Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact (1276 Views)

Are These The Most GENIUS Hacks Ever? Men And Women Share Some... / The Real Fact About The Notorious Kidnapper Evans / Awkward But Real Fact About Different University Girls In Our Country. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by Amastermovic(m): 6:08am On Sep 16, 2015
Good morning to you all....
we Nigeria will never grow if we continue attacking each other ignorantly.. Christian on Nairaland so much hate the Muslim on their thread... IGBOS ALWAYS CLAMOURING FOR A NEW BIAFRAN.... who cares we can't survive without each other that's just the most important part.....

Igbo do the selling yoruba's do the buying...

Wikipedia proof of Lagos....
Lagos was originally inhabited by the Awori
subgroup of the Yoruba people. Under the
leadership of the Oloye Olofin, the Awori
moved to an island now called Iddo and
then to the larger Lagos Island. [18][19] In
the 15th century, the Awori settlement was
conquered by the Benin Empire and the
island became a Benin war-camp called
"Eko" under Oba Orhogba, the Oba of Benin
at the time. [15][20] The Yoruba still use the
name Eko to refer to Lagos....

From this Ogun state and the Benin have been in Lagos for quite a while... Isheri olofin where most of the real aworii reside is even Ogun state cause of Ogun river that bound them but Lagos is their farm land.... Ojodu Berger..... The long time igbo came down here through slave trade and ship down to Portugal....

The igbo have to respect the yoruba vice versa...
The yoruba's are so much accommodating that's why you guys are still coming down to Lagos.. Try this with the hausa....

I was in Anambra few weeks ago and the igbo were like igbatii people.... WE need to show love for each other... I love all Muslim around me.. My gf is from the east.. Best friend from the south...

THIS FORUM SHOULD HELP BUILD A BETTER FUTURE GLADIATORS..

OGA SEUN U NEED AN ADMIN TO HELP DELETE SOME TRIBAL COMMENT HERE AND RELIGION COMMENT...
Re: Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by Amastermovic(m): 6:12am On Sep 16, 2015
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos

Everything you need to know about Lagos.... Nd where have Wikipedia stated it belongs to nobody....
Re: Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by moyakz(m): 6:23am On Sep 16, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]IF I HEAR! *lagos is everybody and for nobody(in sai baba's voice) ;DIF I HEAR! *lagos is everybody and for nobody(in sai baba's voice)
Re: Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by Amastermovic(m): 6:32am On Sep 16, 2015
moyakz:
[color=#990000][/color]IF I HEAR!
*lagos is everybody and for nobody(in sai baba's voice) ;DIF I HEAR!
*lagos is everybody and for nobody(in sai baba's voice)

Technical speaking in as much u be NIGERIAN U BELONG TO ANY PART OF THE COUNTRY.. IF YOU WISH
Re: Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by moyakz(m): 6:34am On Sep 16, 2015
Amastermovic:

Technical speaking in as much u be NIGERIAN U BELONG TO ANY PART OF THE COUNTRY.. IF YOU WISH
abi na.i just don't understand why we nigerians quarrel and fight over irrelevant things.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by MightySparrow: 8:21am On Sep 16, 2015
The custodian of hiStory, culture, and tradition of Lagos is Oba of Lagos. The city may have been affected by colonial masters local or foreign that does not mean it belongs to nobody.
One of the countries most affected in the world by all manners of colonialists is Israel, can Egypt, Iraq (Babylon), iran (Persia), Greece, Italy (Rome) lay claim of Israel?
As much as your concern is appreciated, the Lagoon is still available for any and all ungrateful immigrants to Lagos to reside permanently. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Lagos Belongs To Some Ethnic Groups..( The Yoruba's) Let Share Some Real Fact by Amastermovic(m): 11:11am On Sep 16, 2015
MightySparrow:
The custodian of hiStory, culture, and tradition of Lagos is Oba of Lagos. The city may have been affected by colonial masters local or foreign that does not mean it belongs to nobody.
One of the countries most affected in the world by all manners of colonialists is Israel, can Egypt, Iraq (Babylon), iran (Persia), Greece, Italy (Rome) lay claim of Israel?
As much as your concern is appreciated, the Lagoon is still available for any and all ungrateful immigrants to Lagos to reside permanently. Cheers

U r damn right... Kudos to u..

(1) (Reply)

Btw Kiss Daniel And Adekunle Gold Songs, Which Is More Dope? / Photos : Woman Allegedly Turned Into A Bird & Landed In A Gutter In Lagos / Old Man Carrying His Wife While Crossing The Road In Beijing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.