Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

How To Stop Videos From Auto-playing In Your Browser - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Stop Videos From Auto-playing In Your Browser (1103 Views)

Make Screen Capture Of Your Browser's Pages Without Webcam/camera / How To Stop Apps From Auto Installing/updating On Your Android Phones / How To Stop Pop Up Ad's On Your Browser (mozilla). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Videos From Auto-playing In Your Browser by djl(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
Is it not annoying to enter a site just to see a video on the site auto play against your will? These videos would not just reduce your bandwidth thereby making your browser slower, they also distract you from what you intend doing.

This tutorial will help you to disable auto playing on your browsers, be it Google chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

GOOGLE CHROME

1. Click on settings
2. Scroll to the bottom and click show advance settings
3. Click on Content setting button under Privacy
4.Scroll down to Plugins and select let me choose when to run plugin content.

Now, every time a video appears on a site, a grey box with a puzzle piece will appear instead of auto-playing. If you desire to watch the video simply right-click the grey box and select run this plug in.

Note: Below this is the Manage exceptions button. Click on it to input any website you want auto-play disabling not to take effect on.

To disable auto-play on Firefox and Microsoft Edge

http://hotfixtech..com.ng/2015/09/how-to-stop-videos-from-auto-playing-in.html

Re: How To Stop Videos From Auto-playing In Your Browser by gorgeousnogo(f): 10:24am On Sep 21, 2015
Hi guru's in the house.. I need your help

Whenever I want to save something in my system, be it microsoft document or a movie I want to download with opera, mozilla or chrome, I always see 'not responding,' and then 'close or wait to respond' which will take forever till I close the page.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling , but still the problem is still there.

I use windows defender as antivirus and I still have alot of space in my local disk.

Please help a sister. .. what do I do apart from formatting the laptop?

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Breakdown Of What We Will Create For Your Website Development / How To Remove Malware From Your Windows PC / Learn How To Build Android, Ios, Kindle And Windows Apps Within Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.