Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,729 members, 7,824,062 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. (79849 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 3:30am On Jul 27, 2010

Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 6:24am On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by nopaddy: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2010
Nice pictures here, but i can't figure out the intention of the posters. The truth is that those pictures don't tell half the truth about Lagos environments. Why post images of places that were mostly fixed by past administrations. The fact is that todays Lagos is in a mess. If you want to see the true images of Lagos then you have to visit places like Isolo, Agege, Orile, Amukoko, Ajao estate, Idimu, Abule-egba, Egbeda, Ejigbo, Iju, Ogba, Ijora, Ajegunle, Ipaja, Ayobo e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c. I think that truth is the only thing that will heal the republic.
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by omega25red(m): 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
no paddy:

Nice pictures here, but i can't figure out the intention of the posters. The truth is that those pictures don't tell half the truth about Lagos environments. Why post images of places that were mostly fixed by past administrations. The fact is that todays Lagos is in a mess. If you want to see the true images of Lagos then you have to visit places like Isolo, Agege, Orile, Amukoko, Ajao estate, Idimu, Abule-egba, Egbeda, Ejigbo, Iju, Ogba, Ijora, Ajegunle, Ipaja, Ayobo e.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c. I think that truth is the only thing that will heal the republic.
^^^^ well i am glad you volunteered your services because we are now waiting for the pictures of these places you speak of.
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 3:23am On Aug 10, 2010

Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by omega25red(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2010
What resort is this ^^^^ or where in nigeria is that
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2010
What resort is this ^^^^ or where in nigeria is that

Its a beach resort in the lekki axis of Lagos. . .watch the video below

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn_BccN8bS4?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2010
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 15, 2010
www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/6/7/8/1757876.jpg">
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2010

[quote][/QUOTE]
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2010

[quote][/QUOTE]
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by paddylo1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2010

Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by Abrantie: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2010
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Star Beer is a Ghanaian beer but that's ok.

We've adopted Nigerian brands too, so it's cool.

Glowing reviews of Star Beer: http://www.thebackpacker.net/travel-guide/world-drinks/ghana/360/ (looks like the world loves Star)
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by nopaddy: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2010
The pictures posted here don't add up. They don't really tell us anything about Lagos/Nigeria. Most of the buildings and stuffs showcase so far were put up by the military in the 70's and 80's. What we've seen so far are mere propagada orchestrated by some apologists. Only God knows what they're out to achieve. I live in Lagos so I know.
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by oyinda3(f): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2010
i see a lot of foreigners throughout these pics. undecided as usual.

yea fashola is doing a better job than ex-governors. but it seems like the progress is not as great or rapid as i had originally thought.
it will be nice to see pics of changes in residential areas. ex. where regular nigerians live (not foreigners).
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by ogunsam75(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2010
coming soon ASIWAJU BOLA AHAMED TINUBU COMMERCIAL BUSINESS DISTRICT IN IBEJU LEKKI, 5 mins drive from Lekki Free Trade Zone for more details contact: landview75@yahoo.com

Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by DARA1234: 9:01am On Jul 24, 2011
hi Paddy_lo
I was reading an interesting article you pasted on LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE back in January I wonder if you have any up to date information about the place.
Thanks
Dara1234
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by EuroMeko(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by N101: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2011
no paddy:

The pictures posted here don't add up. They don't really tell us anything about Lagos/Nigeria. Most of the buildings and stuffs showcase so far were put up by the military in the 70's and 80's. What we've seen so far are mere propagada orchestrated by some apologists. Only God knows what they're out to achieve. I live in Lagos so I know.

oyinda.:

i see a lot of foreigners throughout these pics.  undecided as usual.

yea fashola is doing a better job than ex-governors. but it seems like the progress is not as great or rapid as i had originally thought.
it will be nice to see pics of changes in residential areas. ex. where regular nigerians live (not foreigners).

You are correct, these glossy pictures aren't the real Lagos I have seen on a daily basis.  While Governor Fashola may have made a change in tiny ways, it's impact still isn't being felt in most of Lagos.  Only in January (elections coming up) did I see a BRT bus for the first time ever anywhere near my neighbourhood.  When I spoke to some of my neighbours they said the same thing, they thought the bus was lost.  But it turns out that there's now some sort of BRT service in the area.  Other than that, the only other change I've seen are some potholes between the Dopemu and Cement bus stops being filled in so the road is easier to drive on.

I can only presume some of the "changes" implemented by the Governor are limited to certain areas.  We definitely don't have any pretty flower beds  cheesy
Re: Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only. by Horus(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. / Man Narrates The Kind Of Wonder Creatures Living In The Ocean / Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.