Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

5 Simple But Logical Questions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Simple But Logical Questions (1293 Views)

Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle / Solve This Simple But Trickish Maths Puzzle / How To Speak English Well: 5 Simple Tips For Extraordinary Fluency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 6:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
1. What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 digits - just 2 digits, nothing else?

2. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?

3. How many birth days does the average man have?

4. Mom, Dad, and 2 kids (John and James) have come to a river, and they find a boat. It is small and can only carry one adult or 2 kids at a time. Both kids are good rowers, and the adults of course, but how can the whole family reach the other side of the river?

5. What English word can have 4 of its 5 letters removed and still retain it's original pronunciation?
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by beautifullll1(f): 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
Oya, answer na
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ans 1: The largest possible number you can write using only two digits is 9^9 = 387420489
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
beautifullll1:
Oya, answer na
See the ans to 1 above
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by dazekid(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
Greatzeus:
1. What is the largest possible number you can write using only 2 digits - just 2 digits, nothing else?

2. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?

3. How many birth days does the average man have?

4. Mom, Dad, and 2 kids (John and James) have come to a river, and they find a boat. It is small and can only carry one adult or 2 kids at a time. Both kids are good rowers, and the adults of course, but how can the whole family reach the other side of the river?

5. What English word can have 4 of its 5 letters removed and still retain it's original pronunciation?

2.Mount Everest, it just hadn't been discovered yet.

3.One. A man can only be born once.

4.The two kids first row to the other side, one rows back, one adult gets in and rows to the other side, the other kid rows back. Both kids row to the other side, one rows back, the second adult rows to the other side, the second kid rows back and then both kids finally row back together.

5.Queue, it would simply become Q.

Oya what is the prize?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by dazekid(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
Greatzeus:
Ans 1: The largest possible number you can write using only two digits is 9^9 = 387420489

Tah, using only 2 digits, it is 99. The question states "only" two digits, not two digits+symbols.
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 8:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
dazekid:

2.Mount Everest, it just hadn't been discovered yet.

1.One. A man can only be born once.

4.The two kids first row to the other side, one rows back, one adult gets in and rows to the other side, the other kid rows back. Both kids row to the other side, one rows back, the second adult rows to the other side, the second kid rows back and then both kids finally row back together.

5.Queue, it would simply become Q.

Oya what is the prize?
Got all correct
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by dazekid(m): 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
Greatzeus:
Got all correct

Yea, some of us are geniuses here.
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 11:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
dazekid:

Tah, using only 2 digits, it is 99. The question states "only" two digits, not two digits+symbols.
9 rased to the power of 9 is two digits now 99
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by dazekid(m): 2:20am On Sep 17, 2015
Greatzeus:

9 rased to the power of 9 is two digits now 99

Lol, I knew you were going to hit me with that but oga really grin grin grin, I can't even type 9 raised to power 9 with my laptop sef. When I was typing the first comment, I wanted to state that exponents do not count but I thought I should leave it out and make this more interesting.
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 10:34am On Sep 17, 2015
dazekid:

Lol, I knew you were going to hit me with that but oga really grin grin grin, I can't even type 9 raised to power 9 with my laptop sef. When I was typing the first comment, I wanted to state that exponents do not count but I thought I should leave it out and make this more interesting.
ok but i still dont want to believe you havent met those questions before,because you cleared them once,especially Qn 5,its difficult to guess. But if you havent,then kudos
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by dazekid(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
Greatzeus:
ok but i still dont want to believe you havent met those questions before,because you cleared them once,especially Qn 5,its difficult to guess. But if you havent,then kudos

Lol, the only one here I have seen before is the one of Mt. Everest, my little brother asked me that last year via a text message even though we were both at home together and I got it right after thinking about it for some minutes. The questions are based on logic, I handle logic quite well. By the way, I knew question 5 would have to be an obscure alphabet so I cancelled all others except q,x,w,z, luckily for me, q was the first one I tackled. Also, the fact that I got them once doesn't mean I saw the questions and knew the answers immediately, I started typing about 10 minutes before the post was made. That was how long it took me to figure out. The toughest for me was the one about the family as I had to make the arrangement of the trips in my head and there are quite a number of trips.
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by dazekid(m): 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
By the way, there was no guessing here.
Re: 5 Simple But Logical Questions by Greatzeus(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
dazekid:

Lol, the only one here I have seen before is the one of Mt. Everest, my little brother asked me that last year via a text message even though we were both at home together and I got it right after thinking about it for some minutes. The questions are based on logic, I handle logic quite well. By the way, I knew question 5 would have to be an obscure alphabet so I cancelled all others except q,x,w,z, luckily for me, q was the first one I tackled. Also, the fact that I got them once doesn't mean I saw the questions and knew the answers immediately, I started typing about 10 minutes before the post was made. That was how long it took me to figure out. The toughest for me was the one about the family as I had to make the arrangement of the trips in my head and there are quite a number of trips.
wow, like i said,kudos

(1) (Reply)

Direct Admission To Ecwa College Of Education, Igbaja, Kwara State / Study In The Heart Of Turkey On A Low Tuition Fee / How To Write An Effective Research Paper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.