Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

What Is Eid Al Adha ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is Eid Al Adha ? (7105 Views)

Eid-el-fitr 1439: Sultan Announces Tomorrow Is Eid As Moon Sighted / Soldiers Watch As Eid-Al-Fitr Prayers In Borno Holds. PICS / Happy Eid Al-Adha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Aminat508(f): 7:35am On Sep 18, 2015
So its few days to Eid al ahda and we are all preparing to buy our ram for the celebration, some people already bought theirs, some bought it many months back because its a very important celebration in Islam but do we really know what eid al ahda means? what are its significance? is it just about killing the ram or wearing new clothes and dressing up to the eid praying ground, in this issue we would be discussing few important details of eid al ahda:

what is eid al ahda?

Eid al ahda or Eid al kabir is one of the most important Islamic festivals, it begins on the 10th day of dhu'l Hijja, the last month of the Islamic calendar, it occurs at the conclusion of the annual hajj, or pilgrimage to mecca.
Eid al ahda commemorates prophet Abraham's willingness to obey God when he envisioned that he was to sacrifice his son.
Muslims observe this day by slaughtering an animal (usually a sheep/ram) then offer much of its meat in charity to the poor
This sacrifice symbolizes obedience to Allah and its distribution to others is an expression of generosity.

Eid prayer

Eid prayer is usually offered in a Eidgah (a field where eid prayer is held)

Who must attend?

Men should go to a Eidgah (a field where eid prayer held)—to perform eid prayer, Women are also highly encouraged to attend, although it is not compulsory. Menstruating women do not participate in the formal prayer, but should be present to witness the goodness and the gathering of Muslims, any Muslim who is in good health should also attend.

When is it performed?

The Eid al-Adha prayer is performed anytime after the sun completely rises up to just before the entering of zhur time, on the 10th of Dhul Hijjah. In the event of (e.g. natural disaster), the prayer may be delayed to the 11th of Dhul Hijjah and then to the 12th of Dhul Hijjah

The Sunnah of preparation

In keeping with the tradition of the holy prophet Muhammad (pbuh), we are encouraged to prepare ourselves for the occasion of Eid ,we should make wudu and offer salat al fajr, take our bath and dress up, putting on new or our best cloth available so long as it is clean.

Rituals of Eid prayers

Eid prayers must be offered in congregation. It consists of two raka'ahs (units) with seven takbirs in the first Raka'ah and five takbirs in the second Raka'ah.
At the conclusion of the prayers and sermon, we embrace and exchange greetings with one other , give gifts to children, and visit one another. We can also take this opportunity to invite our non-Muslims friends, neighbors, co-workers and classmates to the Eid festivities to better acquaint them about Islam and Muslim culture.

I hope this gives a little in sight of what the festivity is really all about, its not just all bout you eating all the ram/sheep/animal you killed all by yourself but also giving to the poor, understanding what it means to be obedient to your creator and generousity in general,

ma salam

Source:http://muslimalislam.weebly.com/blog/eid-al-adha

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by mistabiola: 7:48am On Sep 18, 2015
cheesy cheesy

Thanks for this wonderful piece
Very insightful cool cool

5 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by amodu(m): 7:50am On Sep 18, 2015
Aminat508:

Source:http://muslimalislam.weebly.com/blog/eid-al-adha
I will be waiting for my meat ooo, no story either.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Ahmed4002(m): 8:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Jazakallahu khairam .
The month of Dhul-Hijjah is a season of worship, and seasons of worship bring along blessings, benefits and opportunities to correct one's faith and make up for shortcoming. Every one of these special opportunities involves some kind of worship, which brings the slave closer to his Lord. And Allah bestows His blessings and Favors on whom He wills. The fortunate person is he who makes good use of these special months, days, and hours, while worshiping Allah. He is most likely to be touched by the blessings of Allah. [Ibn Rajab, al-Lataa'if pp. 8]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Omotayor123(f): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Ram season... Aminat dis your Ram get as he be ooogrin
Odun a ba wa layo!

4 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by amodu(m): 9:42am On Sep 18, 2015
Omotayor123:
Ram season... Aminat dis your Ram get as he be ooogrin

Odun a ba wa layo!

I tot say na only me observe am grin grin

Amin oo

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Mutuwa(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2015
jazakallahu.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by decisive(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2015
Concisely detailed.

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by princemillla(m): 11:21am On Sep 18, 2015
Jazakun Lah khairan sis

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Golddy(f): 11:22am On Sep 18, 2015
MashaAllah sis.... Odun a bawalayo o

4 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by moufan: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2015
nice,jazakhumllahu akhiran

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2015
Gud question?

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by hazzanzico(m): 11:46am On Sep 18, 2015
Jazakymullahi khairan... BT y not saying Odun ayako we all says odun ayabo
Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by eluquenson(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nice info here

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by mutaalim(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
hazzanzico:
Jazakymullahi khairan... BT y not saying Odun ayako we all says odun ayabo
none of the above rather say
اللهم تقبل منا ومنك Allahumo taqobal mina wa minka (O Allah accept it from us as an act of ibada (worship) and from you آمين

3 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by yakamata(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
may we witness it alive and healthy. click like to say AMEN

3 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by yuzjet(m): 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks for the insights. Jazakum OP.

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by olumzzz(m): 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Jazak Allahu Kayir

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by SweetyZinta(f): 2:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks dis wonderful piece! Keep it coming. Jazakillahu khairan

2 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by acehood907(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
May Allah forgive us, buh animat I don't even like your ram wlh
Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by bobchigar(m): 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan.

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Kazrem(m): 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
I won't spare the following monikers from collecting my eran ileya. aminat508, baba11, jarus, omotayor123, agarawu23, mhizdiddy (I hope I got that monicker right), maclatunji

3 Likes

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Omotayor123(f): 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Kazrem:
I won't spare the following monikers from collecting my eran ileya. aminat508, baba11, jarus, omotayor123, agarawu23, mhizdiddy (I hope I got that monicker right), maclatunji
No worry.. I will give you the head tongue
Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Aminat508(f): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Kazrem:
no ram ooooo, aregbe no pay my papa salary cry cry

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Omotayor123(f): 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
Aminat508:
shocked This ram wey ranju for picture nko
Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Aminat508(f): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Omotayor123:

shocked This ram wey ranju for picture nko
picture ram ni nah grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Omotayor123(f): 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
Aminat508:
picture ram ni nah grin
Lolll

1 Like

Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by agarawu23(m): 6:06am On Sep 19, 2015
Kazrem:
I won't spare the following monikers from collecting my eran ileya. aminat508, baba11, jarus, omotayor123, agaraw u23, mhizdiddy (I hope I got that monicker right), maclatunji
no wahala wink
Just drop your address for me smiley
Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by baba11(m): 8:17am On Sep 19, 2015
Kazrem:
Just turn on your Bluetooth and send the address to me for DHL delivery shocked grin
Re: What Is Eid Al Adha ? by Kazrem(m): 9:10am On Sep 19, 2015
baba11:

Just turn on your Bluetooth and send the address to me for DHL delivery shocked grin
grin
agarawu23:
no wahala wink
Just drop your address for me smiley
Are you in lasgidi?
Aminat508:
You are from Kwara nah
Omotayor123:

No worry.. I will give you the head tongue
Nah lap I want ;P

(1) (Reply)

Singling Out A Day For Fasting On Prophet Muhammad Saw's Birthday / Telling Your Brothers And Friends You Love Them Is A Sunnah / 39 Benefits Of Sending Blessings Upon Prophet Muhammad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.