Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. (990 Views)

10 Signs That Witches And Wizards Followed You To A Job Interview / What's your Experience With Cv Wizards Writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 11:15am On Sep 19, 2015
This thread has bee created for job seekers and those interested in switching careers. Here we can talk about interview dos and don'ts, CV preparation, job haunting, Social media, etc. Feel free to ask your questions and we will do our best to answer as many as possible.

Also, for those of you who need us to do a review of your CV, send in a copy of your recent resume to CV Wizards and one of our professional CV writers will assess it and email you with their suggestions as to how it could be improved to ensure it is viewed more positively by a prospective employer.

we will look carefully at a wide range of important criteria, from common mistakes to content and presentation and deliver a review indicating exactly what can be improved – and where.

Let the questions start rolling.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by ahaz: 11:21am On Sep 19, 2015
fsgcompany:
This thread has bee created for job seekers and those interested in switching careers. Here we can talk about interview dos and don'ts, CV preparation, job haunting, Social media, etc. Feel free to ask your questions and we will do our best to answer as many as possible.

Also, for those of you who need us to do a review of your CV, send in a copy of your recent resume to CV Wizards and one of our professional CV writers will assess it and email you with their suggestions as to how it could be improved to ensure it is viewed more positively by a prospective employer.

we will look carefully at a wide range of important criteria, from common mistakes to content and presentation and deliver a review indicating exactly what can be improved – and where.

SUBMIT YOUR CV HERE FOR REVIEW

Let the questions start rolling.

pls oga could u be kind to send me a resume sample.i have a problem in that area....maxwellchidi14@gmail.com tanx
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by Elypsis(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2015
Hello, am graduate of masscomm frm a reputable polytechnic, although am versatile n familiar with all the branches of masscomm bt I prefer Advertising to others. However, I prepared a resume and I tailored it towards the marketng communications angle of my discipline. Pls I wud like you to review my resume although I av no prior experience with any advertising agency but am very well eqquiped with the intricacies of advertising and how advertising agencies operates. What are my chances of landing a posiition in an ad agency with ma resume cos I know dat when am lucky enuff to land an interview I'll be chosen
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 11:39am On Sep 19, 2015
Elypsis:
Hello, am graduate of masscomm frm a reputable polytechnic, although am versatile n familiar with all the branches of masscomm bt I prefer Advertising to others. However, I prepared a resume and I tailored it towards the marketng communications angle of my discipline. Pls I wud like you to review my resume although I av no prior experience with any advertising agency but am very well eqquiped with the intricacies of advertising and how advertising agencies operates. What are my chances of landing a posiition in an ad agency with ma resume cos I know dat when am lucky enuff to land an interview I'll be chosen

You can send your resume for a free and quick review http://cvwizards.com.ng/xyz72dl/
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by Benjom(m): 11:40am On Sep 19, 2015
I did a research on the software known as 'ATS' used by big enterprises/organizations to effectively select suitable candidates for specific jobs... www.nairaland.com/2609659/applicant-tracking-system-ats-all
What do you think about this application and it's future in relation to getting desired jobs by job-seekers?
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 11:41am On Sep 19, 2015
ahaz:
pls oga could u be kind to send me a resume sample.i have a problem in that area....maxwellchidi14@gmail.com tanx

There is no "globally acceptable" standard or format. In this situation, it varies as long as you capture the most important and relevant information and have them arranged properly.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 11:45am On Sep 19, 2015
Benjom:
I did a research on the software known as 'ATS' used by big enterprises/organizations to effectively select suitable candidates for specific jobs... www.nairaland.com/2609659/applicant-tracking-system-ats-all
What do you think about this application and it's future in relation to getting desired jobs by job-seekers?
I don't understand your question. Perhaps you can re-phrase. I believe you explained everything about ATS, but from my perspective, it is just a tool to make the recruiting job easier because there are more candidates flooding the market and there is the dire need to do your selection right.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by MrKIZITO(m): 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Nice one op
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
MrKIZITO:
Nice one op

Thanks. Just doing our part to help.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by Scholarships: 12:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
Is it necessary to include references in your cv? Someone told me it's only needed during and after interview.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by databoy247(m): 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
Scholarships:
Is it necessary to include references in your cv? Someone told me it's only needed during and after interview.
It's not necessary. But you can always provide them if requested.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by Scholarships: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
databoy247:

It's not necessary. But you can always provide them if requested.
Thanks a lot.
While sending your cv and cover letter via email, what's expected to be written as the content of the mail, other than the heading?
How do you package a hard copy cv and cover letter for submission?
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2015
Scholarships:

Thanks a lot.
While sending your cv and cover letter via email, what's expected to be written as the content of the mail, other than the heading?
How do you package a hard copy cv and cover letter for submission?

There is a very big misconception about cover letters. But to clear the air, when sending an application via email, your cover letter is what you are supposed to write as the body of your mail. You don't need to attach your CV and a separate cover letter. You only attach a cover letter when you are submitting a hard copy.

Most employers don't give reading preference to applications that come in with a blank email. You should understand that there might be thousands of applications for just 3 openings and if you want to stand a better chance, why not write something in your email? A quick assessment can be done by a recruiter by just reading your cover letter (which is the body of your email) and this might prompt them to download your CV which might just be luckily added to the list.

1 Like

Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by Scholarships: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
fsgcompany:

There is a very big misconception about cover letters. But to clear the air, when sending an application via email, your cover letter is what you are supposed to write as the body of your mail. You don't need to attach your CV and a separate cover letter. You only attach a cover letter when you are submitting a hard copy.

Most employers don't give reading preference to applications that come in with a blank email. You should understand that there might be thousands of applications for just 3 openings and if you want to stand a better chance, why not write something in your email? A quick assessment can be done by a recruiter by just reading your cover letter (which is the body of your email) and this might prompt them to download your CV which might just be luckily added to the list.
Thank you, I now understand.
Please clarify me on the issue of hard copy cv submission. What documents are meant to be included in the package and how do you address the envelope? What type of envelope should be used? Just everything about hard copy submission.

1 Like

Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
There all, we have received a lot of CV for review. So we have stopped accepting CV for the now so we can have the time to do a review on the ones submitted to us. The channel will be open again soon.
Re: CV Wizards Nairaland Thread. Ask Us Anything. by fsgcompany(f): 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Good afternoon.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacacies / Job Vacancy Now! / From Iyanaipaja, How Can One Get To This Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.