Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need (1373 Views)

Guys My Vehicle Was Saved From An Incompetent Nairaland Auto Guru Mayor2013 / Auto Guru, Please Help. / Check Your Cooling Systems After Acquiring That Tokunbo Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
hello house pls I need your experience/advice on toyota camry bigdady 06 model with v4 engine on the do and donts on the car,in short the mentainance tips on the camry
Am waiting for your response
Tanx

1 Like

Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by kingreign(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
delaw4u:
hello house pls I need your experience/advice on toyota camry bigdady 06 model with v4 engine on the do and donts on the car,in short the mentainance tips on the camry
Tanx

If you've got the cash, buy it... I've consulted lomomike and this is his candid opinion.
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by mayor2013: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx

Do's and don't = avoid kazeems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by mayor2013: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx

Do's and don't = avoid kazeems grin
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 8:30am On Sep 16, 2015
I need your experience on this car don't just tell me to buy it I want ur experience on how to mentain the car, the do's and dots on the car if you not expert,guru,or if u have not use the car ignore this pls
Tanx
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by lonelydora: 8:48am On Sep 16, 2015
Do's and Dont's.

1. Buy OEM parts.

2. Scan your car whenever the CEL comes up

3. Avoid Kazeems.

4. Always refer to your manual when in doubt.

5. Post your problem on Nairaland before going to a mechanic workshop. You won't believe what you will learn here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by bravolad(m): 10:03am On Sep 16, 2015
delaw4u:
I need your experience on this car don't just tell me to buy it I want ur experience on how to mentain the car, the do's and dots on the car if you not expert,guru,or if u have not use the car ignore this pls
Tanx

You seem disappointed with comments so far with this response and sounded rather hash. Quite unnecessary.

However, the car in question is rugged, reliable and durable. The recommended engine oil is 5w30. There's the synthetic, semi-synthetic and mineral oil of this rating. The choice of which to use is yours. I think the recommended Oil Change Interval (OCI) is 5000 miles, absolutely imperative to stick to that. Do not remove the thermostat and connect your fan directly. This will be your Achilles heel with the car.

Buy original parts & as already suggested by someone else, scan when malfunction indicator (cel) displays on the instrument cluster. Never use a roady (Kazeem). Seems expensive but cheaper in the long run. Please use radiator coolant instead of water in the coolant compartment. Original parts are a bit pricey but they worth the efforts.

Keep you car clean at all times and engage in preventive maintenance rather than fix when broken. Above all, drive with caution, observe traffic rules & respect other road users. Again, don't engage in an unnecessary competition with other drivers in a bid to shows off the strength of your car. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
Tanx bro quite informative and pls where do I get the 5w30 engine oil for this car and hope I can turn to you anytime for ? How do I check the mile per galon on the cluster and how to to set the service engine time on the car
Tanx
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by mayor2013: 9:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx bro quite informative and pls where do I get the 5w30 engine oil for this car and hope I can turn to you anytime for ? How do I check the mile per galon on the cluster and how to to set the service engine time on the car
Tanx

Call 08156087872 or 08165520837 if you need to buy synthetic oil
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 2:19am On Oct 15, 2015
Hello,
I have just aquire 04 camry how do i maintain the car and I need coolant for the car the coolant reservoir tank is low
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by nurey(m): 6:30am On Oct 15, 2015
delaw4u:
Hello,
I have just aquire 04 camry how do i maintain the car and I need coolant for the car the coolant reservoir tank is low

there is no major difference between the 04 and 06, they are both big daddy. If you can't get the recommended coolant, then I suggest the Total coolant sold at 350 for 1litre green in colour but if you are willing to spend more, they have a new coolant product sold at 1200 for 1L which is pinkish in colour, the green one expires within a year but both are good for aluminium engines. Remember to do a flush not top up.

As for maintenance, use your recommended engine oil weight, original filter, brake and power steering fluid, inflate your tyres to the right PSI also download and read your owners manual, it will give you insight on how to maintain your ride
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by kingreign(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2015
nurey:

there is no major difference between the 04 and 06, they are both big daddy. If you can't get the recommended coolant, then I suggest the Total coolant sold at 350 for 1litre green in colour but if you are willing to spend more, they have a new coolant product sold at 1200 for 1L which is pinkish in colour, the green one expires within a year but both are good for aluminium engines. Remember to do a flush not top up.

As for maintenance, use your recommended engine oil weight, original filter, brake and power steering fluid, inflate your tyres to the right PSI also download and read your owners manual, it will give you insight on how to maintain your ride

don't try total coolant. it leaves some silly slimy deposits in your cooling routes. use only genuine Toyota long life coolant.
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by nurey(m): 8:44am On Oct 15, 2015
kingreign:

don't try total coolant. it leaves some silly slimy deposits in your cooling routes. use only genuine Toyota long life coolant.

I am talking from experience, I guess you are too. But I will watch closely on your query
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
Tanx for the kindid advise but my coolant colour is pink where do I get the pink toyota long life coolant and genuine oil filter?
By my manual the engine oil its 5w-30 which is mobil one am still searching where I can get it and please any lead about the engine oil and what is d price.
Since the came with keyless entry is that enough for the security system I mean the factory remote its that enough? or there is need for more security pls respond
Tanx
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by dhemmyhardy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx for the kindid advise but my coolant colour is pink where do I get the pink toyota long life coolant and genuine oil filter?
By my manual the engine oil its 5w-30 which is mobil one am still searching where I can get it and please any lead about the engine oil and what is d price.
Since the came with keyless entry is that enough for the security system I mean the factory remote its that enough? or there is need for more security pls respond
Tanx

Hello @delaw4u please contact for the specification of engine
Oil you 5w 30 I have NorthSea , Champion and some other
Brands of 5w 30. Can also sell you The coolant and genuine filter
You can contact me at my signature.

Dhemmyhardy
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by dhemmyhardy(m): 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx

Hello @delaw4u please contact for the specification of engine
Oil you 5w 30 I have Brands of 5w 30. Can also sell you The coolant and genuine filter

Dhemmyhardy
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by dhemmyhardy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx

Hello @delaw4u please contact me for the specification of engine
Oil you need 5w 30, I have Brands of 5w 30. Can also sell you The coolant and genuine filter

Dhemmyhardy
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2015
Your phone number pls
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by dhemmyhardy(m): 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2015
delaw4u:
Your phone number pls

Good day, number is 07035443363
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hello pls can I use 5w40 total quartz9000 if the did not see 5w30 because we dint have it here but the total quartz9000 is available I don't want to start servicing the engine with engine which I can't find at the end of the day your candid advice is welcome pls ooo your experience and advice asap
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 5:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
Pls guru where do I get the long lasting Toyota coolant as my coolant tank is beyond low level I need too top it pls help your friend oo am waiting
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by kingreign(m): 5:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
delaw4u:
Pls guru where do I get the long lasting Toyota coolant as my coolant tank is beyond low level I need too top it pls help your friend oo am waiting

Location location location?

I can get it or you
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2015
Am in ado Ekiti,ekiti state
Pls I need it asap pls reverts to me
Tanx
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by kingreign(m): 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
delaw4u:
Am in ado Ekiti,ekiti state Pls I need it asap pls reverts to me Tanx
call 07034581213
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by delaw4u: 9:43am On Oct 24, 2015
Tanx bro I can always turn to you when I need anything about my camry because of the fake products that full the town,I was the one that call you recently tanx
Re: Guru Ur Advice/ Experiencce Is Need by kingreign(m): 12:07am On Oct 25, 2015
delaw4u:
Tanx bro I can always turn to you when I need anything about my camry because of the fake products that full the town,I was the one that call you recently tanx

No problem, you're always welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Fiat Tipo Enters Nigeria With A Low Price Tag Of N8.9m (photos & Video) / Mercedes E-class All-terrain 4x4 Wagon Takes You To The Village In Style(photos) / Signs Of A Bad Engine That You Shouldn’t Ignore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.