Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls (4047 Views)

Nigerian Girls Should Reduce The Time They Spend On Facebook & Instagram- Sultan / The Rate At Which Young Nigerian Girls Smoke / The New Trend Of Posting Pictures Of Charity Donations On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Rapmoney(m): 12:49am On Sep 17, 2015
It is no longer news that many young guys indulge in taking hard drugs such as cannabis and other highly intoxicating drugs like skunk and codeine but the latest trend of young Nigerian girls taking hemp, skunk, codeine, etc, is something that makes one wonder deeply! In fact, it beats my imagination to know that this destructive habit or should I say trend, is slowly eating dangerously into the African culture!!! It is very clear that the western culture has gained another ground on the African soil and this time around, it has bitten so hard on many of our supposed young and promising girls who now see excessive consumption of hard drugs as the best way to enjoy life! The lack of proper vigilance of most of our young parents, insensitivity of government's security and health agencies, absence of effective cultural re-orientation and peer pressure are some of the sure causes of this latest and destructive trend!!!

Last weekend, Saturday to be precise, I went to the local neighbourhood grocery store to pick some provisions when I saw this pretty young girl of about 18 coming towards my direction. Her steps were slightly unsteady. As she passed, I waved at her and said 'Hi' friendly with a smile on my face but she said nothing. She stopped for a while, looked at me in a very dumb manner, with red and sleepy eyes without uttering a single word, then continued her journey home! I was still wondering why she acted the way she acted when the store attendant told me not to bother myself about her; that she normally takes that route to the riverside often to smoke and sip codeine. I later learnt that she is an undergraduate in one of the private universities!!! What a waste of youthful years and energy!

Are these the type of wives and mothers our society is grooming for the coming generation? Skunk and codeine mommies?

What about the young men? Some, as young as 14!!! Are they the type of husbands and fathers our society is breeding for the coming generation? Cannabis daddies?

Nigerian youths hardly copy the good aspects of the western culture; they would prefer the destructive ones!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by kellyJames5(m): 12:55am On Sep 17, 2015
Mhen I dey bow for skunk girls!

E gt one wey dey ma area;

She go high finish. Cum do eye lik rain wan fall.
Dis girl I'm talkin abt is in her early twenties.

1 Like

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Rapmoney(m): 1:01am On Sep 17, 2015
kellyJames5:
Mhen I dey bow for skunk girls!

E gt one wey dey ma area;

She go high finish. Cum do eye lik rain wan fall.

Dis girl I'm talkin abt is in her early twenties.
...and they have parents and are from homes! wink
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 17, 2015
Just lastweek nai me catch ma babe dey 'kpo' d marra for one corner.. Afraid catch my career dah day shocked

2 Likes

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by kellyJames5(m): 1:06am On Sep 17, 2015
Rapmoney:
...and they have parents and are from homes! wink

Asin eeeh!

And the is very beautiful.
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by menix(m): 1:14am On Sep 17, 2015
Wat else can I say when it was a gal who introduced me to gbana...
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by histemple: 1:33am On Sep 17, 2015
Moral decadence.

1 Like

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Gboliwe: 2:20am On Sep 17, 2015
Rapmoney:
It is no longer news that many young guys indulge in taking hard drugs such as cannabis and other highly intoxicating drugs like skunk and codeine but the latest trend of young Nigerian girls taking hemp, skunk, codeine, etc, is something that makes one wonder deeply! In fact, it beats my imagination to know that this destructive habit or should I say trend, is slowly eating dangerously into the African culture!!! It is very clear that the western culture has gained another ground on the African soil and this time around, it has bitten so hard on many of our supposed young and promising girls who now see excessive consumption of hard drugs as the best way to enjoy life! The lack of proper vigilance of most of our young parents, insensitivity of government's security and health agencies, absence of effective cultural re-orientation and peer pressure are some of the sure causes of this latest and destructive trend!!!

Last weekend, Saturday to be precise, I went to the local neighbourhood grocery store to pick some provisions when I saw this pretty young girl of about 18 coming towards my direction. Her steps were slightly unsteady. As she passed, I waved at her and said 'Hi' friendly with a smile on my face but she said nothing. She stopped for a while, looked at me in a very dumb manner, with red and sleepy eyes without uttering a single word, then continued her journey home! I was still wondering why she acted the way she acted when the store attendant told me not to bother myself about her; that she normally takes that route to the riverside often to smoke and sip codeine. I later learnt that she is an undergraduate in one of the private universities!!! What a waste of youthful years and energy!

Are these the type of wives and mothers our society is grooming for the coming generation? Skunk and codeine mommies?

What about the young men? Some, as young as 14!!! Are they the type of husbands and fathers our society is breeding for the coming generation? Cannabis daddies?

Nigerian youths hardly copy the good aspects of the western culture; they would prefer the destructive ones!!!

I think you are exaggerating. I am a young Nigerian, living in Nigeria and I don't know a thing about "skunk". What exactly is "skunk" as for codeine, isn't that supposed to help cough and is found in cough syrups?

2 Likes

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by tpiander: 2:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Gboliwe:

I think you are exaggerating. I am a young Nigerian, living in Nigeria and I don't know a thing about "skunk". What exactly is "skunk" as for codeine, isn't that supposed to help cough and is found in cough syrups?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_%28Cannabis%29

and yes, codeine is also a stimulant.
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Gboliwe: 4:49am On Sep 17, 2015
tpiander:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_%28Cannabis%29

and yes, codeine is also a stimulant.

Thank you tpia. OP I still insist you are exaggerating with statistics.

1 Like

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by adekennis(m): 5:10am On Sep 17, 2015
Gboliwe:

Thank you tpia. OP I still insist you are exaggerating with statistics.

Bro believe me, the OP is not exaggerating here if u are familiar with street happening...that's the new trend now..Codine,Refnor,Skunk etc..Skunk is redifined of cannabis ....Majority of our young girls and guys are so addicted to this hard drugs.

Are u aware you can't buy Benylin With Codine in pharmacy without doc prescription now?

2 Likes

Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Rapmoney(m): 6:49am On Sep 17, 2015
Gboliwe:

That's you not knowing anything about skunk! What doest it show? It shows you are not even aware of the happenings around you and within your environment! cool
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by Rapmoney(m): 7:01am On Sep 17, 2015
adekennis:

Bro believe me, the OP is not exaggerating here if u are familiar with street happening...that's the new trend now..Codine,Refnor,Skunk etc..Skunk is redifined of cannabis ....Majority of our young girls and guys are so addicted to this hard drugs.

Are u aware you can't buy Benylin With Codine in pharmacy without doc prescription now?
Thank you very much! cheesy. How I wish they were familiar with the new trend and how common these drugs are used freely in the streets!!!
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by fernandoc(m): 7:03am On Sep 18, 2015
The worst is that the general psychology and mental balance of a lot of youths is rapidly deteriorating. You see people behaving so unseemly and it's so sad. Some of us who really abused drugs and quit will understand better. When you can no longer count the number of friends who overdosed or went permanently crazy with your fingers you thank God for saving grace. One of my guy had serious mental and health challenge cos he wanted to outdo a 'small girl' in a mixture of one bottle of codeine and magic moment vodka. No be small problem wey em get. Every body body no be the same. Some dey show instantly and some go wait make you Nak 40+ Na that time you go grab the truth of the matter.
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by donjon: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2015
Issokay
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by porozhniy(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
i once had a neighbour whose son ran mad at 15 and eventually died at 16 from drug abuse.
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by tpiander: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
op repent of your evil demonic nature and turn to Jesus.
Re: Skunk And Codeine: The New Trend For Nigerian Girls by 2CatWoman: 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
What has your write-up got to do with western culture??

(1) (Reply)

Keggites Introduce Yourself / Sun And Spirituality: Is There A Connection? / Best Clubs And Restaurants In Lagos ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.