Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Help With Codeigniter And Git - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Codeigniter And Git (1391 Views)

Git And Github / Codeigniter Tutorial For Beginners- Explanation With Text,pics And Video / Tech Guys Help Me Understand Git (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Codeigniter And Git by omoelu1(m): 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello to all developers in the house, my team and I are about to start working on a web project using the the codeigniter framework.
The team comprises of 3 back-end developers and 2 front-end guys. We are going to be using github for the collaboration(and version control). Now, my question is:

Do the front-end developers also have to install codeigniter locally?
if they don't have to, how then do they get access to the php variables that will be supplied by the backend developers?

Somebody please help ASAP, your contribution is highly appreciated.
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by Urine: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
omoelu1:
Hello to all developers in the house, my team and I are about to start working on a web project using the the codeigniter framework.
The team comprises of 3 back-end developers and 2 front-end guys. We are going to be using github for the collaboration(and version control). Now, my question is:

if they don't have to, how then do they get access to the php variables that will be supplied by the backend developers?

Of course they have to, they will be in charge of the View part of your CodeIgniter (MVC) project. They write the view while the backend guys deal with the model and the controller.

1 Like

Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by talk2hb1(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
I dont think they need to install any CI, all they need to do is do wjat they do best and mail it to you guys for integration in your system.
Please, dont make life unbearable for this guy.
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by Urine: 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
talk2hb1:
I dont think they need to install any CI, all they need to do is do wjat they do best and mail it to you guys for integration in your system.
Please, dont make life unbearable for this guy.

But the team is using GIT (he talks about version control) , why will you switch to email when your team already has a standard tool? What the FE guys need to do is write and structure the interfaces, the BE folks will integrate the little bit they need to do. It's that simple.

1 Like

Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by talk2hb1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
Urine:

But the team is using GIT (he talks about version control) , why will you switch to email when your team already has a standard tool? What the FE guys need to do is write and structure the interfaces, the BE folks will integrate the little bit they need to do. It's that simple.
That means the UI guys will have to learn git command, and CI procedure, which is bad for production.
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by Adesege(m): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2015
It is called Model View Controller design pattern.

The FE developers can work on the site without Codeigniter. It is not necessary and it is unimportant.

What FE Developers does is to work with client side scripting and markup languages. They don't need to have an understanding of how the application will work.

After they must have finished developing the interface, the BE Developers integrate and modify it to work with the Controller.

It is unnecessary for FE to have any technical knowledge. Theirs is to build the interface. Yours is to integrate it into the system.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by talk2hb1(m): 10:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
Adesege:

The FE developers can work on the site without Codeigniter. It is not necessary and it is unimportant.

What FE Developers does is to work with client side scripting and markup languages. They don't need to have an understanding of how the application will work.

After they must have finished developing the interface, the BE Developers integrate and modify it to work with the Controller.

It is unnecessary for FE to have any technical knowledge. Theirs is to build the interface. Yours is to integrate it into the system.
GOD bless yu bro
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by malawi101(m): 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Adesege:

Sir does it mean the front end guys don't need d Form Helper?
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by omoelu1(m): 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2015
Urine:

Of course they have to, they will be in charge of the View part of your CodeIgniter (MVC) project. They write the view while the backend guys deal with the model and the controller.

thanks so much. your contribution is so much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by Adesege(m): 8:24am On Sep 17, 2015
malawi101:

Sir does it mean the front end guys don't need d Form Helper?

No dey dont need to have an understanding of how codeigniter works.

Once they've designed the interface, the BE developers will be the one to put all that.

Take for instance a blog list page. The FE developers will create an interface for the blog list. After which the BE developers will edit it and put a loop where necessary.

There are lot of stuffs you can add to codeigniter to make it intuitive to use.

HMVC is one of them. It allows you to create independent modules of a MVC. That is, you can have a login module and make it usuable in other applications you will build. The module will have its own model,view, and controller.

Also, you can add theming to your application just like wordpress. Codeigniter allows that.

Another great one is a templating system. Smarty is a great one. and talking of caching web pages, it allows that.

While smarty may not be of essence to you, just think of having all your views in one folder. That is theming.

Also think of having independent modules for your MVC.

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2015
omoelu1:

All the previous comments have a point but ultimately it depends on how your team works, most people on my team are full stack so we all work on CI. The major challenge for you here is if the FE guys work out of CI the BE guys will still do a bit of FE coding, if you are cool with that then you should be fine.

For example the way you will design a header and footer section with your normal HTML/CSS is not the way you will design it in CI. In CI you will write it once and call it whenever you need it on an interface. So like I said earlier, it's a matter of preference.

1 Like

Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by malawi101(m): 11:06am On Sep 17, 2015
Adesege:

Once they've designed the interface, the BE developers will be the one to put all that.

Take for instance a blog list page. The FE developers will create an interface for the blog list. After which the BE developers will edit it and put a loop where necessary.

HMVC is one of them. It allows you to create independent modules of a MVC. That is, you can have a login module and make it usuable in other applications you will build. The module will have its own model,view, and controller.

Also, you can add theming to your application just like wordpress. Codeigniter allows that.

Another great one is a templating system. Smarty is a great one. and talking of caching web pages, it allows that.

While smarty may not be of essence to you, just think of having all your views in one folder. That is theming.

God bless

Tanx dats informative
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by omoelu1(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2015
Adesege:

God bless
Thanks so much.
Re: Help With Codeigniter And Git by omoelu1(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2015
efreaky:

All the previous comments have a point but ultimately it depends on how your team works, most people on my team are full stack so we all work on CI. The major challenge for you here is if the FE guys work out of CI the BE guys will still do a bit of FE coding, if you are cool with that then you should be fine.

For example the way you will design a header and footer section with your normal HTML/CSS is not the way you will design it in CI. In CI you will write it once and call it whenever you need it on an interface. So like I said earlier, it's a matter of preference.

You have really helped a brother.
smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Bootstrap Editor / Snapnet Assessment Test / Kuda Deserve Three Gbosa For This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.