grin
Re: Ilegally Detained Nigerian Blogger, CKN, Denied Bail 3 Times, Wife Breaks Down by cyprus000: 3:43am On Sep 13, 2015
[size=13pt]I don't know why. I don't feel atom of pity for bloggers.

Those guyz can reck someone's life within a split second.
[/size]

(1) (Reply)

CBN To Monitor States, Abia, Niger, Ondo, Five Others Get Bailout Funds / Expert Says The World Could End Next Week. See Date.... / Usher And Manager Grace Miguel Secretly Marry, Jet Off To Cuba For Honeymoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.