Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew (3242 Views)

Transparent Animals You Never Knew Were In Existence! / 19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name / 10 Myths About INTROVERTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by sommyblaze(m): 5:23am On Sep 15, 2015
10 MYTHS ABOUT INTROVERTS

Myth #1 : Introverts don’t like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts just don’t talk unless they have
something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert
talking about something they are interested in, and they
won’t shut up for days.

Myth #2 : Introverts are shy.
Shyness has nothing to do with being an Introvert.
Introverts are not necessarily afraid of people. What they
need is a reason to interact. They don’t interact for the sake
of interacting. If you want to talk to an Introvert, just start
talking. Don’t worry about being polite.

Myth #3 : Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the
bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be
real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in
most settings, so Introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in,
which they find exhausting.

Myth #4 : Introverts don’t like people.
On the contrary, Introverts intensely value the few friends
they have. They can count their close friends on one hand. If
you are lucky enough for an introvert to consider you a
friend, you probably have a loyal ally for life. Once you have
earned their respect as being a person of substance, you’re
in.

Myth #5 : Introverts don’t like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR
AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are
involved in public activities. They take in data and
experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be
there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge,
and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for
Introverts.

Myth #6 : Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts.
They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems
to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly
lonely if they don’t have anyone to share their discoveries
with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with
ONE PERSON at a time.

Myth #7 : Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the
crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of
living. They think for themselves and because of that, they
often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions
based on what is popular or trendy.

Myth #8 : Introverts are aloof nerds.
Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying
close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that
they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on
around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more
stimulating and rewarding to them.

Myth #9 : Introverts don’t know how to relax and have fun.
Introverts typically relax at home or in nature, not in busy
public places. Introverts are not thrill seekers and
adrenaline junkies. If there is too much talking and noise
going on, they shut down. Their brains are too sensitive to
the neurotransmitter called Dopamine. Introverts and
Extroverts have different dominant neuro-pathways. Just
look it up.

Myth #10 : Introverts can fix themselves and become
Extroverts.
A world without Introverts would be a world with few
scientists, musicians, artists, poets, filmmakers, doctors,
mathematicians, writers, and philosophers. That being said,
there are still plenty of techniques an Extrovert can learn in
order to interact with Introverts. (Yes, I reversed these two
terms on purpose to show you how biased our society is.)
Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for
their natural temperament and contributions to the human
race. In fact, one study (Silverman, 1986) showed that the
percentage of Introverts increases with IQ.

Are you an introvert/extrovert? Which of the above don't you agree.

Source: http://www.carlkingdom.com/10-myths-about-introverts

- Mods pls I didn't know the appropriate section, you could help right?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Eeser: 5:27am On Sep 15, 2015
Eyyen... Introvert, over to you

2 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by AlPeter: 5:32am On Sep 15, 2015
Guy, have we met before? Who told you about me? These are spot on.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by itsmine: 5:38am On Sep 15, 2015
perfect write-up op. 95% or more of NLers shd be introv. it's just not possible to be extrov & take up permanent residence in NL.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by sommyblaze(m): 6:36am On Sep 15, 2015
AlPeter:
Guy, have we met before? Who told you about me? These are spot on.

Ahah! We just met.
*smiles*

2 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Masterclass32: 6:53am On Sep 15, 2015
Op made a lot of sense.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by CrazyPanther(f): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2015
Never knew this, Introverts over here.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:22am On Sep 15, 2015
ahhhh...Finally, God bless you OP. Some really shallow minded people out there think Innies should be 'fixed', 'put in order', 'repaired', 'rehabilitated', and to some religious people; they should 'repent'. Are they 'broken' or 'damaged' that they require fixing? Are they saying that God in his infinite state of genius made an error in their design? All I see are a lot of educated illiterates who wouldnt learn. But you never get to hear them say that extroverts need psychiatric evaluation because they jump around aimlessly and shout everytime acting like they are crazy. #ProudlyIntroverted #supergenius #multitalented #analytical #powerOfQuiet #LoyaltyToOne

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Adolak(m): 8:02am On Sep 15, 2015
True.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by AlPeter: 8:05am On Sep 15, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
ahhhh...Finally, God bless you OP. Some really shallow minded people out there think Innies should be 'fixed', 'put in order', 'repaired', 'rehabilitated', and to some religious people; they should 'repent'. Are they 'broken' or 'damaged' that they require fixing? Are they saying that God in his infinite state of genius made an error in their design? All I see are a lot of educated illiterates who wouldnt learn. But you never get to hear them say that extroverts need psychiatric evaluation because they jump around aimlessly and shout everytime acting like they are crazy. #ProudlyIntroverted #supergenius #multitalented #analytical #powerOfQuiet #LoyaltyToOne

feel you wella, it's very annoying at times when folks just want me to conform to their own thoughts and desire as if I care.

I love to think things through before making decisions and not just follow the crowd, because whatever the result i want to bear the consequences without regrets so I find it annoying when am be told to just do it like everyone else, as if my name is 'everyone else'. I am me and I ain't changing I love to think analyse and stand by my words, I respect others decisions at all times, I Love country music because it calls my raging mind, you might not see but in emergencies am as ruffled as you but shouting and screaming won't solve anything so I maintain my cool and calmness and act when I have to that doesn't mean am 'slow'. Am fun am me am smart and am Proud #teamIntrovert

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Pinkiedearie(f): 8:06am On Sep 15, 2015
#proudly an introvert
Mostimes i laugh at some talkative eXtroverts when they display themselves around me

3 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by potolistic(m): 8:12am On Sep 15, 2015
Only ten meats?..

U for add like 2 fish mk e sweet na
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by AlPeter: 8:14am On Sep 15, 2015
sommyblaze:

Ahah! We just met.
*smiles*

lol... Yea. You are right with what you wrote what most don't understand is that we introverts Love and Value life so much that we don't want to waste it doing silly unproductive stuffs just for doing sake, they don't realize that before we say a word we think it through first, and hardly say or do things with out careful thought maybe that's why we are 'weird'.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2015
AlPeter:

feel you wella, it's very annoying at times when folks just want me to conform to their own thoughts and desire as if I care.

I love to think things through before making decisions and not just follow the crowd, because whatever the result i want to bear the consequences without regrets so I find it annoying when am be told to just do it like everyone else, as if my name is 'everyone else'. I am me and I ain't changing I love to think analyse and stand by my words, I respect others decisions at all times, I Love country music because it calls my raging mind, you might not see but in emergencies am as ruffled as you but shouting and screaming won't solve anything so I maintain my cool and calmness and act when I have to that doesn't mean am 'slow'. Am fun am me am smart and am Proud #teamIntrovert
Super!, well said.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
#proudly an introvert
Mostimes i laugh at some talkative eXtroverts when they display themselves around me
you are not alone my dear.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by raydatluvs(m): 8:28am On Sep 15, 2015
For me, I relate with the post, well said. That no6 got me in the moment cos ever since my relationship ended, bin feeling so lonely and empty not dat am idle, am a super busy guy and I have few female frnds not dat am a loner just dat connection op mentioned is not there. Nobody tries to change me here, we are wat we are. All is well.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Cooljoe1(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2015
11. The only Introvert i know is the queen of FTC on Nairaland cool
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by gulfer: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2015
11.introverts book space for FTC on NL undecided
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Chestar5(f): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2015
Tanks @op, people take me weird and say i dont have friends or i dont talk too much, actually i only talk when i know its right... INTROVETS ROCK cool

2 Likes

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by sommyblaze(m): 9:44am On Sep 15, 2015
raydatluvs:
For me, I relate with the post, well said. That no6 got me in the moment cos ever since my relationship ended, bin feeling so lonely and empty not dat am idle, am a super busy guy and I have few female frnds not dat am a loner just dat connection op mentioned is not there. Nobody tries to change me here, we are wat we are. All is well.
All is well indeed.
*smiles*
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by okotv(m): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2015
Fantastic writ. As long as some folks understand me. No problems.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Roum(m): 9:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Eeser:
Eyyen... Introvert, over to you
if introvert catch u ehhh

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Ewizard(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2015
Ctrl+c, Ctrl+ v undecided
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Marvyx(m): 10:06am On Sep 15, 2015
This one wia everybody don dy claim introvert,,i tire una o,,
who b d extrovert den?

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by huxxain(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2015
You are right @OP!!! I am an introvert & I love my life. You can either take me the way I am or LET ME BE!!!. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Oahray: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2015
Lol. Suddenly everyone on NL is introverted. E good o smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2015
Rip to a nairalander 'introvert's mentions.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 15, 2015
almost all my brothers and sisters are holding grudge against me cos of dis issue- they said i dnt call them often & i'll simply say "i call only wen i need to" ; they actually think its pride, wetin we go dey discus self?

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Oahray: 11:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Ewizard:
Ctrl+c, Ctrl+ v undecided
and he wants to hit fp with it grin
Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Richiy(f): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2015
I love Introverts.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by LaurelP(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2015
Richiy:
I love Introverts.

U must be an extrovert. Opposites usually attract in real life. Am more of an introvert but almost all my friends are extroverts, though I dislike the overly noisy ones. I like people who can shut their mouth atimes.

1 Like

Re: 10 Myths About Introverts You Never Knew by Godwin10(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2015
Why will you just come here and be telling everyone about me ? angry...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Animals Who Have More In Common With Humans Than You Think ! / UNN Admission Clearance: Requirement From Newly Admitted Students / Dragnet Aptitude Test Questions Please ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.