Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Time To Tax The Commercial Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Time To Tax The Commercial Churches (679 Views)

Nairaland Petition To Tax Religious Bodies / It's Time To Tax Churches / Tax The Churches And Give The Revenue To Hungry Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Tax The Commercial Churches by fuke(m): 5:17pm On Apr 10, 2009
I am a christain but I am worried the commercial trend the churses are taking. When father Jesus was here he had no horses, even the donkey he rode to Jerusalem was another peron's own and we were not told he held on onto it. Now the pastors are no more satisfied with jeeps, they are now into jets. Honestly with the tons of money they are making,I think they must be taxed. And let nobody tell me they use the money for philantrophy like building schools. I know there are paupers in the churches where their pastors are flying jets and the universities they build with the poor men,s money are attended only by the children of the rich
Re: Time To Tax The Commercial Churches by manmustwac(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2009
Good idea fuke. But what do you think the corrupt Govt is going to do with the taxes? smiley
Re: Time To Tax The Commercial Churches by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 10, 2009
Perfectly agree.
Re: Time To Tax The Commercial Churches by biina: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2009
manmustwac:

Good idea fuke. But what do you think the corrupt Govt is going to do with the taxes?  smiley
That is the question. Secondly will they be able to effect it equitably, and not just go after the big ones.?

(1) (Reply)

You May Have Heard This? / Footballer in Manchester City Is Pastor In Spare Time / Very Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.