Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,316 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. (857 Views)

Which Is More Powerful Between The Camon CX And Camon CM? / Iphone 8 Allegedly Runs Geekbench, More Powerful Than Galaxy S8 / MTN 4G LTE - The Biggest Scam Of The Century (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by ibawon(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
Actually this is my first thread on nairaland,I and a Brother resulted to this argument or debate. And I never knew where to post this issue
MASS MEDIA: Being a Science student, I've always believed that Science is the key to every thing, which I still believe but seeing things as they do look in this time of the world. I see that the MEDIA has greatly influenced the world by manipulating true facts and hiding real information.
This are the people that actually tell us A is A and B is B, and they are also the one's that can actually Change A to B and B to A. Sitting to think about this they show you want they want you believe, they show you want they do not want you to believe, they define our life style by convincing us what is in trend.
Just last night I watched a video about Edward Snowden (not sure about the spelling,please Google about him)talking about the truth on CIA, ISIS and 9/11 and what he said American Media wants us to belive by showing us things to manipulate our ideas and behavior without we knowing and also a Documentary about Mermaids and the findings on them which was not publicly aired. The true case of Martin Luther was that the CIA knew about his death but how many knows this but every one knows that kanye is Kim's husband. the truth about the New World Order and Illuminati and The Truth about the Evolution of man and giant human skeletons that was actually found in Egypt,and what is actually taught in schools. The MEDIA know airs men kissing men,women turning into man multiple times until you see it as acceptable lifestyles, there is this show called LUCIFER where the Devil is actually a good guy saving people from evil (Lucifer for God's sake soon enough Lucifer would actually becomes a very good name to give to your kid).
what the MEDIA show us we believe, what they don't show we never bother to know
SCIENCE: They say the man who discovered Electricity was Thomas Edison, but do people know that one of his right hand man that assisted him was actually a black man named Lewis Howard Latimer, They say Samsung actually makes a flagship phone for less than $300 but puts almost $3 billion on marketing and advertising. A very talented Scientist can't showcase his inventions to the world if the MEDIA is not willing to promote it and believe you me there are a lot of great inventions we never get to hear of. Just of recent The Infinix Hot2 was actually promoted by Google and GSMARENA actually talked about it, which made the turnout sales more massive than almost any other Infinix phone. When a good tech enthusiast is to compare a Sony Xperia Z3 to an IPhone 6 he or she knows that the Xperia is danm better in almost all aspects than the IPhone, but this products are massively advertised by the Media and when you have the backing of the MEDIA you can surely over price your products, compare a Phillips Headphone to a Beats by Dre Headphone you would know the difference, but just one Beats Headphone can actually pay most people tuition fee in some part of the world.
Almost 70% of apps that are created are based on Social networking which actually has to do with the MEDIA and most productive apps do not make more money as this social apps
Before you start bashing me that Science invented this and that to make our life more comfortable, sit back and do a deep thinking to know that the MEDIA actually shapes our lives by making you buy what they want you to buy and to know what they want you to know and to actually become who they want you to become. Feel free to add your points and to also disagree.

1 Like

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by lekjons(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2015
whatever SCIENCE discovers, it will be made know by the media..
but the MEDIA of today(radio,tv) should be an offspring of science!

1 Like

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
This is quite intresting. As a science student, I feel obligated to point out to you that there is a reason it is called SOCIAL media. Their function is to gossip, lie and brainwash. Once in a blue moon, they tell the truth or potray the truth as it is.
However, science on the other hand is the driving force behind the 21st century. Scientists still hold the key to the future. After all, an hellfire missile is more powerful than a BBC documentarycheesycheesycheesygrin

2 Likes

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by Lordaweezy: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2015
media is science,art is science,everything is science

1 Like

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
Bro wat u said is true.the media is very powerfull.i never had any intrest in cars before but offlate i can tell u if am chanced to rob a bank i will do it without a second thought all 4 the sake of getting a car.all thanks to the media,i was watching mbc 2 lastweek when i came acrossed this cars advert(landrover discovery & dodge chager) i wasnt tempted at first but the constant repeat of the advert changed my mind ,i started cruching on the cars i even see them in my dreams.

1 Like

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by encryptjay(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
Quite educative.... Chelsea lost and the media is bashing us grin

1 Like

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by Avero(m): 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
very interesting points and stuff

here's the thing

no matter that Science invented the media

the media controls science if were talking of the 21st century

like said you only know what they want you to know about anything, even science and research

the social media has a great influence on the life of people, though I hate to say it as a loyal Science enthusiast But as of the 21st Century

the daughter (media ) is more powerful than the mother and creator (science)
:
it can be argued for as long as possible But presently media controls the science inventions and how they are seen and known and understood

1 Like

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by pators(m): 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2015
bro science is more powerful.......don't forget God is OMINI SCIENCE not OMINI MEDIA

2 Likes

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by chidex15(m): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2015
I go with the media. The media have a greater influence than science

If not, tell me how person go dey see tonto dikeh do this, davido do that. all most on daily basis, yet educative/informative news are left in the dark

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by basille(m): 12:56am On Sep 13, 2015
Without Science there would be no Media.
Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by pators(m): 2:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
chidex15:
I go with the media. The media have a greater influence than science

If not, tell me how person go dey see tonto dikeh do this, davido do that. all most on daily basis, yet educative/informative news are left in the dark
don't 4get u won't b able to see war tonto ,,davido etc are doing without science
Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by don4u: 6:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
media Compliments Science.
Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by Haben1: 6:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
markmira:
Bro wat u said is true.the media is very powerfull.i never had any intrest in cars before but offlate i can tell u if am chanced to rob a bank i will do it without a second thought all 4 the sake of getting a car.all thanks to the media,i was watching mbc 2 lastweek when i came acrossed this cars advert(landrover discovery & dodge chager) i wasnt tempted at first but the constant repeat of the advert changed my mind ,i started cruching on the cars i even see them in my dreams.
.... OMG ... for you to WATCH MBC without technology ( TV ) bro you no fit see that TV oooO, or that Tab/Phone you are using you wont be able to communicate HERE, bro to call gran-gran-gran PA for village BRO without science you can't, SO ... thumb to science ..... hmmmm .... I rep LIFE SCIENCE
Re: The Media Vs Science. Which Is More Powerful In The 21st Century. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Haben1:
.... OMG ... for you to WATCH MBC without technology ( TV ) bro you no fit see that TV oooO, or that Tab/Phone you are using you wont be able to communicate HERE, bro to call gran-gran-gran PA for village BRO without science you can't, SO ... thumb to science ..... hmmmm .... I rep LIFE SCIENCE
i know science is the most powerfull weapon on earth,am just telling the op how influencial the media is.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Subscribe For Glo 3gig On Blackberry Z10 / Whatsapp Latest Version 2.12.493: Allows To Send/recieve Documents Like PDF,PPT / Looking For Blackberry Office At Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.