Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Is Airtel TOO POOR With Sincere Service Delivery? - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Is Airtel TOO POOR With Sincere Service Delivery? (1159 Views)

Discover How 10k Can Become 50million Nair Within A Month. No One Should Be Poor / Poor Power Supply: How To Generate Your Own Power from an Old UPS...!! / Outdoor Antenna 3G & 4G For Boosting Signal Reception In Poor Signal Environment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Airtel TOO POOR With Sincere Service Delivery? by dmobee: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
Poor Airtel Nigeria . . .
It is very painful that Airtel cannot sort out issues their subscribers have on a poor network they are running. I have had the bad experience of having deductions from my loaded units everyday by a 922 code called 'CONCEPT PRO FOOD SERVICE' which I never subscribed for!
I have called Airtel on their 111 customer care line about 11 times over this same issue and they have not been able to resolve it. All I get is apologies every time I call and I am at the brink of dropping this network for ETISALAT or some other network THAT WORKS.
I wonder what NCC is doing about these kind of issues. As there are other instances where units are loaded and without a single call from the phone, the units vanish and AIrtel, when called, only apologize and never reverse the disappearance. It is counted as the customer's loss with their usual "we apologize for the inconveniences caused you"
It is almost clear that it is a thieving gimmick and such trends always lead to the extinction of such businesses. If things don't improve, I will gladly go on to another network and "we apologize for all inconveniences caused" my friends and family as you will have to await a NEW NETWORK's number from me.
I don tire o!
Re: Is Airtel TOO POOR With Sincere Service Delivery? by Bondd: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
I can feel your pain @dmobee angry. I used to feel this way too about Telcos deducting money anyhow too until i found out that the networks are not fully responsible for this. These messages are actually initiated by companies called VAS (Value Added Services) providers. it is actually VAS companies that send these messages to unsuspecting subscribers. The network is just a vehicle for them to reach you. There are actually two types of messages, one is a direct sms message while the other is a prompter that shows up on your phone. I am sure it is the prompter you mistakenly clicked on and not that you subscribed to the service. There was a particular message i mistakenly subscribed to and i had some issues undoing it. I later found a way round it by sending 'Stop' with the code to the short code. Here's a short example (e.g. STOP Free Food to 30010 - something like this). I honestly think the NCC should clamp down more on these VAS companies for their indiscriminate activities. NCC really needs to put down strict guidelines for Networks and VAS companies to operate in Nigeria, it can be very annoying receiving those messages. You can try sending (STOP CONCEPT PRO FOOD SERVICE to 922)

dmobee:
Poor Airtel Nigeria . . .
It is very painful that Airtel cannot sort out issues their subscribers have on a poor network they are running. I have had the bad experience of having deductions from my loaded units everyday by a 922 code called 'CONCEPT PRO FOOD SERVICE' which I never subscribed for!
I have called Airtel on their 111 customer care line about 11 times over this same issue and they have not been able to resolve it. All I get is apologies every time I call and I am at the brink of dropping this network for ETISALAT or some other network THAT WORKS.
I wonder what NCC is doing about these kind of issues. As there are other instances where units are loaded and without a single call from the phone, the units vanish and AIrtel, when called, only apologize and never reverse the disappearance. It is counted as the customer's loss with their usual "we apologize for the inconveniences caused you"
It is almost clear that it is a thieving gimmick and such trends always lead to the extinction of such businesses. If things don't improve, I will gladly go on to another network and "we apologize for all inconveniences caused" my friends and family as you will have to await a NEW NETWORK's number from me.
I don tire o!

(1) (Reply)

Plastic Tables For Sale!!! / E-BRIDGE Steel Security Door For Sale / Get The 3in1 Saisho Blender For Just N3,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.