Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank (1953 Views)

What Are The Procedure To Recover Bank Account Of My Late Father / Someone Is Trying To Access My Nairaland Account / Abimbola Fernandez Mourns Late Dad With Touching Throwback Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good day guys. Please i will like somebody to help me out how i can access my Late Dad fund in the bank. i keep on getting the alert of payment into his account since his demise. What are the steps to take so that the bank will not deny us children the fund. Please your advise is seriously needed. He died over a year ago. i appreciate every contribution. Thanks.
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by walearoy(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
dudkko:
Good day guys. Please i will like somebody to help me out how i can access my Late Dad fund in the bank. i keep on getting the alert of payment into his account since his demise. What are the steps to take so that the bank will not deny us children the fund. Please your advise is seriously needed. He died over a year ago. i appreciate every contribution. Thanks.

Sorry for the loss

Its quite simple based on the bank

1. Know the balance and account number

2. Get a lawyer who would help process a letter of administration for you and another member of the family as agreed by the family.

3.Approach a bank preferably the bank your dad used to open an Estate account with required documents needed by the bank.

4. Request the funds be transferred to the estate account.

Another person can pls add more insight
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by ekwe1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Was there no next of kin attached to the account...
dudkko:
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by ewosk: 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
Sorry for the loss

do you know who your Dad used as next of kin in opening the said account

if you do then write a letter signed by the next of kin and some other member of the immediate family; attach proof that your dad is dead...Death certificate, proceed to the bank and present to the BOM...

That what a friend did;
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by santakris(m): 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
I am not sure of all the requirements but I know you will need his death certificate. Sorry about the loss.
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by onatisi(m): 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Get a lawyer to put you through and guide you through the process.
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
ewosk:
Sorry for the loss

do you know who your Dad used as next of kin in opening the said account

if you do then write a letter signed by the next of kin and some other member of the immediate family; attach proof that your dad is dead...Death certificate, proceed to the bank and present to the BOM...

That what a friend did;
Thanks for your reply . please what is BOM
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
walearoy:

Sorry for the loss

Its quite simple based on the bank

1. Know the balance and account number

2. Get a lawyer who would help process a letter of administration for you and another member of the family as agreed by the family.

3.Approach a bank preferably the bank your dad used to open an Estate account with required documents needed by the bank.

4. Request the funds be transferred to the estate account.

Another person can pls add more insight
Thanks.
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by walearoy(m): 1:18am On Sep 19, 2015
dudkko:

Branch Operations Manager

I'm sure the process started won't work in some banks, just follow mine and you'll be fine.

What's the name of the bank let's see.
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by ewosk: 1:21am On Sep 19, 2015
dudkko:

Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
walearoy:

I'm sure the process started won't work in some banks, just follow mine and you'll be fine.

What's the name of the bank let's see.
the bank is wema bank. though not lagos branch
Re: How DO I Access My Late Dad Funds In The Bank by walearoy(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
dudkko:
the bank is wema bank. though not lagos branch

Walk into the bank and see the BOM

(1) (Reply)

When You Board Okada With A Fat Woman[photo] / Yeahhh!!! Today Is My Birthday! Any Wishes And Advice For Me? / Why Reuben Abati's Phone No Longer Rings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.