Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out (798 Views)

10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Young Christian Vs. Young Atheist: Who Is Really Mentally Weak / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2015
In my church, our Sunday school booklet talks a lot about the holy Spirit, in fact they devoted this entire year to the topic. Yet, there are still some aspects which baffles me and I hope you guys can help me answer.
1) What is the relationship of the Holy Spirit to God? : Yes, I know about the trinity. But I also know that Jesus is God's son but there is no definitive connection between God and the Holy spirit.
2) If the Holy spirit is part of the trinity, why don't we pray to him/it/her? : We pray to Jesus, we also sometimes pray to God, So why don't we pray to the holy spirit?
3) What is the power of the Holy spirit? : God is the king of high who performs Miracles, Jesus is his son who also performs miracles, But does the Holy spirit perform Miracles? After a deliverance and healing session, the pastor praises God and says "In Jesus Name", yet no one mentions the holy spirit. So what is it's power? Is it 0.3333 or what Pls, this is the most important.
4) Is it possible for a pastor to "induce" the holy spirit in you? : In a fellowship my sister usually go to, our prayer leader would take some one into a special room, there they would keep praying until the person starts speaking in tongues. So, is it biblical and possible?
5) Does the holy spirit give different interpretations? : Why is it that there are different interpretations of bible texts by pastors and individuals who say there are with the holy spirit
Please note that I am just a young Christian who is confused. Thank you
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by solagodwin(m): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
The Holy Spirit Is The Spirit In You At That Particular Moment.because Will Have Trinity Which Means God Of The Father The Son And The The Holy Spirit That Is In U because If U Are Not Possess With The Holy Spirit.
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by kestolove95(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
no b only holy spirit..na holy sh1t
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by Jeromejnr(m): 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
kestolove95:
no b only holy spirit..na holy sh1t

I know you don't believe sha.

But if only you knew the blasphemy you are trying to commit or committed.
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by misreal(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
SirWere:
In my church, our Sunday school booklet talks a lot about the holy Spirit, in fact they devoted this entire year to the topic. Yet, there are still some aspects which baffles me and I hope you guys can help me answer.
1) What is the relationship of the Holy Spirit to God? : Yes, I know about the trinity. But I also know that Jesus is God's son but there is no definitive connection between God and the Holy spirit.
2) If the Holy spirit is part of the trinity, why don't we pray to him/it/her? : We pray to Jesus, we also sometimes pray to God, So why don't we pray to the holy spirit?
3) What is the power of the Holy spirit? : God is the king of high who performs Miracles, Jesus is his son who also performs miracles, But does the Holy spirit perform Miracles? After a deliverance and healing session, the pastor praises God and says "In Jesus Name", yet no one mentions the holy spirit. So what is it's power? Is it 0.3333 or what Pls, this is the most important.
4) Is it possible for a pastor to "induce" the holy spirit in you? : In a fellowship my sister usually go to, our prayer leader would take some one into a special room, there they would keep praying until the person starts speaking in tongues. So, is it biblical and possible?
5) Does the holy spirit give different interpretations? : Why is it that there are different interpretations of bible texts by pastors and individuals who say there are with the holy spirit
Please note that I am just a young Christian who is confused. Thank you
no one can truly know the holy ghost except he is having fellowship with him through the word and in prayers.
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by beright: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
If u understand trinity u should b able to understand it. God is d father, God is the son and God is the Holy spirit. They are one person but manifesting as father (he gave the commandments and the laws) as Son (he died on the cross) as Holy Spirit (he dwells in us). As a baɓy xtian u need to develop a personal relationship with God where you are been taught the bible by the Holy spirit. The holy spirit dont come to u unless u desire him and ask him to come. Pastors CAN'T command him He gives the order. Speaking in tongues as ppl do this is not a compulsry evident of the baptism of the holy spirit, he can manifest in diverse form. Becareful of these fake tongue speaking. Take time to study from genesis to revelation
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. It's subject to God even thou He is also God, He is part of the Trinity. Jesus said my Father is greater than I, that shows the superiority of God the Father on Jesus, Jesus also talk about the Holy Spirit, He said except i go the Holy Spirit whom i promise won't come and when he comes he shall remember you all things which i taught you, He shall take off me and reveal unto you this statement shows the superiority of Jesus on the Holy Spirit. (you may not understand this statement Now but I hope you do ) "every God head have to be filled with Jesus every Jesus have to be filled with the Holy Spirit" neither am I going to expantiate more on it.
We pray to God in the name of Jesus, we don't pray to Jesus, Jesus rather also pray to God on our behalf, for us, one thing you should understand here is that the most powerful name of the Almighty God is JESUS and was given to The WORD, the Son to bear when he was coming to earth. Is not that our Lord Jesus can't answer our prayer, for as the Father has life in himself has he given unto the Son to have life and give life to whom he which, but our prayers are directed to God Almighty only in the name of Jesus as the Lord taught us hence we don't pray to the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit can be imparted through whichever means as long as the person imparting it is filled with it and the person that want to receive him had opened up himself to receive it.

The Holy Spirit gives utterances of different language especially when the carrier is filled and full of it, too be full of the Holy Spirit is a different ball game than to have it. Mind you the Holy Spirit has its own personality.

I hope you are a bit clear..

Thanks
Re: Questions About The Holy Spirit : Help A Young Christian Out by Jeromejnr(m): 10:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
beright:
If u understand trinity u should b able to understand it. God is d father, God is the son and God is the Holy spirit. They are one person but manifesting as father (he gave the commandments and the laws) as Son (he died on the cross) as Holy Spirit (he dwells in us). As a baɓy xtian u need to develop a personal relationship with God where you are been taught the bible by the Holy spirit. The holy spirit dont come to u unless u desire him and ask him to come. Pastors CAN'T command him He gives the order. Speaking in tongues as ppl do this is not a compulsry evident of the baptism of the holy spirit, he can manifest in diverse form. Becareful of these fake tongue speaking. Take time to study from genesis to revelation

Please, I will like to know the other forms the Baptism of the Holy Spirit can be manifested.

(1) (Reply)

Has The Old Testament Been Corrupted? / Obj's Worry To Peace. / Extra Biblical Fact:- THE CREATION DAY THEORY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.