Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,857 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

If You Learn Your Spouse Is Planning To Divorce You, What Step Will You Take? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / If You Learn Your Spouse Is Planning To Divorce You, What Step Will You Take? (820 Views)

Single&searching... For Matured Mind Only.. Your Spouse Is Waiting. / 2024!! Marriages For Working Class: Drop Your Contact And Get Your Spouse Now. / Get Your Spouse In/around Port-harcourt:( Working Class Only) Drop Your Contact. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Learn Your Spouse Is Planning To Divorce You, What Step Will You Take? by Empredboy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
As there are positive surprises in marriage, so are there negative surprises. A man
recently shared with Saturday PUNCH he once sent a text message to his wife,
threatening to divorce her for some particular reason. Seeing the text, the woman
began calling friends and family to plead on her behalf and the issue was resolved.
Some Nigerians shared how they would react to the issue
I will make amends
Success Abili
Probably I offended him and he wanted to use that to punish me, I will beg him. It is
not good for a man to be angry to the point of planning to divorce his wife without
letting her know. If he is responsible, he would let me know my offences, thereby
giving me a chance to plead with him. In marriage, there should always be room for
making amends. It is not enough for a man to say ‘I forgave her yesterday, I forgave
her today, I can’t forgive her tomorrow.’ My husband and I cannot have the same
character, so he must be ready to forgive me at all times and not be thinking of
divorce.
I’d keep quiet
Asagade Tomilola
There is a Bible passage that says, “The heart of man is desperately wicked, who can
know it?” This issue just makes me to remember that men will forever remain men.
They can do the things you can’t even imagine, just like this one. What will it cost him
if he tells me what I did wrong and what I should have done? Perhaps he has seen
another lady to deceive, that’s why he’s planning that divorce. It’s even good to know
early as it will reduce the shock of knowing later.
He’s not serious
Ebube Glory
It shows how evil and immature some men could be. I could as well be thinking of
divorce if he offends me, but because in marriage, you have to give up your ego, that is
why I would never think of such a thing. Marriage works better when we are both
willing to make it work. By the time my husband is planning to divorce me and I hear of
it, it can make me feel depressed. If he insists after much plea that he wants to go, I
will leave him. It shows he’s not serious about marriage yet.
Perhaps I’ve offended him, I’ll beg
Dike Blessing
Misunderstanding is bound to occur in every marriage, but like the proverbial saying
that you cannot relieve yourself of headache by cutting your head off, it is also not
good for my husband to be planning such a thing behind me due to our differences. If
he could tell me my offences, I will gladly beg him to forgive me for the sake of our
children.
If he wants, let him go
Ruth Ovie
Some men just want women to be at their mercy everytime and I don’t understand why.
They have so much ego that they believe they can do and undo. Why should a man
subject his wife to unnecessary high blood pressure by planning such a thing behind
her? He could have told his wife her sins and seek for ways to reconcile rather than
making her to lick his toes. Of course, I don’t support divorce, but if any man wants to
go because he cannot continue with the relationship, let him go. Moreover, if he stays,
he could be cheating on me. So why don’t I let him go?
Confirmation is needed
Nathan Emmanuel
She wants to surprise me, but I will be the one to surprise her by not reacting to the
information. From the day I learn about it, I will watch her actions very well just to
confirm I’ve not heard rumour about the divorce thing. There are some bad people out
there who are bent on destroying other people’s homes, so they peddle rumours here
and there. I wouldn’t let them have me as their subject. If I’ve offended my spouse, I’ll
beg her and we’ll continue our love life.
I’d inform her parents
Olamide Abeeb
I am not a man who believes in reporting to my parents-in-law every offence my wife
commits against me. That’s what feeble-minded men do. But in this case, I think I have
to let them know. They are her parents and they will probably be better at calling her
to order than I do. As parents, they could call her at once to appear before them and
also call me too so we could meet one-on-one and talk about it. Parents have a way of
resolving misunderstandings among couples.
I’d remind her of our children
Bolakanle Moses
Women are naturally emotionally attached to their children; of course, men also do. I
love my children same way as my wife. So if any plan of divorce comes up, I would
approach her to remind her of how long we’d spent in the marriage. I would remind her
of how we started our love affair, our plans and the future we’d both dreamed of for
our children. I know a woman whose heart is not stony would stay when she’s
reminded of all these.
I’d ask her reasons for that action
Fammeya Yelebe
No good woman will do that to her husband. I must have offended her greatly, agreed!
But divorce is never a solution in many cases of differences among couples. Because I
don’t want to give up on her, I would have to swallow my ego and prostrate for her, if
that’s what she wants to stay in the marriage. I know she would be surprised where I
heard about her plan. I’d promise to love her more and pacify her. She will stay if I do
all these.
I’m not going to beg her
Matthew Solomon
Some women could be very funny, though. Why should she go behind me to file for
divorce? What could I have done? Anyway, as much as I believe in dialogue and
resolving personal affairs outside the court, if she is adamant about leaving me, I will
not beg her. It is not pride, but sometimes it is good to allow people to be. Maybe she
will find someone better than me in the long run.
Re: If You Learn Your Spouse Is Planning To Divorce You, What Step Will You Take? by adedayourt(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
dvrce her 1st b4 she succed in dvrcin me

(1) (Reply)

Portharcourt Bayelsa Lets Hook Up Here / hello / Ota Hook Ups!... Lets Meet Here!....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.