Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

News Vs Hoax: Is DEW Water Safe For Drinking? (solved) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / News Vs Hoax: Is DEW Water Safe For Drinking? (solved) (6006 Views)

. / Men Drinking Beer In Lagos Flood (Photos) / 23-year Old Man Wins $630 Bet For Drinking A Bottle Of Tequila & Dies After. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

News Vs Hoax: Is DEW Water Safe For Drinking? (solved) by nkemChetam: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
It's officially the end of NEWS flow as we know it, the lack of gatekeepers to check the use of the internet has created a phenomenon where anyone can make a defamatory (libel per se) post and walk free.. The two News Articles below proves my theorem..

First Article is Dated: SEPTEMBER 14, 2015:

Pls pass this to any Nigerian friends on your contact list -Just got dis Please, don't buy or drink any bottled water called "DEW". Customs says it was shipped into Nigeria from TANZANIA where it has killed 180 people. It is said to contain a poisonous chemical. Please pass this on and save millions of lives. If u don't believe check google for "DEW bottled water". Save life's as I just saved yours... coz your life means a lot 2me!!!

(Not exactly a News article I know)

Disturbed, I took d article's advice and ran a search on the subject matter, I quickly realized the Dew ish has been around for a while, and had even been linked to Ebola undecided ; then I stumbled on another article from a SouthAfrican website that completely contradicts the former and guess what?...

The Second article is dated: JANUARY 26, 2015:

Is DEW bottled water safe to drink?

THE message warning consumers not to buy or drink a brand of bottled water called DEW have been circulating for months. It’s now time to put those rumors to rest.

According to the ‘warning’, DEW contains a poisonous chemical that has already killed 180 people in NIGERIA shocked . A new version also claims that the water has been contaminated with Ebola.

The myth and urban legend busting internet site, Hoax- Slayer reports that the claims in the warning message are are false.

Nigerian authorities too have refuted the claims. There are no credible reports about deaths caused by a brand of bottled water called DEW in Nigeria or elsewhere.

And the claim that people have died from bottled water contaminated with Ebola is utter nonsense. The warning contains false information and should not be forwarded.

Source:
Article 1: Facebook
Article 2: www.southcoastherald.co.za/73081/dew-bottled-water-safe-drink/

Well, there you go, first (January) it was Nigeria with 180 deaths (totally missed that one), fast-forward 8 months and Tanzania is labeled the next victim with d same figures! #180.
We (the public) are so gullible (no pun intended) that this murafukers don't even make an effort or try to be smart about this ish, or ''DEW bottled water poison" dey count

Thanks for taking out time to peruse through.

NB: I don't work for DEW, never even heard of them before now.

Re: News Vs Hoax: Is DEW Water Safe For Drinking? (solved) by tlops(m): 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
I just got the same fake message. just thought to check it out before forwarding it.. I guess just discard this.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Most Embarassing Moment / The Elder's Daughter / Your Garri Dey Throway!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.