Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

5 Things To Learn From Small Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things To Learn From Small Children (796 Views)

How To Protect Your Husband From Small Small Girls / OMG! Small Children Rocking Themselves In Intimate Dance At A Party :o / 6 Things You Can Learn From My Mum's Death. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Learn From Small Children by AMZYMAYO(m): 7:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Looking at the life of children makes you wonder what a dramatic change has happened in your life. At times, you imagine if you ever behaved like them: from reporting of their friends regularly to playing with little things makes you wonder the more.

Here are the vital lessons I picked from children that I believe as an adult, we can inculcate. They are:

1. Children don't keep malice- Have you ever seen a child keep malice? What they often do is fight, come to report the other and they say "I won't play with you again." If you are that type that passes judgement easily, you will notice before 1 hour, the so called fighting friends are playing dad and mum again (or police and thief).

As an adult, most people will rather keep to their selves. They will rather lock any offender of theirs in the prison of their heart. Why not confront the culprit? Why not report him/her to a close friend just like a small child will do?
Re: 5 Things To Learn From Small Children by pweedyuz(f): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
Still reading
Re: 5 Things To Learn From Small Children by AMZYMAYO(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
2. Children are creative- Have you seen a child act before? Have you seen a child play police and thief and pretend dead? Have you seen a child play teacher and student before? (making their table or parents' chairs their student with cane on their hand). These are pure creativity! It takes only Steve Jobs to see a billion dollar business in his friends trash. It takes Dangote to see a billion dollar investment in mini day-to-day commodity. Come to think of it, have you seen a small child convert small stick to gun before? That is pure creativity. Have you see a small child connect wire to a battery to bulb to bring light? Pure class! Hope you remember those bottle cover they use to play table soccer, not to talk of the children's can cars.

Do you have a business idea you tag silly. Why not just act on it like a small child will act on a stick that looks like gun. Why not just try and see what God can do to you through it.
Re: 5 Things To Learn From Small Children by AMZYMAYO(m): 7:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
3. Children Say What is On Their Mind- I remember a child (small girl) approach his aunt. She said "aunt Funmi, you always like putting on my mum's cloths. This shock aunt had to pin the child's mouth with her hand. Although, it might be bad at times, we as an adult need to develop the attitude of expression. Say essential things if need be. For example, if you feel compelled to correct somebody acting awkwardly, go on. Don't say "well, she owns her life."

Learn this from a child, say essential things at the right time.
Re: 5 Things To Learn From Small Children by owabor(f): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]Who this? Wanted to get something from the topic, only to see just 1of 5
Re: 5 Things To Learn From Small Children by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
4.Children are Inquisitive-Have you encountered any child ask you questions till you disrupt him/her? Yeah! It can be as interesting as that. For instance, I met a small boy that asked me why his mother is called Mama Kemi and not Mama Kunkle, his name? I answered him. Again he asked, "why is it that Kemi is a girl and he is a boy? I said," ha! I tire ooo."

On the other note, I taught if everyone has this character, the world would have been better than this. It was been inquisitive that got Dr. Ben Carson to successfully separating the jointed twins. Why not, as adult, let us keep asking till we get our breakthrough. Don't say "I can't make it" rather, say "How can I make it."
Re: 5 Things To Learn From Small Children by AMZYMAYO(m): 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
5. Children Smile- Have you ever seen a child smile? It melts the sorrow you harbour for that moment. I was once angry at a project I failed at, so furious. On getting home, I saw a neighbor's baby with full grain. I don't know when I retaliated. Although, I still went inside to lament a failed project.

As an adult, let's learn to smile always. I understand your fiance is annoying. I know your friend/roommate is provoking some times; still, all you need to do is to wear a smiling face. Have seen job interviewers select people based on the factor-smiling. So, learn to always smile. Can I see your teeth now?

(1) (Reply)

New Fact Emerges Online About Ibinabo F. By A Fan Who Is Bein Questioned (photo) / How True Is This (photo) / Why Doesnt My Father Take Care Of One Of His Sons Like The Way He Does For Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.