Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

10 Books That Will Change Your Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Books That Will Change Your Life (1023 Views)

I Can't Promise You Millions In A Month But Ds Biz Will Change Ur Life For Sure / These Materials Could Change Your Life And Career! / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Books That Will Change Your Life by segello: 12:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
1) “Mastery” by Robert Greene
This book is like a curated version of 1,000 biographies all under the guise, “how to become a master at what you love.”

2) "Bold" by Peter Diamondis and Steven Kotler
Basically if you want to know the future, read this.

3) “Outliers” by Malcolm Gladwell.
Malcolm Gladwell’s stories are great and he explains deep concepts.

How did the Beatles become the best? Why are professional hockey players born in January, February and March? And so on.

4) “Where Good Ideas Come From” by Steven John
The connections Johnson makes are brilliant. For instance, The Gutenberg Press made everyone realize they had bad vision.

5) “Man’s Search For Meaning” by Victor Frankl
Read it because when you’re about halfway through you will realize your life is no longer the same. And next time you get a chance to whisper in the ear of someone about to kill himself, whisper words from this book.

6) “Born Standing Up” by Steve Martin
This is the book where the writer took his passion, documented it, and shared it with us. That’s when you see the subtleties, the hard work, the luck, the talent, the skill, all come together to form a champion.

7) “Zero to One” by Peter Thiel
Thiel, the founder of PayPal, and first investor in Facebook, is brilliant in how he simply shares his theories on building a billion dollar business.

There’s a lot of business books out there. 99% of them are BS. Read this one. So many concepts that will help change your attitude about not only business but capitalism.

cool “Quiet” by Susan Cain
“Quiet” shows the reader how to unlock the secret powers that probably half the world needs to unlock.

9) “Antifragile” by Nassim Tale
“Resilient” means if you hit something, it will stay the same. Nassim discusses building a system, even one that works for you on a personal level, where if you harm yourself in some way it becomes stronger.“Fragile” means if you hit something might break.

10) “Mindset” by Carol Dweck
Carol Dweck, through massive research and storytelling, shows the reader how to continue on the path of improvement and why so many people fall off that path.
more on...http://nairametrics.com/10-books-that-will-change-your-life/

2 Likes

Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks.
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by Godfullsam(m): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
ok.
leme look for 4, 5 and 7.
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by Godfullsam(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
ok.
leme look for 4, 5 and 7 but who will read them for me because I can't read embarassed
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by Piusuwaka: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
thanks for dis
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by dbatty: 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
i can't believe i have never seen any of the tittle listed above....omo, am a really big learner
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by unofficial(m): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2015
If you read no other, please read Mastery and Outliers. They are my best books of all time.
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by dbatty: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
unofficial:
If you read no other, please read Mastery and Outliers. They are my best books of all time.

noted @unoffical, i will be on the look out for them.

i have read 3 of greene's books, the art of seduction, 48 laws of power, 33 strategies of war

i will find the mastery asap! thanks boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by Dereformer(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2015
I was here.
Re: 10 Books That Will Change Your Life by sannirules(m): 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
Read Dale Carnegie's books

(1) (Reply)

6 Steps To Help You Rent Your First Apartment / 11 Brilliant Nigerians Working With Mark Zuckerberg At Facebook / Challenges in the Nigerian army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.