Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches (3908 Views)

A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Serena And Venus Williams To Visit Nigeria In October / 4 Arsenal Players To Visit Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by kayality: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2009
Mourinho is coming down to nigeria to visit kwara football academy in three days also to  lecture some nigerian coaches

http://www.tribune.com.ng/09042009/news/sports2.html
http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200805012263296
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by MrCrackles(m): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2009
Lecture Nigerian coaches, in what language? grin
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by kayality: 12:05am On Apr 11, 2009
Mourinho can speaks three different language

1 - Portuguese
2 - Spanish
3 - English

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mourinho#References
Please read this summary

He wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father by becoming a footballer and he joined the Belenenses youth team. Graduating to the senior level, he played at Rio Ave, where his father was coach, Belenenses and Sesimbra but it became evident that he would not excel as a professional, lacking the requisite pace and power.[6][7] Conceding to his shortcomings, he chose to pursue the dream of becoming a professional football coach instead.[3] His mother had different ideas altogether and enrolled him in a business school. Mourinho attended the school but dropped out on his first day, deciding he would rather focus on sport, and chose to attend the Instituto Superior de Educação Física (ISEF), Technical University of Lisbon, to study sports science.[4] He taught physical education at various schools and after five years he had earned his diploma, receiving consistently good marks throughout the course.[5] After attending coaching courses held by the English and Scottish Football Associations, former Scotland manager Andy Roxburgh took note of the young Portuguese's drive and attention to detail.[8] Mourinho sought to redefine the role of coach in football, mixing coaching theory with motivational and psychological techniques.[3]
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by FBS: 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2009
He also speaks Italian.

That would be nice.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by yousouph(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2009
Welcome Mourinho but 3 days coaching cannot improves our coaches whom have shown lack of technical skills for years
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by FBS: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2009
The only sound coach I know is Siasia. The guy has proved himself.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by AloyEmeka9: 5:58am On Apr 14, 2009
Mourinho can speaks three different language

1 - Portuguese
2 - Spanish
3 - English
Our coaches do not understand any of these three languages.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by allboyz(m): 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

grin grin grin grin grin

Siasia does not need JM!
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by chidichris(m): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2009
for believing in two of our sons viz; mikel obi and obinna nsofor giving them the chances of their lives, we have perfected plans to give him a chieftaincy title "Igwe ogburugburu"

Siasia does not need JM!
allboyz,
you are right, but since no man is an island, it means siasia still needs someone and inigbinde may be the right man for siasia
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by lexicon(m): 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2009
Apart from siasia, who else will want to put what he learnt into practice?
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Ekwere(m): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
U guys think that Siasia or any other coaches does not need more coaching or what, no man is an island,you contributors can even teach a professor one or two things,so dont under-rate anybody
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2009
Ekwere:

U guys think that Siasia or any other coaches does not need more coaching or what, no man is an island,you contributors can even teach a professor one or two things,so dont under-rate anybody

Am only stating that only siasia would likely make use of mourinho's lectures, while the rest will learn but will go ahead to collect bribe from players and spoil their game.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Fessybros: 1:18pm On Apr 21, 2009
Jose is a wonderful coach and any Nigeria coach who want to learn, should go and practice what he learn.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2009
jm undecided
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by showbobo(m): 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2009
Our coaches are just too unprofessional to be lectured
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by kay7: 3:01pm On Apr 21, 2009
3 years would have been more appropriate cheesy
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by PurestBoy(m): 4:05pm On Apr 21, 2009
showbobo:

Our coaches are just too unprofessional to be lectured

What a comment!!!!!!!!
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by joxiri: 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2009
mr crackles, do you watch football at all
mourinho is university educated and was once an interpreter
so yea he is very fluent in english
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by carlosikem(m): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2009
THE PERSON THAT NEEDS TO VISIT NIGERIA IS NO OTHER PERSON THAT THE MAN THAT KNOWS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE FOOTBALL WORK WITHOUT SO MUCH MONEY AND THE MAN THAT CAN MAKE A LITTLE BOY TO PLAY IN A BIG GAME.

HE IS THE MAN THAT HAS ACHIEVED A LOT WITH JUST LITTLE MONEY. HE IS THE MAN THAT MADE KANU NWANKWO WHAT HE IS TODAY AND ALSO HE IS THE MAN THAT MADE ADEBAYOR TO WIN THE AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE WAY.

THAT MAN IS THE MAN THAT WE NEED TO TEACH AND TRAIN OUR COACHES.

BRING THAT MAN TO NIGERIA FOR JUST ONE HR AND OUR GAME WILL CHANGE.

THE MAN IS , THE PROF
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
very good! our naija coaches really need lecturing!, amodu should endevour to attend!
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Meldrick(m): 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2009
carlosikem:

THE PERSON THAT NEEDS TO VISIT NIGERIA IS NO OTHER PERSON THAT THE MAN THAT KNOWS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE FOOTBALL WORK WITHOUT SO MUCH MONEY AND THE MAN THAT CAN MAKE A LITTLE BOY TO PLAY IN A BIG GAME.

HE IS THE MAN THAT HAS ACHIEVED A LOT WITH JUST LITTLE MONEY. HE IS THE MAN THAT MADE KANU NWANKWO WHAT HE IS TODAY AND ALSO HE IS THE MAN THAT MADE ADEBAYOR TO WIN THE AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE WAY.

THAT MAN IS THE MAN THAT WE NEED TO TEACH AND TRAIN OUR COACHES.

BRING THAT MAN TO NIGERIA FOR JUST ONE HR AND OUR GAME WILL CHANGE.

THE MAN IS , THE PROF

I disagree with you, Jose Mourinho should come. He has proven his superiority over that coach you talk about a lot of times. Apart from constantly beating his team a countless times, he had faith in Mikel and Nsofor. He has made that ur Prof an ordinary teacher at home and away.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by desgiezd(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2009

ROTFLMFFAO!!!!

Let us hire many interpreters who would interpret the lectures into many of our languages/dialects.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by ayobase(m): 6:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
He is welcome oo!!
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Redman44(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2009
I'm happy Mourinho is coming to lecture Nigerian coaches. It is a good thing. One coach that I know will be jotting down Mourinho's ideas and thoughts is Samson Siasia. The guy loves learning. I met his son on an internet chat room 2 years ago. I was chatting with some Europeans on the net when the young boy logged in into the chat room. His ID made me ask who he was. He was making strong points about Nigerian football that night. His reply to my enquiry was- '' I'm the son of Samson Siasia. I'm in the United States''. LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Samson Siasia is going to coach the Super Eagles one day, no matter how long the NFF delays his appointment. As for Jose Mourinho, I respect him as a coach. Cheers.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by nasuite: 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2009
little did u guyz know that mourinho speaks yoruba and egun wel!i think he wld av les 2 fear for grin grin cheesy
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by SamMilla1(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2009
I guess he is coming to teach them to stop accepting bribes to feature players
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by carlosikem(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2009
@Meldrick,

CHECK THE STATISTICS AND THEM DO TELL ME WITH THE MONEY MADE AVAILABLE FOR JOSE AND THE ONE MADE AVAILABLE FOR WENGER WHO DO YOU THINK HAS ACHIEVED SOMETHING.

MIKEL IS NOW A DEAD PIECE OF RAT COS HE CONVERTED THE GUY FROM ATTACKING MIDFIELD PLAYER TO DEFENSIVE AND ESSIEN KNOWS IT BETTER THAT HIM SO HE CANT PLAY FOR CHELSEA AGAIN AND ALSO HE CANNOT PLAY FOR NIGERIA AGAIN.

ANY MATCH THAT MIKEL PLAYS FOR NIGERIA NIGERIA GOES TO LOOSE IT AND MIKEL IS NOT D ONE WE USE TO KNOW THIS IS COS MURINHO USED MIKEL TO ACHIEVE HIS PERSONAL NEEDS.

DON'T YOU SEE WHY WENGER IS A PROFESSIONAL MORE DAN MURINHO?

THINK WELL AND REASON WELL
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by chidichris(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2009
@Meldrick,

CHECK THE STATISTICS AND THEM DO TELL ME WITH THE MONEY MADE AVAILABLE FOR JOSE AND THE ONE MADE AVAILABLE FOR WENGER WHO DO YOU THINK HAS ACHIEVED SOMETHING.

MIKEL IS NOW A DEAD PIECE OF RAT COS HE CONVERTED THE GUY FROM ATTACKING MIDFIELD PLAYER TO DEFENSIVE AND ESSIEN KNOWS IT BETTER THAT HIM SO HE CANT PLAY FOR CHELSEA AGAIN AND ALSO HE CANNOT PLAY FOR NIGERIA AGAIN.

ANY MATCH THAT MIKEL PLAYS FOR NIGERIA NIGERIA GOES TO LOOSE IT AND MIKEL IS NOT D ONE WE USE TO KNOW THIS IS COS MURINHO USED MIKEL TO ACHIEVE HIS PERSONAL NEEDS.

DON'T YOU SEE WHY WENGER IS A PROFESSIONAL MORE DAN MURINHO?

THINK WELL AND REASON WELL

@carlosikem,
after reading ur post, i just look at your address and then understand u better. oga, don't u think u can do better in goat business on the onicha head bridge or working for chris uba as a thug? just suggesting and i don't mean to offend u.

liten, football goes with information so since u are handicapped with lack of information, why not limit ur discussion with what u know best.

mikel is not the thread topic.

mourinho proved himself before the big clubs starts looking for him. the same thing is applicable with players. you must play to a level before any big club come calling. be informed,if mikel decides to quit football today, he can live comfortably for the rest of his life.

some ppl have arranged for the coming of mourinho so if the goat dealers association in anambra are interested in wenger, they shld go ahead and invite him.

pls remember the more u talk the more u expose ur goat brain. goat business has nothing to do with football unless u are comparing that with wenger's trading businesses
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Lagosboy: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2009
There is nothin mourinho has to teach except how to play defensive football. How to score one goal and shut the game off.

Nigerians play brazillian attacking style football which Wenger, Rijkard and probably Hiddink play. Let Wenger, Rijkaard or Hiddink come to Nigeria to lecture and not JM.

Siasia is Nigerias best manager. Amodu should be kicked out and Siasia brought in.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by chidichris(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2009
There is nothin mourinho has to teach except how to play defensive football. How to score one goal and shut the game off.

Nigerians play brazillian attacking style football which Wenger, Rijkard and probably Hiddink play. Let Wenger, Rijkaard or Hiddink come to Nigeria to lecture and not JM.

Siasia is Nigerias best manager. Amodu should be kicked out and Siasia brought in.

Lagosboy,
i don't believe nigeria plays brazillian attacking style football rather what we play is nigerian football style. abt mourinho, ur ideas are not needed. the special one is coming and the arrangements are done. on the other hand, if u want platini to come, u can go ahead and work towards that. we will be here to wait.
if u do not want mourinho, the only option u will have will be to travel to cotonou while we recieve the Igwe.
Re: Mourinho To Visit Nigeria To Lecture Coaches by Lagosboy: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2009
chidichris:

Lagosboy,
i don't believe nigeria plays brazillian attacking style football rather what we play is nigerian football style. abt mourinho, ur ideas are not needed. the special one is coming and the arrangements are done. on the other hand, if u want platini to come, u can go ahead and work towards that. we will be here to wait.
if u do not want mourinho, the only option u will have will be to travel to cotonou while we recieve the Igwe.

Lols.

That was just my personal opinion. Nigerian football is based on entertaining attacking football i remmeber the wonderful 94 squad and 96 oylympic squad those were truly ground football. Not the ugly boring football berti vogts came with. Westerhof and Bonfrere jo are both dutch and play wonderful football . The kind Rijkaard played with at barcelona, the kind Huddink plays and is doing with chelsea , the kind wenger imparts in his kids.

Abromovich kicked out mourinho partly cos he wants to see dat kinda football.

Me dont have anything against the special one but dont like his football philosophy.

I aint gonno go cotonu though lols

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premium Prediction / Get VIP Betiing App Here / If John Mikel Obi Was From England, Would He Make The First Eleven List !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.